• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddogreen

Herbert Moran (7)
So IS the one being the Bondi boy or the brother? One would imagine that one would have visited his brother's school and the other would be familiar with the suburb next door. Also no comment on HSC results this year? Scots must have done ok to keep QH, IS and the other sycophants off the keyboard. See High beat Grammar again. #foreverinourshadow

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
So IS the one being the Bondi boy or the brother? One would imagine that one would have visited his brother's school and the other would be familiar with the suburb next door. Also no comment on HSC results this year? Scots must have done ok to keep QH, IS and the other sycophants off the keyboard. See High beat Grammar again. #foreverinourshadow
All I know is that the story came from a present parent.

This is not a thread about HSC results so I won't turn it into one but you should not assume anything from my silence on the topic - start a thread and I'll tell you what I think

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
So IS the one being the Bondi boy or the brother? One would imagine that one would have visited his brother's school and the other would be familiar with the suburb next door.

I would hope the Cranbrook boy knows the location of Bellevue Hill. :eek:
I assume the location question was for the 8 boys headed that way - in which case the Bondi, Waverley, and Rose Bay boys may not be among them, assuming that the little brother is going.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I would hope the Cranbrook boy knows the location of Bellevue Hill. :eek:
I assume the location question was for the 8 boys headed that way - in which case the Bondi, Waverley, and Rose Bay boys may not be among them, assuming that the little brother is going.

Don't be so sure - in the modern era of helicopter parenting some kids have more knowledge of the geography of post WW2 europe, particularly the alpine regions, than the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
Heavy representation from the Northern beaches,with 5 players in the squad!

Yes indeed and at least 3-4 have brothers at St Augs. One of the brothers was until recently at another school in a more inner-Westerly direction but now has returned. Is the grass always greener?
The younger brother has a prodigious talent and if I was Dr Lambert I would be offering not helicopter-parenting, but an actual helicopter to get the boy to my school every day.
The Inner West school can get in the queue... They will not be happy once the talents of the youger brother become known.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Yes indeed and at least 3-4 have brothers at St Augs. One of the brothers was until recently at another school in a more inner-Westerly direction but now has returned. Is the grass always greener?
The younger brother has a prodigious talent and if I was Dr Lambert I would be offering not helicopter-parenting, but an actual helicopter to get the boy to my school every day.
The Inner West school can get in the queue. They will not be happy once the talents of the youger brother become known.

IIRC from the GPS 2014 and 2013 threads, the inner west school was undefeated in 13As in 2013 and in 2014 made the bizarre decision to put a number of the better 14As players up into the 15As for the season. The result being 14As and 15As both won few games. Meanwhile the Augustines 14As conquered all. I think there's a link there;).

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Actually worked with this team as a coach and all the boys are outstanding athletes. Don't believe all that you hear about where they are going to end up…. There are a lot of boys in Year 5 and quite a few pursuing other sporting avenues.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Good news, not so good news and the start of a new discussion.

Good news first.

Helen, eldest, has taken a job in Copenhagen for Maersk. The good news is that for my birthday, I refuse to say which one, she organised a collective birthday present that will see the two of us at least at some games at the world cup. Now that's exciting.

The not so good news. TAS first eleven won the local Armidale senior comp and has entered the FFA knock-out. Obviously I am ecstatic at the school's win, but it shows you how hard Rugby's job has become.

Now the start of a new discussion, really one that has begun. This year I am, again, going to prowl the grounds for the the thirds comp.

I have been going through a learning process on all this. I began because I wanted to see TAS play. That was wonderful after such a long gap. Then I started commenting here, culminating in a report on the the thirds comp.

Now my problem is that I don't know the other schools. I have only girls, and they are past the school phase. Wandering the grounds as a single male, if ancient enough not to be a threat, is actually quite hard.

So this is what I would like. This year I am going to try to go to all Sydney thirds games regardless of who is playing. I will try to get to some of the Armidale games as well.

What I would like you to do is to post reports of the thirds games. preferably with visual material. Then at year's end, I can gather all this and report.

