• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U/16 Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Ok, I am putting forward three CCC players who I believe would not be out of place in the NSW Schools U16s squad. Now, history dictates none will make it; but if the selectors are fair dinkum all three should be there.

Keiron Bonin - 2nd row or loose forward
Topiese Taufa - centre
Scott Hogan - half / 5/8

Reckon the break up should be about:

GPS - 8
ISA - 4
CHS - 4
CAS - 4
CCC - 3

Sorry, could not identify any Country or AICES players.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Ok, I am putting forward three CCC players who I believe would not be out of place in the NSW Schools U16s squad. Now, history dictates none will make it; but if the selectors are fair dinkum all three should be there.

Topiese Taufa - centre
Scott Hogan - half / 5/8

Reckon the break up should be about:

GPS - 8
ISA - 4
CHS - 4
CAS - 4
CCC - 3

Sorry, could not identify any Country or AICES players.

The number 7 for Country is one to be watched if not this year in the next few - Kyle O Hara- just returned from and ACL injury. I am thinking that GPS will get 15 -17 in and the rest from the other schools. I do not predict any from CCC let alone the boys that don't play union on a regular basis. These boys are great athletes although their skills or lack of rugby skills were apparent last weekend. Keiron is in the NSWCJRU team and i cant see him moving. (A little hopeful thinking as he plays NSWCountry with my son and both are guaranteed of playing at Nationals) and he is up against the likes of Angus Crieghton/Johhnie Walker/Jum Woodhill. and a LH????

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
The number 7 for Country is one to be watched if not this year in the next few - Kyle O Hara- just returned from and ACL injury. I am thinking that GPS will get 15 -17 in and the rest from the other schools. I do not predict any from CCC let alone the boys that don't play union on a regular basis. These boys are great athletes although their skills or lack of rugby skills were apparent last weekend. Keiron is in the NSWCJRU team and i cant see him moving. (A little hopeful thinking as he plays NSWCountry with my son and both are guaranteed of playing at Nationals) and he is up against the likes of Angus Crieghton/Johhnie Walker/Jum Woodhill. and a LH????
PS I think the team will be announced shortly after the City team is announced next Sunday evening.

Bill McLean (32)

Topiese Taufa - centre
Scott Hogan - half / 5/8

I know I have nominated Taufa and Hogan in the NSWCCC thread and here I believe, but not Bonin!

I take he is not a bad player Whatever?

What about Ferris from CCC (he was a SJRU rep last year); what's your opinion of him?

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
In know I have nominated Taufa and Hogan in the NSWCCC thread and hear I believe, but not Bonin!

What about Ferris from CCC (he was a SJRU rep last year); what's your opinion of him?
He was injured last weekend, but a quick and talented centre that was played as wing in these trials. Hopefully he will be playing the regionals this weekend to make the city side.

Bill McLean (32)
The waiting is so wrong IMO! Closure as close to the trials is best, but that is the best our current U/16 (dysfunctional) system can deliver!

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)

Keiron is in the NSWCJRU team( an excellet player) and i cant see him moving and he is up against the likes of Angus Crieghton/Johhnie Walker/Jum Woodhill. and a LH????

Bill McLean (32)
He was injured last weekend, but a quick and talented centre that was played as wing in these trials. Hopefully he will be playing the regionals this weekend to make the city side.

Poor lad! But your right mum he should make the SJRU side and then hopefully the NSWJRU side for nationals

I am assuming that there are only going to be two teams from NSW attending nationals this this year; NSWSRU and NSWJRU. Am I correct? Or is it still going to be SJRU CJRU and NSWSRU?

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
The waiting is so wrong IMO! Closure as close to the trials is best, but that is the best our current U/16 (dysfunctional) system can deliver!
Should of announced at the end then the kids selected know which pathway they are going. I think at this age they just want a go at playing Nationals in October whether it be Schools, City, Country.
The Country boys are there already so no waiting for them.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Poor lad! But your right mum he should make the SJRU side and then hopefully the NSWJRU side for nationals

I am assuming that there are only going to be two teams from NSW attending nationals this this year; NSWSRU and NSWJRU. Am I correct? Or is it still going to be SJRU CJRU and NSWSRU?

