• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U/16 Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Fresh from Knox
1 GPS1 14 v GPS2 5
2 ISA 36 AICES 7
3 CAS 31 CCC 15
4 CHS 22 Country 0
5 GPS1 14 ISA 5
6 GPS2 36 AICES 0 (not sure if final score - had to go for Test)
7 CHS 29 CAS 22 (thought CAS would win, good effort to CHS)
8 CCC 33 Country 22

Cup Final AICES v Country
Bowl Final GPS2 v CCC
Plate Final ISA v CAS
Shield Final GPS1 v CHS

EDIT : Bold predictions updated with results from Rugby Mum.

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Disappointed with CCC today, especially the 2nd half against Country. When you lead 26-5 at half-time, then allow your opposition to score 17 unanswered points only to score right on full-time to seal the game. I did notice that the half-back, I mentioned last week go off at half-time not to return - he seemed to give his forwards and backs more structure which totally disappeared in the 2nd half.

Against CAS, again lapses led to errors resulting in the lost.

These ones below were especially pertinent:
  • charged down coversion from right in front of the posts
  • lost of crucial lineouts
  • one hand flick back from a CCC player who was about 1 metre from scoring instead of going to ground with try likely in the next phase - this led to a CAS breakout
Anyway, good luck to the lads in the match against GPS2 tomorrow, they are in with a real chance if they can play controlled rugby with minimal errors. The talent is there.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Disappointed with CCC today, especially the 2nd half against Country. When you lead 26-5 at half-time, then allow your opposition to score 17 unanswered points only to score right on full-time to seal the game. I did notice that the half-back, I mentioned last week go off at half-time not to return - he seemed to give his forwards and backs more structure which totally disappeared in the 2nd half.

Against CAS, again lapses led to errors resulting in the lost.

These ones below were especially pertinent:
  • charged down coversion from right in front of the posts
  • lost of crucial lineouts
  • one hand flick back from a CCC player who was about 1 metre from scoring instead of going to ground with try likely in the next phase - this led to a CAS breakout
Anyway, good luck to the lads in the match against GPS2 tomorrow, they are in with a real chance if they can play controlled rugby with minimal errors. The talent is there.

Agreed.
The half back you mentioned had to go to play League for his club. Quite a couple of the boys lacked Rugby technical skills and this became evident, as all the country team actually play union on a regular basis. I was disappointed and frustrated with the performance of this game. When the boys played a game thinking they were playing league - starting play from 10 metres behind the advantage line each time, with no structure they were lucky to come out with a win.
I believe you can take the boy out of rugby league but you cant take rugby league out of the boy... This was very obvious in this game

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Agreed.
The half back you mentioned had to go to play League for his club. Quite a couple of the boys lacked Rugby technical skills and this became evident, as all the country team actually play union on a regular basis. I was disappointed and frustrated with the performance of this game. When the boys played a game thinking they were playing league - starting play from 10 metres behind the advantage line each time, with no structure they were lucky to come out with a win.
I believe you can take the boy out of rugby league but you cant take rugby league out of the boy. This was very obvious in this game

He might be a leaguie but he has rugby written all over him, extremely talkative (probably the most talkative half. 5/8 all day) - tells his forwards what he wants and the backs when they are to get the ball. Couldn't believe that bombed try (the one hand flick back) against CAS, it changed the whole momentum of the game; if they scored there, they probably win the game.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Was only there for the GPS game but id expect it was the closest a team will get too GPS 1s all weekend, didnt see the ISA game but. GPS should beat CHS fairly easily, 3rd could go either way but id except CAS to just get there and GPS 2s in 5th. Anyone who was there all day want to through a team list up for NSW ?

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Was only there for the GPS game but id expect it was the closest a team will get too GPS 1s all weekend, didnt see the ISA game but. GPS should beat CHS fairly easily, 3rd could go either way but id except CAS to just get there and GPS 2s in 5th. Anyone who was there all day want to through a team list up for NSW ?

