• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ageing Parent

Interesting observation, MOTH, when the referee awardeda penalty to Parramatta with less than 60 seconds on the clock, to allow them to take the lead for the first time in the match. And Gordon only had 14 players for the last 9 minutes with one in the Bin. Perhaps Gordon's defense was just a little better today ?
Who would want to be a referee.........and he wasn't even from Sydney North Referees.......
All in all when of the best matches of rugby I have witnessed in many years.

Rugby Tragic

Chris McKivat (8)
Well played Gordon, and yes Kellaway had a blinder, congratulations to him.I hope the ref's decision to keep play going after the official table sounded time will not find him refereeing an under 6 game in Bourke next week.

Congratulations Gordon on a well played game

T

TigersFan5

Yep Kellaway showed up no denying and Parra just didn't do enough in the first half - but man, you have to feel for the Parra boys - referee ignored central timer to play extra time; during which Kellway slotted the final /winning penalty.

Would have been interesting to hear what Dick Byres & other referee heavyweights had to say about that. Shame is a good game will be remembered for all the wrong reasons & an otherwise handy performance from the referee will be recalled for one very brave decision.
I agree, but i think the refferee was very fair, penalty account was quite fair, i think they were even. The final penalty was taken with 30 seconds left, the gordon boys were ready with 20 seconds left as that means the setup is ready the ref wasnt allowed to call the game off.

T

TigersFan5

Well played Gordon, and yes Kellaway had a blinder, congratulations to him.I hope the ref's decision to keep play going after the official table sounded time will not find him refereeing an under 6 game in Bourke next week.

Congratulations Gordon on a well played game
Personally, as a credited refferee, the refs call was fine, there was 20 seconds left when gordon got to half, as they were set up the ref wasnt allowed to stop the game until the end of the next play.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
I agree, but ...

1 - I never inferred that the referee was anything other than fair - your inference otherwise is offensive

2 - on central timing - time was called – that realistically should have been that. With no ball – players can be as ready as they like – the requirement is to have the ball in play – the only exceptions being penalties / free kicks awarded or when a scrum or lineout has been awarded but not commenced! I was next to the timer in the first half when they started the clock at the appointed time (as instructed by what I assume was the competition manger) even though both teams were still scratching themselves and the referee had not signalled time on - the referee accepted this directive and the half started and finished on central time, so the question that will need to be answered is why.

T

TigersFan5

1 - I never inferred that the referee was anything other than fair - your inference otherwise is offensive

2 - on central timing - time was called – that realistically should have been that. With no ball – players can be as ready as they like – the requirement is to have the ball in play – the only exceptions being penalties / free kicks awarded or when a scrum or lineout has been awarded but not commenced! I was next to the timer in the first half when they started the clock at the appointed time (as instructed by what I assume was the competition manger) even though both teams were still scratching themselves and the referee had not signalled time on - the referee accepted this directive and the half started and finished on central time, so the question that will need to be answered is why.

I see this, i understand, sorry.
But the one thing we are all forgetting is that, the person who controls the time (the ref) calls the game when he sees the last play.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Interesting observation, MOTH, when the referee awardeda penalty to Parramatta with less than 60 seconds on the clock, to allow them to take the lead for the first time in the match. And Gordon only had 14 players for the last 9 minutes with one in the Bin. Perhaps Gordon's defense was just a little better today ?
Who would want to be a referee.........and he wasn't even from Sydney North Referees.......
All in all when of the best matches of rugby I have witnessed in many years.

Yep - a few fine games of Rugby witnessed at Milner today - this was one of them.

Nup - the referee was nominated into the championship panel by Sydney North, and was then selected by an independant panel after assessing his performances in the pool games - I guess he still referees for Syd North on Sundays along with Sydney on Saturdays.

??? - can't be certain of the timing for yellow cards for the championships - recall being told it was 5 minutes only (as opposed to standard 10) for other ages - not certain for u16s or 17s.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
I see this, i understand, sorry.
But the one thing we are all forgetting is that, the person who controls the time (the ref) calls the game when he sees the last play.

Thanks for that - and yes while laws of rugby define sole responsibility for time and fact, in tournament play such as this, variations are made. Like I say he accepted central authority in the 1st half - the clock was started maybe 60+ seconds before kickoff, and he accepted this. By his decision he has made a rod for his back - still not certain myself whether I think it was right or wrong - like I said at the start - shame that the game will be remembered for this decision, not the intensity of the battle.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Congrats to Gordon and also to you Dingdong for your astute judgement.

OK... based on what was seen over the weekend can someone name a Sydney U16 team 1-23

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)

CC I think that you've made an error when "replying with quote" as the second para was not part of my original post.

D

Dingdong

Hey Dingaling, seriously. Did you happen to catch the Eastwood centre run around Kellaway at the start of that early game on Saturday. Maybe thats the weak link. Andrew has always dominated against Div 2 sides.

And do all Parra supporters a favour. Lose the Parra badge!

Are you calling Parra a Div 2 side ?????? I reckon they're better than that.

