• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nz domestic rugby 2020

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
giphy.gif

"It's ok, my Auckland team lost but my mighty
All Blacks will balance the ledger tonight against
the hopeless 10th-ranked Argentinians....."

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Tasman deserved winners.

Auckland did well to nearly pinch it actually considering the cards and the lack of possession and territory.

Hickey is proper shit. Canes signing him is ridiculous.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The actual rugby on offer was a total fucken drudge. Casual fans must look at this and think theyve tuned into some poorly aligned league match

There was ZERO in the way of backline alignments. No way the ball wouldve gone through the hands from halfback to wing once in the match.

On attack, it was reduced to just 2 random backs loitering around midfield in case the batterers turned it over and everyone else ready to truck it up 3 millimetres directly into traffic. Over and over again. Actual number-on-jersey positions were largely irrelevant

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not sure if this is being shown in Aus (or North Pitcairn :)) but it should be a barn-burner:

Māori All Blacks: Kaleb Trask (Ngāpuhi), Shaun Stevenson (Ngāpuhi), Billy Proctor (Ngāi Te Rangi/Ngāpuhi), Quinn Tupaea (Waikato), Sean Wainui (Ngāi Tūhoe/Ngā Ariki Kaipūtahi/Ngāti Porou), Otere Black (Ngāi Tūhoe/Te Whānau a Apanui/Ngāti Tūwharetoa), Bryn Hall (Ngāti Ranginui); Liam Messam (Ngāi Tuhoe), Billy Harmon (Ngāi Tahu), Whetukamokamo Douglas (Ngāti Porou/Ngāti Whakaue), Manaaki Selby-Rickit (Ngāti Raukawa/Ngāti Tūwharetoa), Isaia Walker-Leawere (Ngāti Porou), Marcel Renata (Ngāti Whanaunga/Ngāi Takoto), Ash Dixon – Kāpene (Ngāti Tahinga), Josh Hohneck (Ngāti Tahinga). Reserves: Kurt Eklund (Ngāti Kahu), Pouri Rakete-Stones (Ngāpuhi), Tamaiti Williams (Ngāpuhi), Ethan Roots (Ngāti Kahungunu), Mitchell Karpik (Rongomaiwahine/Ngāti Kahungunu), Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi (Ngāti Pikiao), Rameka Poihipi (Ngāti Whakaue), Jonah Lowe (Ngāti Pikiao).

Moana Pasifika: Stephen Perofeta, Leicester Fainga’anuku, Fetuli Paea, Vince Aso, Salesi Rayasi, Josh Ioane, Folau Fakatava, Pita-Gus Sowakula, Alamanda Motuga, Marino Mikaele-Tu'u, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, Michael Ala'alatoa (C), Leni Apisai, Daniel Lienert-Brown. Reserves: Samisoni Taukie'aho, Jordan Lay, Sione Mafileo, Samipeni Finau, Nasi Manu, Dwayne Polataivao, Asaeli Tikoirotuma, Etene Nanai-Seturo.

FMG is literally 3km down the road from my place & I'm fully expecting to be able to hear it: we had father in law's 60th a few km further out the night NZM played '05 B&IL & ended up turning the TV down & listening to the crowd noise instead: you'd hear them going nuts & three seconds later see why.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ Liam Messam's last game in NZ, probably Ash Dixon's last for MAB, heaps of young & talented kids, I'm thinking 'nesian b-ball & multiple Paremoremo jailbreakjailbreaks. If not they'll be rioting from one end of Victoria St to t'other a bit earlier than usual.......

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It hasn't gotten much coverage but there's been a reunion of past NZM players to mark 110 years since they were made an official NZRU rep team, at least in part as a way of stopping players (first AB legend George Nepean included) going to league.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
lol Stevenson giving flavour of the month Rayasi a schooling

lol Apisai and his dogshit throwing undermining yet another team

Fakatava has a golden instinct taking options around the ruck. Still, kind of hope ABs dont poach him. They will though. Kid is too good

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
HTF did Proctor catch that? What a try!

MP (Moana Pasifika) need to score next, NZM well on top ATM & could get ugly.

Edit: and they do, game on now.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Funny how TJ refused to compliment Puku Leaware on anything he did even though the poor fat bugger was slogging his arse off and causing havoc, holding up pricks at mauls, stopping people dead etc. Probably my MOTM