No it will still be NSWSJRU, NSWCJRU and NSWSRU. All three groups do not want to surrender the power of selecting who they think should be in the teams- so for this year as per normal. Mind you a fairer way would be have these three teams play a tournament similar to the regionals but between themselves prior to next years Nationals and have the ARU select the NSW1 and NSW11 teams. Taking the best 46 players in this age group. They seemed to be blessed with abundant talet in this age.

Bill McLean (32)
No it will still be NSWSJRU, NSWCJRU and NSWSRU. All three groups do not want to surrender the power of selecting who they think should be in the teams ... ... ...

Got to love the ole power trips! :) :) :)

What happening here mum? Are they still bloody competing for 'Sheep Stations'! :)

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Got to love the ole power trips! :) :) :)

What happening here mum? Are they still bloody competing for 'Sheep Stations'! :)
I dont think the Country folk are as they have the sheep stations....lol It seems that the Country groups are considered a level below Sydney and Schools - with the power trippers anyway. Just makes the boys play harder. One name i would like to see in the Schools side is young Joey Fittock Number 14 for CHS. Very talented young man. NSWJRY last year and that was his first year of rugby.....

Artbeet

Frank Nicholson (4)
There seem sto be far to much emphasis paid to this U16 process. Many of these players will not go on to play grade let alone represent. Small fish in a very big pond and distorted by political selections.
They should focus on playing good grade footy, getting experience and going from there. This is the trouble with Australian rugby, too much emphasis on academies and junior teams, rather than on hard yards at a grade level

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Should of announced at the end then the kids selected know which pathway they are going. I think at this age they just want a go at playing Nationals in October whether it be Schools, City, Country.
The Country boys are there already so no waiting for them.

I believe the teams at the nationals are Schools, NSWJRU (not limited to just Sydney) and NSW Country, as in previous years. I know there is a push for NSW1, 2, 3 by the ARU, as in Qld 1 & 2.

I did not really pick up on Milad, maybe the injury.

If they want a McCabe type centre - Taufa is the go.

If they want a half who will dictate to the team the structure required around the field with speed to burn - Hogan is the go.

Keiron was as good as forwards mentioned (but as he is already in NSW Country, that's a bonus)

Great the hear your young bloke is already in the Country side Mum.

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)

That is the expected number (15-17) and as in previously years , it would be a bloody disgrace to all other associations competing.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
I believe the teams at the nationals are Schools, NSWJRU (not limited to just Sydney) and NSW Country, as in previous years. I know there is a push for NSW1, 2, 3 by the ARU, as in Qld 1 & 2.

I did not really pick up on Milad, maybe the injury.

If they want a McCabe type centre - Taufa is the go.

If they want a half who will dictate to the team the structure required around the field with speed to burn - Hogan is the go.

Keiron was so good as forwards mentioned (but as he is already in NSW Country, that's a bonus)

Great the hear your young bloke is already in the Country side Mum.

Thanks Whatever -
His goal now is to make it next year too and then he would have served all his possible Junior years in NSWCountry side, he was too in the NSWJRU Under 15's last year having earnt his rugby stripes so to speak. But as mentioned earlier, this age group has abundant talent, and as we have told him school boys is certainly not the end of the road, but more the beginning of a rugby path for those talented, committed and with the staying power.
Look at Chris Alcock- been around for may years before he got to play what he has worked so hard for. And as advised last year by NSW Waratah players, some players peak between 23-27. Doing what you love making life long mates and having a shot at improving your game is what we want him to believe it is about at this age.
PS The number 9 from NSWCCC is in his second year of NSW Country and gels the team together while on the field, as well as gets the ball out quickly and effectly each time.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
That is the expected number (15-17) and as in previously years , it would be a bloody disgrace to all other associations competing.
This happened last year when selecting the NSWJRU Under 15's 16 city to 7 country, and any kids pulled in were from city.
Don't think its a disgrace to other organisations, only to the selecting personal.

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
This happened last year when selecting the NSWJRU Under 15's 16 city to 7 country, and any kids pulled in were from city.
Don't think its a disgrace to other organisations, only to the selecting personal.

That is what i meant, poorly written; sorry. The disgrace is how the other associations are treated in the selection process, still I could be proven wrong this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.