• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW JRU State Championships & Representative Teams 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reggie

Frank Row (1)
Pull the other one.

On that quote the case for what deceitful, arrogant, self obsessed, try-hards we have in this Chatswood mob rests.

You and everyone else knew exactly what they were up to (in May I alluded to a conversation with a mother of one of your players who was quite open about it)and the record speaks for itself so save us the BS, the hand wringing apologies, the excuses and the smears because no one outside your clique believe a word of it.

Never have I encountered a more distasteful group then Chatswood u16’s, a blight on Rugby and a bloody disgrace the lot of you.

I have followed this thread for a while now and am aghast at the bitterness and mean spiritedness of several posters. Your resentment Slugga seems very personal. Here is my perspective for what its worth. The North Shore ‘Elites’ sarcastically refered to are our 16 year old sons who love playing rugby with their mates and are very much encouraged to do so by their parents as it is one way to keep them focused and busy during their teenage years. It promotes mateship, team building and competitiveness which are skills most parents would be happy to see in their kids. They love to play rugby every chance they get and for the most part they do. The limitations come from growing bodies and school demands. The SJRU recognize this and welcome these fine young men with an open spirit to be included as much as is physically and logistically possible. The people helping these boys facilitate their rugby are caring, encouraging, proactive parents with a love of rugby they share with their sons. If the SJRU exclude these boys that have extensive school rugby commitments then they are “cutting off their nose to spite their face”. There is no doubt that it is not ideal for other boys in the comp when a team cannot be fielded but it is not ideal for our boys either. A ridiculous amount of time is spent by many team members families (and one in particular whom you seem to have a problem with) trying to field a team each week and struggling bigtime due mainly to injuries incurred the previous day. I know this…first hand. Some of these boys may one day play for Australia, some may work for the ARU, some may be future rugby coaches or simply take their kids to weekend games to encourage the “bonding” forged by a joint love of this wonderful game. So how about a bit of generosity when considering teams like Chatswood. Early prediction of the inevitable problems that Chatswood were to face with several of its players moving clubs and others succumbing to injury, does not equal foul play. There is no evil conspiracy. It seems that in your eyes they are damned if they do and dammed if they don’t. Like most dads and sons they just want to enjoy time together whilst learning all the good lessons rugby has to teach and maybe even being rewarded for their improvement and efforts by being promoted along the pathway- just like everybody else.

Slugga

Ted Fahey (11)
I have followed this thread for a while now and am aghast at the bitterness and mean spiritedness of several posters. Your resentment Slugga seems very personal. Here is my perspective for what its worth. The North Shore ‘Elites’ sarcastically refered to are our 16 year old sons who love playing rugby with their mates and are very much encouraged to do so by their parents as it is one way to keep them focused and busy during their teenage years. It promotes mateship, team building and competitiveness which are skills most parents would be happy to see in their kids. They love to play rugby every chance they get and for the most part they do. The limitations come from growing bodies and school demands. The SJRU recognize this and welcome these fine young men with an open spirit to be included as much as is physically and logistically possible. The people helping these boys facilitate their rugby are caring, encouraging, proactive parents with a love of rugby they share with their sons. If the SJRU exclude these boys that have extensive school rugby commitments then they are “cutting off their nose to spite their face”. There is no doubt that it is not ideal for other boys in the comp when a team cannot be fielded but it is not ideal for our boys either. A ridiculous amount of time is spent by many team members families (and one in particular whom you seem to have a problem with) trying to field a team each week and struggling bigtime due mainly to injuries incurred the previous day. I know this…first hand. Some of these boys may one day play for Australia, some may work for the ARU, some may be future rugby coaches or simply take their kids to weekend games to encourage the “bonding” forged by a joint love of this wonderful game. So how about a bit of generosity when considering teams like Chatswood. Early prediction of the inevitable problems that Chatswood were to face with several of its players moving clubs and others succumbing to injury, does not equal foul play. There is no evil conspiracy. It seems that in your eyes they are damned if they do and dammed if they don’t. Like most dads and sons they just want to enjoy time together whilst learning all the good lessons rugby has to teach and maybe even being rewarded for their improvement and efforts by being promoted along the pathway- just like everybody else.

Fine sentiments Reggie and everything that Chatswood are NOT.

I have been vocal about them because of the lack of respect and courtesy and the contempt they show for all those involved in the game.

And yes it's now personal because of the way they behaved on Sunday.

To give you an example the Dural manager asked for the name of the kid who scored a try and the response was what does it fucking matter.

Fortunately for this hero the manager who happens to be the mother of my kids had the good sense to relate the story on the way home as she was well aware this grub would be eating dinner through a straw if I had of overheard the comment.

There is no defending this mob, to quote rugby addict 'no one would join with us' - funny that, it goes all the way to Gordons bottom dwelling grade sides

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@Reggie, do you also subscribe to @Rugby Addict's notion that the Chatswood players have earned a rep jumper?

Rugby Addict

Herbert Moran (7)
HJ - I think they earned a rep jumper because they were the best player in their position and they fullfilled all eligibility criteria.

No - they will not be trying to get U17 rep jumpers.

Let's agree to disagree.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Fortunately for this hero the manager who happens to be the mother of my kids had the good sense to relate the story on the way home as she was well aware this grub would be eating dinner through a straw if I had of overheard the comment.

This is more disturbing than a few forfeited rugby matches: unless you're just "big timing" yourself.
I am very surprised it has been allowed to remain - I have chosen not to report it so that you are painted in your true light: part of the problem not part of the solution.

