• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U/16 Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rugbyj

This happened last year when selecting the NSWJRU Under 15's 16 city to 7 country, and any kids pulled in were from city.
Don't think its a disgrace to other organisations, only to the selecting personal.

IMO Country were lucky to get 7 players in the side after they lost to an mnz side by more than 15 points, country played well against city as they did in the 16s last year however selectors can not pick players off one performance alone, after country did not have team make the semis in the state champs (part of the selection process) and lost to mnz and only just beat mwz at regionals (part of the selection process) i would say they were lucky to get 7 players in even though they did play well in the city country game it was city's first game together and are liable to make mistakes as a team not always personal mistakes,

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Teams from NSW teams will be NSW Schools, Sydney Juniors & Country Juniors. For some reason, I was under the belief that is was NSW Schools, NSW Juniors & NSW Country.

NSW 1, 2, 3 would make more sense.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
IMO Country were lucky to get 7 players in the side after they lost to an mnz side by more than 15 points, country played well against city as they did in the 16s last year however selectors can not pick players off one performance alone, after country did not have team make the semis in the state champs (part of the selection process) and lost to mnz and only just beat mwz at regionals (part of the selection process) i would say they were lucky to get 7 players in even though they did play well in the city country game it was city's first game together and are liable to make mistakes as a team not always personal mistakes,
Correct me if i am wrong but the NSW Country team DID NOT play at State Championships, as this is the selection for the Sydney sides and the Country Team is selected from the Country Championships.
At the regionals they beat MWZ and SWZ and as again this is not a selection process for Country Team but for the selection of the City side. The 16's drew with the City side and still managed to only get 7 players through - How does that work?
The state championships are Sydney teams with Country teams invited to participate and ACT or VIC as well. At no point are the "Outsiders" viewed for selection as this is the pathway for the MNZ MWZ SWZ and this year Barbarians. I am sure this is correct.

R

rugbyj

Correct me if i am wrong but the NSW Country team DID NOT play at State Championships, as this is the selection for the Sydney sides and the Country Team is selected from the Country Championships.
At the regionals they beat MWZ and SWZ and as again this is not a selection process for Country Team but for the selection of the City side. The 16's drew with the City side and still managed to only get 7 players through - How does that work?
The state championships are Sydney teams with Country teams invited to participate and ACT or VIC as well. At no point are the "Outsiders" viewed for selection as this is the pathway for the MNZ MWZ SWZ and this year Barbarians. I am sure this is correct.
I think you miss understood or maybe i was not clear enough. There was not a county side (e.g. Hunter, central coast ect.) that made the State champs semis. This is part of the selection process for N.S.W, the selectors were there picking the N.S.W side

Then they were there again at regionals reselecting the side they had picked from the state champs or fine tuning it, where county played and granted did beat MWZ but only just and lost to MNZ then lost to city even if it was a close game points wise they did not look like winning it after about the first 10 mins of the game.

After these results i think 7 from country was quite lucky for them, if you thought that it should have been picked straight of the city country thats a diffrent discussion to be had.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
I think you miss understood or maybe i was not clear enough. There was not a county side (e.g. Hunter, central coast ect.) that made the State champs semis. This is part of the selection process for N.S.W, the selectors were there picking the N.S.W side

Then they were there again at regionals reselecting the side they had picked from the state champs or fine tuning it, where county played and granted did beat MWZ but only just and lost to MNZ then lost to city even if it was a close game points wise they did not look like winning it after about the first 10 mins of the game.

After these results i think 7 from country was quite lucky for them, if you thought that it should have been picked straight of the city country thats a diffrent discussion to be had.
Clearly the country associated sides at state champions are zone teams NOT the NSW Country side. That is like say that Gordan Southern districts and Parramatta are the same kids picked in the city side. It is my clear understanding that the Regionals are for selecting the City side or are kids from ACT WA also under the microscope at these game. This year country have chosen not to attend the regionals as it is of no benefit to them or a pathway for these kids to progress - hence not a selection trial for NSW Country. The city country game was the game in which they selected a NSWJRU team last year. And this year they have not selecting a NSW team from this event for the under 16's as they will have a NSW Country City and Schools team. IMO this clarifies my understanding of the events and there purpose. They couldnt pick a "TRUE" NSW team as it wuld still be the city team.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Regionals are for selecting SJRU teams. Over the years many different non regional teams have also participated. If it was only 3 metro zones players would only get 2 opportunities to impress for final selection. By throwing the baa baas into the mix the player base grows by 33% & the number of games also increase. Throw in some more teams and the playing opportunities (read chances to impress) grows again. At least that's the theory anyway.