Wouldn't say GPS is over the line, ISA led for a long way and didn't have the best of luck or bounce of the ball go their way - could have went the other way, ISA were close.

an observer

Herbert Moran (7)
No Country boys!!!
Johnnie Walker came from NSW Country 2010-2011 ARU/JGS Under 15's NSW Waratah Team Number 8
There are 2 more NSW Country boys not mentioned anywhere here that were both in the Under 16's NSW Junior Waratah's Team last Year:
Callum Styles Fly Half Country NSW for the past 3 years ,Under 16's NSWCCC.
Jakob Sedgman ARU/JGS, NSW Under 15's 2011, NSW Country for past three Years, NSW Country 2012, NSWCCC Under 16's 2012 very mobile fit Prop-loosehead and tight head and Number 8.
PS Look out for Sione Afu, winger NSW Warath Team Under 15’s also a lad from NSW Country, Joey Fittock NSW Junior Waratah Under 15 Team NSW Country 2011-2012, ARU/JGS, CHS Under 16;s 2012. Just to throw a few more in the ring

Great example of someone making a comment who has done their homework. Thanks Rugby Mum. Others should ask you for lessons.

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Anyone who was there all day want to through a team list up for NSW ?

Ok, on past form by the selectors about a dozen GPS players, a few CAS, CHS & ISA and maybe a token CCC or country player; then put them to the sword against Queensland.

Yeah, Gladiator still a great movie.:)

Bill McLean (32)
Agreed.
The half back you mentioned had to go to play League for his club ... ... ... ... ... ...

Mum,

Was this Scotty Hogan, the Parra HMC half-back this year? He played for CCC last year too however the coaches would take him off at half time last year and all would go to sh*t!

An absolute gun!

therugbyman

Stan Wickham (3)
How did Latrell Robinson go? What position was he playing?

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
How did Latrell Robinson go? What position was he playing?

Trell was playing on the wing for GPS 1s. Made a few good breaks and his fend is still very strong, almost scored after chasing down a 60m kick by flanker Jum Woodhill but only got half a game. Latrell and McCutcheon are defiantly Joeys best attacking players and i think they both deserve a spot in the NSW team somewhere (although i am a little bias). Can't make it there today but anyone who does have a look at them both, McCutcheon is playing out of position as 12 for GPS 2s but if he gets the ball in space watch him.

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Mum,

Was this Scotty Hogan, the Parra HMC half-back this year? He played for CCC last year too however the coaches would take him off at half time last year and all would go to sh*t!

An absolute gun!

Yeah, No:21 was listed in the program as Scott Hogan; still only got half a game against CAS then obviously had ok from coach to leave at half-time against Country.

Not heading out for the finals, today. Can someone please post the scores and a summary of the games - thanks.

pigprop

Peter Burge (5)
Isa 28- 14 CAS 3v4
Pres 1's 19- 5 CHS 1v2
First 25 minutes of final no points were scored
Good game from CHS 10, 17 and Presos 2,6,9,10,15

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
GPS 2s drew 17 all with CCC.
Don't know the final score but last i heard ISA 21-14 over CAS.
GPS 1s 24-5 over CHS. Was told that James Kane and Latrell Robinson starred.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
What a great result for CCC; well done boys. Anyone got a
synopsis of the game.

Apparently it was a pretty frustrating game, nothing got called at the breakdown and it turned pretty sloppy. CCC must have a pretty good 7 because GPS 7 Canturi would have been in heaven with that.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Apparently it was a pretty frustrating game, nothing got called at the breakdown and it turned pretty sloppy. CCC must have a pretty good 7 because GPS 7 Canturi would have been in heaven with that.

Frustrating game for the GPS supporters, and anyone who had the misfortune to sit near Mrs "C'mon CC". Don't ask, but anyone within 500 metres of Knox 1 will know what I am referring to.

CCC took it to the GPS team and set the pace for most of the game. GPS very lucky to come away with a draw. Played some dumb rugby under pressure. CCC deserved a victory.

pigprop

Peter Burge (5)
Frustrating game for the GPS supporters, and anyone who had the misfortune to sit near Mrs "C'mon CC". Don't ask, but anyone within 500 metres of Knox 1 will know what I am referring to.
I had the honour of sitting a few across and a few behind from her
Couldn't find her mute button, but It was quite funny to see some lads replying with come on white every time she said come on blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.