Druid

Herbert Moran (7)
There was a mention about these kids playing so much Rugby and getting injured on the Saturday in schoolboy Rugby. Many people say that Rugby needs to expand it's base outside of the Private School system. In this 16A's competition what about the kids who do no have access to Rugby through their school years, does it simply not matter if they can't get a weekend game of Rugby in Sydney provided that kids make reps and can play school Rugby.

I'll give the case of Hills, in the 9 rounds since re-grading, Hills have only been able to participate in 5 matches (3 * Forfeits & 1 * Bye). All of the foreits have been Home games. So out of the 9 matches they have played at home once and this is the permiere non-schools "A" competition in Sydney. So since the 18th May these kids have only been able to source 5 Rugby games. People complaing about too much Rugby, these kids would love to play more Rugby but are unable to.

These kids may one day play for Australia, they are capable players playing in an "A" grade team which is doing quite well, but why would they bother continuing with Rugby at all? Whilst this occurs all attempts at broadening the base of Australian Rugby (in Sydney anyway) is completely wasted.

BTW.. Not involved in this team my oldest son plays U13's, just know some of the incredibly frustrated players and although do not always agree with some of the views, completely understand where the frustration comes from.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
<snip>

No - they will not be trying to get U17 rep jumpers. snip>

Why does the SJRU U16 rep jumper seem to have more value than a SJRU or NSW JRU U17 rep jumper?

At U16's it could be argued that the SJRU U16 jumper is a NSW II jumper, with many viewing the NSW Schools U16 jumper being the more prestigious U16 jumper.

Meanwhile there is no other "competition" from NSW Schools RU for at U17 level. The SJRU/NSW JRU rep jumper is the only representative jumpers going around (JGC jumpers excluded).

ARU seem to have signalled that U17 is an important age grouping with the JGC programme at U17, and withdrawal from the National U16 Championships. Have the ARU got it all wrong?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Sydney 16's might be considered NSW 2's.
But Sydney 17's is considered NSW 5ths at best.
Can't see it changing, given the dominance of School Rugby in the later years.
I doubt the Sydney 17's could beat many Of the more competitive School teams.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I agree with your sentiments @I Like To Watch.

It just seems funny that people are prepared to crawl across broken glass for a Juniors U16 rep jumper with the Juniors U17 jumper almost being treated with contempt.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Why does the SJRU U16 rep jumper seem to have more value than a SJRU or NSW JRU U17 rep jumper?

At U16's it could be argued that the SJRU U16 jumper is a NSW II jumper, with many viewing the NSW Schools U16 jumper being the more prestigious U16 jumper.

Meanwhile there is no other "competition" from NSW Schools RU for at U17 level. The SJRU/NSW JRU rep jumper is the only representative jumpers going around (JGC jumpers excluded).

ARU seem to have signalled that U17 is an important age grouping with the JGC programme at U17, and withdrawal from the National U16 Championships. Have the ARU got it all wrong?

If SJRU ever straightens itself out the ARU will be back in U16's

Slugga

Ted Fahey (11)
This is more disturbing than a few forfeited rugby matches: unless you're just "big timing" yourself.
I am very surprised it has been allowed to remain - I have chosen not to report it so that you are painted in your true light: part of the problem not part of the solution.

Shirley you must be joking.
There's only one group bringing their club and the game into disrepute here. If you want to defend the indefensible that's your business, I choose to bell this cat or Stag if you like.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Call me old fashioned HJ but when I see some hero abusing women writing a complaint doesn't quite cut it.

And breaking his jaw does?
You don't do any credit to your argument by taking that position.
What has the fact that she is a woman got to do with it? "Abuse" of a male in the same terms would be acceptable in your world, would it?

Slugga

Ted Fahey (11)
And breaking his jaw does?
You don't do any credit to your argument by taking that position.
What has the fact that she is a woman got to do with it? "Abuse" of a male in the same terms would be acceptable in your world, would it?

Like I said, I must be a little old fashioned. In my world the fact she is a woman has everything to do with it.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
12 SJRU Competition rounds have been completed to date.

According to Buddha, the playing record of a club with four (4) players in the SJRU U16's and four (4) players in the Presidents XV has been:
Played: Rounds 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8. (5 Games Played)
Forfeit: Rounds 5,6,7,9,11, and 12. (6 Games forfeited)
Bye: Round 10 (This counts as a game played, even though it is in the middle of 3 forfeited games).
Yet to Play: Round 13, and 14 (2 games).

The four lads from that club qualified to play in the SJRU vs NSW Country JRU game did so on the back of a Bye round.

What round will the Team in question play to ensure that their players are qualified to play in the NSW Invitational? Round 13 or Round 14?

What about this SJRU 2014 Competition Rule extract?

5.5. H) The Competition Manager may disqualify any Team that forfeits three (3) or more Matches in a season. If a Team forfeits three (3) or more Matches in a season, they will be required to furnish an explanation to the Competition Manager as to why they should remain in the Competition. In this instance the Team will be deemed to have withdrawn from the Competition and Competition Rule 3.13 will apply and / or the Team will become ineligible to participate in the Final Series.

6 Games forfeited (so far) seems to be in excess of rule 5.5.H).

Good to see that the rep players have complied with SJRU rules to be eligible to maintain their selection. It allows SJRU to avoid making a tough decision about compliance with individual eligibility rules. Having to find 8 replacement players for SJRU U16's and Presidents U16 may have been an interesting exercise.

It appears that The Competition Manager has been satisfied with the explanation that has been furnished as to why the team should remain in the competition, when that team has double the "acceptable" number of forfeits.

It must have been a very interesting explanation, when @Rugby Addict has stated that there is only 14 genuine players in the squad that are available for a 15 player game of regular footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.