Of course, the main games are more important. But I and followers of SGS and SBH can't share. I won't to promote The GPS Rugby comp. the only one with all schools.

ruggersguruu

Frank Row (1)
Scots and Joeys surely have to be the two favourites to take out the title in 2015 but i must point out that i strongly believe that Kings could be the dark horse of this competition. A solid and quite experienced pack with quite a large handful of player returning this year with previous 1st XV experience. Certainly my pick for a large scale upset

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Scots and Joeys surely have to be the two favourites to take out the title in 2015 but i must point out that i strongly believe that Kings could be the dark horse of this competition. A solid and quite experienced pack with quite a large handful of player returning this year with previous 1st XV experience. Certainly my pick for a large scale upset

Have to agree on those 2, being Scots and Joeys as favorites, but I can genuinely see this being the most interesting comp in a few years. Joeys have been the bench mark side in this age group through the ages, but I think they had a few year ahead boys playing such as Finane, Grant and some others I believe, so they have lost a couple. Scots have plenty back, but have lost the power and skill of the likes of Crighton, Porter, Rudolph and Deer to name some. Kings used to trouble Joeys through the 15's , 16's, and Riverview used to account for Kings with ease, but struggled with Joeys. Newington have some quality players back as well. Shore are probably the one that doesn't impress too much on paper, but they have some strong forwards. I would think that most sides will have the ability to beat the other if they're up a bit and the other side is off a bit. One thing is for sure is that it should be a great season, once again. Can't wait.

knock on

Herbert Moran (7)
Very close year. Here's a joeys line up.
15.clements/grant
14. Jagger-Williams/Williams
13. Wright
12. King
11.grant/Clements
10. Thomas
9. Wennerbom
8. Leaver
7. Simpson
6. Allen
5. Gittoes
4. O'connell
3 fazarri
2. Horton
1. Behringer

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Very close year. Here's a joeys line up.
15.clements/grant
14. Jagger-Williams/Williams
13. Wright
12. King
11.grant/Clements
10. Thomas
9. Wennerbom
8. Leaver
7. Simpson
6. Allen
5. Gittoes
4. O'connell
3 fazarri
2. Horton
1. Behringer

Strong looking side. I had heard the Leaver may be injured, stomach? Hopefully he's ok, great player and young man.

ShaneWatsonGossip

Frank Row (1)
Hey guys, here are my predictions for the Joeys line up for this year:
15. Grant
14. Jagger-Williams
13. King
12. Wright
11. Clements
9. Wennerbom
8. Leaver
7. Simpson
6. Allen
5. O'Connell
4. Gittoes
3 Faz (definitlely not WATSON!!!!)
2. Horts
1. Behringar

Looks like its going to be another cracker season for Joeys :mad:

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Cant see Wright playing 12 - his performance in the GPS game against CAS on the wing was borderline incredible but they tell me his defence leaves a little to be desired.
He's too good a winger to play at 12 even if his defence is OK.

knock on

Herbert Moran (7)
Halves and front row could be problem areas for joeys. Where to play wright is questionable too. He and king make a strong centre pairing and wright can play number 10 or 15 his defence definitely needs work though.

mike parker

Frank Nicholson (4)
joeys first XV 2015

1. James Behringer
2. Layton Holly (16A's)
3. Thomas Horton (Captain)
4. open (Sam Cusick/Lewis Allen maybe) - Will O'Connell to captain 2nd's
5. Gittoes
6. Tom Leaver pending fitness (Dom McGrath possible to fill in)
7. Lochie Simpson
8. Will Anderson
9. Will Wennerbom/Matt Curtin (possibly even Louie Collins)
10. Tom Wright (needs ball in hand)
11. Ben Williams
12. James Goodman/Nick Wilkinson (16A's)
13. Eddy King
14. Yirribi Jaffer-Williams
15. Tim Clements (best position for clements)

Amended - no more negative comments like that from you.

Thank you

Lee Grant

mike parker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hey guys, here are my predictions for the Joeys line up for this year:
15. Grant
14. Jagger-Williams
13. King
12. Wright
11. Clements
9. Wennerbom
8. Leaver
7. Simpson
6. Allen
5. O'Connell
4. Gittoes
3 Faz (definitlely not WATSON!!!!)
2. Horts
1. Behringar

Looks like its going to be another cracker season for Joeys :mad:

where is anderson in your line up?

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
From a Waverley perspective, we have two tough trials against View and Newington in a matter of weeks (21st for View, 28th for Newington.) Have not being heavily involved in the GPS other than watching a game or two at Scots in the past years as my mates son was in another schools first XV. Was just wondering how the View and Newington are shaping up this year respectively, and Waves will also have a trial with Scots during the Term 2-3 holidays and from reading the thread I can safely assume the boys will be in for a real test.

Thanks for your helpful replies, and look forward to a brutal game against all three, which aims to be some of the most competitive in year as Waves are shaping up to have a really successful year hopefully. Cheers in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.