• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ domestic competitions 2018

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Did he? Huh. I have absolutely no recollection of him playing at all, just being injured. Still, to miss basically all of Super Rugby and all the NPC means it must be an ACL or something.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Did he? Huh. I have absolutely no recollection of him playing at all, just being injured. Still, to miss basically all of Super Rugby and all the NPC means it must be an ACL or something.

Yeah was a knee injury so i'm guessing ACL.

Speaking of locks sounds like Tuipulotu could be back this week. Whetton and Lemalu have gone well in his absence.

dbcooper

Frank Nicholson (4)

He did his ACL and LCL in the same knee.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez and you wonder why WOB and I are still Nua men? And you think this is a CEO who has got rugby in his veins? https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...-on-the-boots-for-heartland-fixture-at-age-47.
One of the funny things was with Corey, when he was playing for the Nua back in the day (early 90s) and the Nua were going on tour he was told by his boss , no you can't have time off work, you'll never make a living out of rugby you know, so he left said job! Corey was laughing to me about it one day,and said after he had played in France, England etc he was back in Levin, walked into say hi to his old boss, who shook his hand said "Ok you proved me wrong" before he could even say hello! Even if he a Old Boys man (cough spit spit) I truly think Corey is probably the most rugby man I personally know! Actually reading the article he would be one of the few CEOs in rugby who goes on sport and has some boots so he can run the water!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wiki says he was born in Thames but it also says he's Declan O'Donell's brother which makes him Midge & Paul's nephew so I'm hereby claiming Waikato halfback Kylem O'Donell as a 'nua boy.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez, now that game show why it a little difficult to coach this comp, you have to pick how many to rest in week you play 2 games, and Chris Gibbes might have either picked wrong game or rested too many!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ now he's got a Top-4-quality side in Harbour to worry about on Sunday* so could easily finish the week 2/5.

Waikato's Sunday assignment is 'naki away, hard to see them going home with the Shield but maybe the adrenaline from finally getting a win might get them over the line.......

*Sunday's a Double Header BTW also featuring the mighty 'nua v South Cant'y who have come down in the world considerably in recent years: there was a time you'd have given 'nua no chance, these days it's pretty much a 50/50 call.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez WOB, bloody good first half to Mako/Auckland game, but zer0 and DP are going to be a bit happier than you at the break!!
Have to say Akira is playing a bit better than normal, but Auks are in general just getting up and hitting them harder, and chasing evry f***ing thing like good teams should!!

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Was watching the end of the opening NFL match, so missed most of the first half. But it's a handy first half lead, and will watch the second half with interest.

Seeing G.Henry in the home sheds at Eden Park arouses me.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Blake Gibson leading some second half doomsday defence which forces some desperate Blues-esque play from Tasman -- a chip kick from their own in-goal -- and results in Ioane ending the game from said play.

That'll do pig. That'll do.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez Auckland played well, and you right zer0 Blake Gibson had a Sam Cane like game. Got to say I enjoyed that game an awful lot, I imagine there will be some bloody sore bodies around tomorrow morning!! And have to agree about Tuilupotu being MOTM, geez he had a huge first half!

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
That was the best Auckland performance in a number of seasons. The ticker in defence was outstanding and the brains in attack a wonderful sight - a high functioning backline hasnt been sense for yonks in Auckland rugby (an actual backline not a great bunch of athletes playing in the backs) - very good.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That was the best Auckland performance in a number of seasons. The ticker in defence was outstanding and the brains in attack a wonderful sight - a high functioning backline hasnt been sense for yonks in Auckland rugby (an actual backline not a great bunch of athletes playing in the backs) - very good.

Have to agree KiwiM, also agreed with commentators they look like a team that are having fun and enjoying being with each other, which is not something that usually springs to mind with Auckland. I know it something a rabbit on about, but teams that play with what looks like a joy for the game do it for me!