• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Country V City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
I've always touted 10. Dave Harvey as a likely player for Super Rugby squad, warts and all, and he took another step forward last week. If the ARC had been going since 2007 I think that Dave would already be in a Super stable. He doesn't lack confidence. He's only 25 but if he doesn't get a gig soon the world could pass him by.

Sorry to do this to you, LG - as a legend around here. But Dave Harvey is 29.... used to play against him as a kid. He is a very handy player, similar to Tim Donnelly I suppose. I hope, unlike Tim, he doesn't miss his opportunity

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
It was a top game given the conditions.

I've always touted 10. Dave Harvey as a likely player for Super Rugby squad, warts and all, and he took another step forward last week. If the ARC had been going since 2007 I think that Dave would already be in a Super stable. He doesn't lack confidence. He's only 25 but if he doesn't get a gig soon the world could pass him by.

No question Harvey is good with ball in hand. His kicking game is the best in the comp also. However, his defence is non existent. He's had a stint in Italy that I know of, and may even have had a stint in France (might be wrong on the French one, I'm sure I'll be corrected if so). At 29, if he was of any serious worth, he would've been locked in by now. Me thinks his boat has sailed, which is shame, as he is clearly a late bloomer in some great form this year.

I

izzywizzy

Dave Harvey

Dave Harvey did not go to France and his stint in Italy was short. He only goes overseas because he is constantly overlooked here which is such a shame because he deserves his break. He is a fantastic player. He has just won his 2nd Ken Catchpole. 1 of only 4 people who have won this medal more than twice. I'm not sure how much more he can do to proove himself.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Dave Harvey did not go to France and his stint in Italy was short. He only goes overseas because he is constantly overlooked here which is such a shame because he deserves his break. He is a fantastic player. He has just won his 2nd Ken Catchpole. 1 of only 4 people who have won this medal more than twice. I'm not sure how much more he can do to proove himself.

Perhaps make more tackles than he misses............

I

izzywizzy

I am pretty sure he is aware that his defense needs working on. This has been a focus of this season.

No, definitely not the man himself but a close associate.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
watching the games this year it looked like they had greenway next to harvey to cover for him in defence

so they should....Harvey has made 3 tackles his entire career.......and 2 of them the ball carrier actually tripped over before he got to Harvey

Status
Not open for further replies.