• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW JRU State Championships & Representative Teams 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Hey Whatever
In the Nationals there are 3 NSW Teams: NSW Country, NSW All Schools and City - which is the final team picked after regionals. This city team play in the Nationals. last Year the 16 s NSW team was selected however the games scheduled to play was the weekend after the nationals and was represented by the kids that could still squeeze one more game of rugby out that week. With all the rugby this age group plays it makes sense to not have a 16's NSW team selected after City V Country.

Still a bit lost, so City is a NSWJRU team (must play or have played village rugby) minus country rep players? This is different from last year ehere there was Schools, Country and NSWJRU side (made up of both country and city players - is this correct?)

Leicester Tiger

Herbert Moran (7)
Newbie,

I don't disagree with your additions, I was just looking at boys who played this weekend and Clark, Morgan and Vasilis did not.
I am hoping that yellow cards do not play a part in selections, Reds absolutely!
As per my previous posts, Randwick should have some representation but I do not know them well enough to make any selections there.

I guess we shall see. When do they name the team?

Bill McLean (32)
As a matter of interest how will the U16s be selected for the nationals if there is no NSWJRU side?

regards,

I stand corrected! They are picking one for the first time to go to the National Champs this year. My apologies!

As stated before its the first time this will occur, and to be honest, it's about time! The trading will be interesting! Both associations will want to have the best team obviously!

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Thanks mate! The inclement weather kept me away today!

David Morris played today for North/South ( now that name must appeal to Lee Grant! :) ). Up against his New team mate Stuart Mill at 7 for Uni - both aquitted themselves well in a lopsided game.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
This is what I have been missing, a good disagreement with that know-it-all MOTH (with the greatest of deference to him of course . . . lol).

I'm sorry mate but please explain why the lads whose names appear below are all seeking selection in their respective school association teams but have decided to shun the State Championship this year (as they all competed in 2011)? Please note that the same were selected in the U/16 SJRU or NSWSRU teams last year. They are:

Jack McCalman (GPS - Kings)
Tepai Moeroa (GPS - Newington)
Andrew Kellaway (GPS - Scots)
Harry Jones (GPS - Kings)
Jack Redden (GPS - Riverview)
Lachlan Cannell CHS - KHS)
Oliver Kamp (GPS - Scots)
Malaki Afele (CAS - TGS)
Adrian Delore (CHS - WHS)

Correct me if I am wrong but other SJRU and NSWSRU 2011 reps who were registered to play, and who I didn't see play this weekend were:

Brandon Paenga-Amosa (CHS - ESHS)
David Morris (GPS)
Jamison Clark (CAS - TGS)
Cameron Orr (CAS - TGS)
Anthony Vasilis (GPS - Newington); injured
Michael Morgan (NSWCCC - MCK); injured

Other notable omission were the likes of Junior Satiu, Jake Roberts, and George Taufa (who was actually a SJRU Rep in 2011). There are probably more!

Ultimately I have only used the U/17's as an example as the NSWJRU will not be selecting an U/16 team in 2012, nonetheless please explain to me how the above does not support my supposed "ill informed" statement?

The bait - every time you take the bait - hahahaha

Bill McLean (32)
Orr was wearing 5, packing down on the flank - hot tip - 6 or 7 in the Sydney 17s - he was like a pig in s$%@ on the side of the scrum & looked like he was born to flatten #10s.

MOTH,

Was it one of those twins, they used to have Afro like mops?

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
...I'm sorry mate but please explain why the lads whose names appear below...

Wasn't it you bemoaning the schools from "banning" their key players from playing club last year? I just thought it was a very big boast from you to say that the majority of boys place a higher value on a NSW Schools jersey over a NSW Juniors jersey - keep sharing the love

Bill McLean (32)
Wasn't it you bemoaning the schools from "banning" their key players from playing club last year? I just thought it was a very big boast from you to say that the majority of boys place a higher value on a NSW Schools jersey over a NSW Juniors jersey - keep sharing the love

Banning, yes indeed! But how many of the lads I have named were actually banned? Very few would be my guess based on last year's roll up at State Champs by the same lads!

This then begs the question; why have the lads I've named (with noted corrections) chosen not to play this year at State, especially when given the fact that most of them (if not all) have/will made/make their respective association's representative team. For mine their conduct is indicative of a NSWSRU representative preference!

As stated previously I have asked several lads with who their preference would lie and all except one named the NSWSRU side. The reasons given were those similar to what CTPE cited in an earlier post.

Bill McLean (32)
Only rained in the afternoon - have you turned into a sook now Newbie? I actually made the trek to St Lukes to be in your anonymous presence. lol ;)

MOTH,

I don't know whether to use these tissues for my incessant sooking, or pass them to you to wipe that dribble on your chin ... ... ... lmao!

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
MOTH,

I don't know whether to use these tissues for my incessant sooking, or pass them to you to wipe that dribble on your chin . . . lmao!

Nice 1! So will I "see" you at Milner tomorrow - I'll wear a red, white & yellow shirt so you can spot me more easily.

S

Sydneybra

In the 15's Gordon beat Randwick in some bad conditions. A very physical game with lots of contact, maybe that will make some of the Gordon boys under perform in the final today. The first half was pretty even and Gordon scored off a charged down box kick on the Randwick 5m line and then again after and 22m drop out which came off the side of the Randwick kickers boot, where the Gordon fullback made a slicing run and then connected with his big winger to score. Randwick struck back on the half time bell through some very good forward play running off the 5/8 and half back. They went about 30m down field for the big No. 8 to score, missed conversion. The score going into half time 12-5. The second half started off with a deep kick and some good play from Randwick, using the ball well only for a pass to be intercepted out wide and one of the speedy backs scored a good individual try. Randwick kept trying but Gordon were too well structured and hungry for the win. Went downhill for Randwick from there. Final score 29-5. The forward pack from Randwick looked promising, notably the tight five. For Gordon their wingers, fly half and fullback looked very talented, especially number 15.

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
ACT in the 12s, 13s, 14s finals. surely the ACT state team shouldnt be competing in NSWRU State Championships?

Status
Not open for further replies.