R

rugbyj

Clearly the country associated sides at state champions are zone teams NOT the NSW Country side. That is like say that Gordan Southern districts and Parramatta are the same kids picked in the city side. It is my clear understanding that the Regionals are for selecting the City side or are kids from ACT WA also under the microscope at these game. This year country have chosen not to attend the regionals as it is of no benefit to them or a pathway for these kids to progress - hence not a selection trial for NSW Country. The city country game was the game in which they selected a NSWJRU team last year. And this year they have not selecting a NSW team from this event for the under 16's as they will have a NSW Country City and Schools team. IMO this clarifies my understanding of the events and there purpose. They couldnt pick a "TRUE" NSW team as it wuld still be the city team.
Well i was out watching the 15s and 16s games today as always and i know for a fact that the N.S.W coaches 15s attended and so did the selectors, they also attended the country carnival and state champs constantly updating their team where ever players are on display (yes including club games if they happen to be there). the N.S.W staff have a hand in picking both sydney and county, at the same time they pick there own side. So had the country side been there this year they would be on selection as the side was last year.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Well i was out watching the 15s and 16s games today as always and i know for a fact that the N.S.W coaches 15s attended and so did the selectors, they also attended the country carnival and state champs constantly updating their team where ever players are on display (yes including club games if they happen to be there). the N.S.W staff have a hand in picking both sydney and county, at the same time they pick there own side. So had the country side been there this year they would be on selection as the side was last year.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Well I know for a fact NSW have never and will never be involved in selecting country players for the NSW Country team. The ARU have often attended and advised on country selections not NSW adding valuable input on talented players `the lucky ones ` you refer to.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Been told by a reliable source that the NSW schools team has agreed not to pick any country boys, meaning the Country team will be unaffected by the trading and that the team should be a strong one.

pigprop

Peter Burge (5)
Some of my projections for starting team- Sorry for wrong names
1. Tierney Glasson
2.Hosea Fotukava
3.?
4. Rudolf?
5. Jum Woodhill
6.James Lough
7. Nick Burkett
8. David Ballaytne
9. Harry Emery
10. Jack Clancy
11. Laterall Robinson
14. Thomas Molloy
15. James Kane
16. ?
17. Lotoaniu
18. Crichton
19. Bevan French

S

Sydneybra

Some of my projections for starting team- Sorry for wrong names
1. Tierney Glasson
2.Hosea Fotukava
3.?
4. Rudolf?
5. Jum Woodhill
6.James Lough
7. Nick Burkett
8. David Ballaytne
9. Harry Emery
10. Jack Clancy
11. Laterall Robinson
14. Thomas Molloy
15. James Kane
16. ?
17. Lotoaniu
18. Crichton
19. Bevan French

Good but Crichton as reserve ... ??

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Dont know much about boys outside of GPS, CAS or ISA but thinking all of these guys will feature in a NSW side. * means they are eligable for both.

1. Teirney Glasson*
2. Jono Burke
3 Hosea Fotokuva*
4. Angus Critchon*
5. Jum Woodhill*
6. Nic Burkett*
7. Menzies/Canturi/Lough***
8. Johnnie Walker/David Ballantyne*
9. Harry Emery*
10. Clancy/Smerdon**
11. Latrell Robinson/Tim McCutcheon
12. Tom Molloy*
13. Bill Freeman*
14. Rory Vevres*
15. James Kane*

S

Sydneybra

I didn't see much of him in the champs
He didnt play in state championships but he is probably the best players in the u16s in sydney, he plays 1st XV for Scots and made the GPS 3rd XV, big achievement for a 16 year old

pigprop

Peter Burge (5)
Dont know much about boys outside of GPS, CAS or ISA but thinking all of these guys will feature in a NSW side. * means they are eligable for both.

1. Teirney Glasson*
2. Jono Burke
3 Hosea Fotokuva*
4. Angus Critchon*
5. Jum Woodhill*
6. Nic Burkett*
7. Lough***
8. Johnnie Walker/David Ballantyne*
9. Harry Emery*
10. Clancy
11. Latrell Robinson
12. Tom Molloy*
13. Bill Freeman*
14. Rory Vevers*
15. James Kane*
Both the CAS boys Burkett and Vevers got concussed within day 1, but their impact was tremendous
Crichton, now the name rings a bell
Did anyone think much of the CHS 10 Bevan French?

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Both the CAS boys Burkett and Vevers got concussed within day 1, but their impact was tremendous
Crichton, now the name rings a bell
Did anyone think much of the CHS 10 Bevan French?

I will go against the grain re: Bevan CHS10. Sorry, but plays like a very loose Kurtley Beale and that is loose.

Puts his side under enormous pressure with chip kicks and flick passes when they don't come off.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
1. Teirney Glasson
2. Jono Burke
3. Jordan Lotoaniu
4. Jum Woodhill
5.Johnnie Walker
6. Nic Burkett
7 .Conor Menzies
8. Angus Critchon
9. Harry Emery
10. Ben Crerar CHS
11. Sione Afu
12. Milad Ferris
13. Bill Freeman
14. Joey Fittock CHS
15. James Kane

The 10 from CHS was quick when he got the ball got round the defense but did not see him tackle ver the 2 days. Great attacking playing when receives the ball. A lot of potential for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.