D

Dingdong

Ok Dingdong, now it's time for you to stop being selfish and pass some of that stuff your smokin' to the rest of us in the room; why should you have all the fun!!

Newbie, I'm not the selfish type. If you would like a copy of today's game, I'd be happy to buy it for you. You wont need a clear mind to see where Parra's weakness are. Refer to previous blogs.

D

Dingdong

Dingdong, wrongs drugs....all Gordon will be seeing is dark blue and light blue running over the top of them today. Parra to win by 10.

Beaver, just concentrate on your game son. You have some talent mate, but your still lightyears away from thev front runner.

T

TigersFan5

Thanks for that - and yes while laws of rugby define sole responsibility for time and fact, in tournament play such as this, variations are made. Like I say he accepted central authority in the 1st half - the clock was started maybe 60+ seconds before kickoff, and he accepted this. By his decision he has made a rod for his back - still not certain myself whether I think it was right or wrong - like I said at the start - shame that the game will be remembered for this decision, not the intensity of the battle.
Here Here MOTH, i think the game was played in great spirits and the parra boys were very gracious in defeat. Was a great game of rugby to watch, but as you said, will be remembered for all the wrong reasons

R

rockon

NSW U16 predictions

1- J.Satiu
2- P. Maa
3- J.Matairavula
4- C.Orr
5- H.Williams
6- J.Mccalman/B. Amosa
7- D.Morris
8- M.Afele
9- B.Whicker
10- J.Clarke/C.Angeloni
11- J.Roberts
12- T.Moera
13- R.Woolfgram
14- M.Docker/O.Pople
15- H.Jones/ A.Kellaway

reserves: F.Tatola, M.Matson, J.Ah-Cheung, I.Takai, G.Taufu, M.Cook.

Malcsy

Sydney Middleton (9)
Well done Gordon on a good win... Yes there is a debate about the time added on... However, I would like to know what was wrong with Brent Whicker's try just before the Jamo Clark penalty ???

Anyway, for those of you who want to know sides... all up on the SJRU website...

Here are the North and West Zone sides...

Northern Zone

Reuben Brien-Arnold - Northern Suburbs
Lachlan Cannell - Gordon
Tom Dempsey - Gordon
Michael Docker - Gordon
George Donnelly - Northern Suburbs
Sam Duke - Manly
Dylan Goodearl - Northern Suburbs
Adam Hanigan - Warringah
Harry Jones - Warringah
Nathan Kelly - Gordon
Jack King - Gordon
Tomas Meaney - Gordon
Sam Mete - Northern Suburbs
David Morris - Northern Suburbs
John Pulu - Northern Suburbs
Jack Redden - Gordon
Reiji Sano - Northern Suburbs
Mitchell Short - Gordon
Jack Slack-Smith - Warringah
Devan Stoltz - Gordon
Harrison Williams - Northern Suburbs
Jordan Winterburn - Northern Suburbs
Rob Wolfgramm - Northern Suburbs

Western Zone

Malaki Afele - Parramatta
Joshua Anderson - Eastwood
Cale Angeloni - Parramatta
Robert Black - Eastwood
Jamieson Clark - Parramatta
Geoffrey Coffill - West Harbour
Matthew Collins - Eastwood
Benjamin Cotton - Eastwood
James Greentree - Eastwood
Jarod Matairavula Parramatta
Matthew Matson - Parramatta
Jack McCalman - Eastwood
Tepai Moeroa - Parramatta
Alexander Pappalardo Eastwood
Nicholas Reid - Eastwood
Jake Roberts - Parramatta
Junior Satiu - Parramatta
Peter Semaan - West Harbour
Alofosio Tatola - West Harbour
Jackson Unmack - Eastwood
Lucas Vianellos - Eastwood
Brent Whicker - Parramatta
Trent Winterstein - Parramatta

Malcsy

Sydney Middleton (9)
1- J.Satiu
2- P. Maa
3- J.Matairavula
4- C.Orr
5- H.Williams
6- J.Mccalman/B. Amosa
7- D.Morris
8- M.Afele
9- B.Whicker
10- J.Clarke/C.Angeloni
11- J.Roberts
12- T.Moera
13- R.Woolfgram
14- M.Docker/O.Pople
15- H.Jones/ A.Kellaway

Very good choices rockon.... I would add some /s for your consideration...

1.J Winterburn
2. G Donnelly
4. L Cannell
6. G Taufa
9. M Short
10. D Stoltz
12. J Redden

I

International Badboy

1- J.Satiu
2- P. Maa
3- J.Matairavula
4- C.Orr
5- H.Williams
6- J.Mccalman/B. Amosa
7- D.Morris
8- M.Afele
9- B.Whicker
10- J.Clarke/C.Angeloni
11- J.Roberts
12- T.Moera
13- R.Woolfgram
14- M.Docker/O.Pople
15- H.Jones/ A.Kellaway

Cant see mcalman in the backrow with Penisi last years captain gauranteed a spot

B

beaver

Malcsy, good point about the try I am sure that most of TG Milner are wondering what was wrong with that try, if awarded Parra would have be the winners mmmm. What a great game of rugby !! Well done to both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.