• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ July 2021 Tests (& other matches)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Rameka Poihipi (Chiefs player) has been called into MAB to replace Quinn Tupaea. Roger Randle quoted as being unhappy with the short notice but surely he was only selected after AL-B's withdrawal re: his elbow surgery so not sure how he thinks they could've been given an earlier heads up.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
MAB v Samoa will go ahead but in an empty stadium due to Wellington going to Covid Level 2 at 6pm today until midnight Saturday. Could get complicated if there's a need to extend it.....

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was watching rugby club last night, they were talking to Sean Wainui, and it was a good reminder hearing hin talk just how much genuine passion these boys have got for playing the Maori All Blacks.
To be honest the women's 7's team were same, to see them in tears to see Sarah Hirini being gived the flag carrying duties for women in Olympics speaks of a tight team.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
Anyone in AUS know how to watch the game? Stan said there was a “miscommunication” and they’re not actually streaming the game

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
MAB 7-0 after 10, well taken try by Stephenson off a Trask through-kick & excellent sideline conversion by Black. Nankivil gets an assist.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can't see how MAB were disadvantaged by that.......

Edit: justice may just have been served. Make that HAS been served. 7-7 after an astonishingly good sideline conversion into/ across the wind.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Pretty ordinary game, looked like a couple of teams that have a few days together playing on a wet and windy night to me.
Still it was a run for them I suppose, and hope for a bit better next week.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ pretty much my thoughts too, Dan. Mt Smart will at least have the advantage of being jam-packed by the pasifika, I'd imagine that cars with Samoan or Tongan flags will be doing laps of Manukau City Centre by at least Wednesday.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tonga have had to call up a heap of Club players inc Atu Moli's brother from Nelson & a guy who basically hasn't played in two years due to a run of injuries & his gig as a personal trainer. I'm thinking AB will go close to the 145 they put on Japan in 1995.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I imagine the crowd will be very small. There can't be much interest in watching second and third string Samoa and Tonga. If either team could field a competitive team then yes absolutely.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm thinking AB will go close to the 145 they put on Japan in 1995.
I think of that match as the sporting equivalent of the US Correspondents Dinner when speaker Pres Obama roasted Trump in the crowd.

It was what lit the fire.

Now, 25 years later, we have Japan's national team packed with ring-ins and frankenpoaches, never to be humiliated on the world stage again.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tonga have had to call up a heap of Club players inc Atu Moli's brother from Nelson & a guy who basically hasn't played in two years due to a run of injuries & his gig as a personal trainer. I'm thinking AB will go close to the 145 they put on Japan in 1995.

They should call it off. Like fuck they ever would though. Fozzie desperate to get any sort of W to pump up his insulting "50% is fine" sentiment.

Now the AB coaches are in the papers saying "it doesnt matter who the opponent is. It's all about us."

Really?

So WFT will you learn about your frail bitchslapped yet tenured RWC2019 team by watching it run rings around some club amateurs who will be utterly gassed after 10 minutes?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
AB v Tonga match officials:

Referee: Damon Murphy (Australia)

Assistant referees: Jordan Way and Amy Perrett (both Australia)

TMO: James Leckie (Australia)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
13 (!) debutants for Tonga: Tonga: James Faiva, Hosea Saumaki, Fine Inisi, Nikolai Foliaki, Penikolo Latu, Kalione Hala, Sonatane Takulua (c); Sione Tu’ipolotu, Solomone Funaki, Mateaki Kafatolu, Zane Kapeli, Don Lolo, Sila Puafisi, Sam Moli, Duke Nginingini. Reserves: Siua Maile, Jethro Felemi, Tau Koloamatangi, Harrison Mataele, Viliami Taulani, Nasi Manu, Leon Fukofuka, Walter Fifita.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/i...-team-includes-13-debutants-for-mt-smart-test