• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Representative Rugby U/15 - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Where are you going to play? I assume you live in the East...I'm asking because I dont rate the easts juniors (a) for coaches and (b) 'cos they dont seem interested in rep rugby...

Coaches we havent been too bad off, last year we had Brendan McKibben and Ed Brenac coach us, this year we had Pauliasi Taumapiau and Tala Grey. Next year (due to my lack of skill and funding) I am going to become a ref and play with my school, we arent a well known rugby school, but at least I know the boys there and they are all my mates.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Coaches we havent been too bad off, last year we had Brendan McKibben and Ed Brenac coach us, this year we had Pauliasi Taumapiau and Tala Grey. Next year (due to my lack of skill and funding) I am going to become a ref and play with my school, we arent a well known rugby school, but at least I know the boys there and they are all my mates.

Lack of funding?

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Saw the NSW 15s play QLD the other day and Critchon was my man of the match. Heard he was picked in the NTS for under 17s can anyone confirm ?

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
NSW won 17-8, game was mainly won around the ruck and NSW loosies were dominate as were QLDs outside backs
best for QLD 12, 11, 14, 15 and for NSW 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 21

G

Grantly

NSW v QLD u15

NSW won 17-8, game was mainly won around the ruck and NSW loosies were dominate as were QLDs outside backs
best for QLD 12, 11, 14, 15 and for NSW 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 21

I saw the game a bit differently, I thought QLD held their own in the forwards at the breakdown, and were stronger over the ball. Set plays pretty even. NSW loosies managed to get away with a fair bit at the breakdown etc, that another ref may have pinged- starting from the kick-off with a crash tackle of the QLD 6 in mid-air- should have been yellow carded, but it would take a brave ref to do that 3 seconds into the game.
NSW cut through the QLD inside backs a few times with tries resulting.
The biggest difference was the bench with QLD lacking forward depth, very noticeable late in the game when QLD, with forward reserves on, couldn't capitalise on numerous phases in the NSW red zone.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
This was the Final

Under 15's NSW team that played QLD winning 17-8

Nick Burkett - Chatswood
Sam Cater - Mosman
Marcus Cutler Manly
Ben Crerar - Manly Roos
Angus Crichton - Mosman
Marcus Cutler - Harbord
Harry Emery - Mosman
Milad Ferris - Hillview
Bill Freeman - Mosman
Tierney Glasson - Hillview
Angus Gutteridge - Sylvania
Jordan Lotoaniu - Blacktown
James Lough - Chatswood
Conor Menzies - Mosman
Evan Pritchard - Mosman
James (Jum) Woodhill - Chatswood
Nick Clancy - Young
Jono Burke-Waratahs
Kyle O'Hara- Armidale
Callum Styles-Central West
Sione Afu- Warnervale
Johnnie Walker- Singleton
Joey Fittock-Alstonville
Jakob Sedgman-Ourimbah

Noticed that none of the NSW Country players were mentioned. An honour for everyone of the 15 year olds selected in this team

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
RM
Not quite correct Angus G and Evan P did not get to NSW and there could be a few others. Don't get the gist of what you were saying about the country boys not being mentioned

Budgie

Chris McKivat (8)
Be interesting exercise to compare the 2011 U 15 list with the eventual NSW U16 sides when announced.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The difference will be that the team was picked on Rep footy alone and not school. A lot of boys who did not make it last year was purely because they did not play club rugby.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
RM
Not quite correct Angus G and Evan P did not get to NSW and there could be a few others. Don't get the gist of what you were saying about the country boys not being mentioned

My mistake on Angus G but Evan P did make it he played Prop. I didnt notice anywhere on this thread that the actual team was mentioned. The team mentioned resemble the City team..

Status
Not open for further replies.