• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ July 2021 Tests (& other matches)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If the Laws say that's a PT & YC then the Law is a fucking ass. Samoan six tackled the ball carrier, how is that collapsing a maul? And again, if that's considered collapsing a maul the relevant Law is seriously fucked up.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ well, yes, of course it was a maul but he tackled the ball carrier, not one of the hangers-on & I'm pretty sure that tackling the ball carrier is an intrinsic part of our game. The fact he's got multiple teammates hanging off him shouldn't count for jack shit, he's the ball carrier therefore has to be fair game for anyone making an otherwise legal tackle.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
^ well, yes, of course it was a maul but he tackled the ball carrier, not one of the hangers-on & I'm pretty sure that tackling the ball carrier is an intrinsic part of our game. The fact he's got multiple teammates hanging off him shouldn't count for jack shit, he's the ball carrier therefore has to be fair game for anyone making an otherwise legal tackle.

So it wasnt a maul? I thought the maul formed straight after the lineout jumper landed? Fuck do I know anyway i7m drunk

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Mate I dislike rolling mauls so much, but DP is right it was a maul, so ref had no choice. Was a tackle if no other Samoan players were attached.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Now THAT is a PT/ YC situation, Blue 20 has clearly played the ball whilst on the ground thereby preventing a likely try. No problem with that whatsoever BUT.....

So it wasnt a maul? I thought the maul formed straight after the lineout jumper landed? Fuck do I know anyway i7m drunk

Hi drunk,

If you leave the ball at the front of the maul the guy carrying it HAS to be able to be tackled (IMO, of course).

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Instead of AB's playing this massacre-in-waiting and travesty of a test vs Tongan club amateurs wouldve been fun to have a 2-test series vs MAB.

Maybe Fozzie wouldve been too embarrassed to see his tenured boy George Bridge getting manshamed by Wainui.
AWL making a mess of penalty magnate Scrote Barratt.
Nankivell running rings around Quinn Tupaea

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Instead of AB's playing this massacre-in-waiting and travesty of a test vs Tongan club amateurs wouldve been fun to have a 2-test series vs MAB.

Maybe Fozzie wouldve been too embarrassed to see his tenured boy George Bridge getting manshamed by Wainui.

Um you can't have tests against MAB!! And you not saying no tests for PIs are you?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

This bit I Liked.....

.... this bit not so much tho I must admit to being somewhat intrigued by the ScoBar magnate reference :): according to Google.......

magnate
/ˈmaɡneɪt/
noun
a wealthy and influential businessman or businesswoman.

Also....

Similar-sounding words
magnate is sometimes confused with magnet

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
.. this bit not so much tho I must admit to being somewhat intrigued by the ScoBar magnate reference :): according to Google...

magnate
/ˈmaɡneɪt/
noun
a wealthy and influential businessman or businesswoman.

Also..

Similar-sounding words
magnate is sometimes confused with magnet

giphy.gif

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
> Tune in six minutes into the match
> 19-0

Seems about right. Bit of a pointless match. Any of playing the Maori, North vs South, or Possible's vs Probable's would've been far more interesting.

EDIT: Bungled a 300-on-two overlap, which is pretty impressive tbf.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Quite some feat by George Bridge to somehow conspire to look completely ordinary and ineffectual against this lot.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
1st 20: 38 pts.

38-nil after 20 minutes then Tonga realised that NZ's dummy runners are just dummies and they dont have to follow every single one of the pricks ffs

2nd 20: 7 pts.