• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Blues kicking the ball away. Not smart when needing to score twice. Converted try and penalty to win

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
My connection is fast enough, just during key times Foxtel struggles, other times it's fine.

Foxtel are in denial about the quality of their online streaming, if you look how many complaints they get and don't really address.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Oh God. Benji Marshall will have no problem adapting to that garbage. It was bloody rugby league from Auckland after all. Five guileless myopic boofhead hit-ups then give the bloody ball back.

All the Auckland Blues pre-season youtube muscle boy gym vids in exchange for 1 skinny whitey with the rugby IQ of Ben Smith.

Jesus.

kirwan_zps67473f4d.jpg

"You're all fired. Bugger off."

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Completely dominated at scrum time, the Hurricanes have lost their opening Super Rugby match of the season 27-9 to the Sharks in Durban.

Such was the home side's set piece dominance the Hurricanes did well to concede only two tries and were still a chance for an unlikely win until a 65th minute intercept try to wing Lwazi Mvovo.

The Sharks set the tone for the match in the opening minutes when they dismantled the Hurricanes eight in the second scrum of the match and from then on coach Jake White's men held the upper hand.

Human battering ram blindside Willem Alberts got the other try, while Lambie landed five penalties to the delight of the 22,722 in attendance.

The Hurricanes finished the match with 14 players after replacement loose forward Adam Hill was sinbinned for a tip tackle on Mvovo with nine minutes to play.

Pinched from stuff.co.nz

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yeah, both D's seemed to pretty much nullify each other, pretty impressive for Rd 1 from that viewpoint. Fruean's supposed weakness on defensive positioning at centre not evident in that game. God, if he can nail that aspect he has to be near the AB's squad.

Retallick will be muntered after that head clash. Compulsory 3 week stand down? That is a big blow at lock cos' M.Fitzgerald and god-knows-who might not be too flash for that already-depowered scrum...
Not sure if there is a compulsory 3 week stand down is there?? Anyway perhaps you have heard more than me, I know they both missed the out on being able to take the field again, but I hardly think the sideline test is a definitive test of concussion, it errs on the side of caution, so one or both maybe right next week.
Thought Retallic had great game while he was on, and was pretty impressed for first up games by both teams.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

Auckland Blues vs Crusaders. RD 2

clouds.jpg

jesus-ascension210.gif
jesus-ascension210.gif
Jesus descended from upon high. F**kin' twice. I saw him. True story.
Detailed Match Summary:
The Auckland Blues lineout in the 1st half:

funnylittledance.gif

...---but from there it's-----
yessfb6.gif
yessfb6.gif
yessfb6.gif

3 handling errors?

3?

POLYNESIAN BASKETBALL IN FULL EFFECT.

IN SUMMARY, IT'S A BROTOWN MASSACRE

guygif.gif

In all seriousness, what it boiled down to iHomo was C.Slade managing to
fluff enough of his lines at 15 to help Auck secure enough scores to get home.

Cantabs looking very Cantabland out there. But still, they looked the same losing to Auck last year at this time too... then made the playoffs... while Auck finished the season with 6 straight losses.

ps, still to come---

Jerome-Kaino_2729663.jpg

psp:

guygif.gif

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The blues scored a couple of
Fluke try's and then the ref allowed a free for all at the breakdown which the blues capitalised on.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Haha...the Blues actually showed a lot more commitment and mongrel at the breakdown than they did last week....you may call it a 'free-for-all' but to those of us who play hard-hitting tough rugby, we call it competition.

And what is a fluke try? There is great attacking flair/structure and poor defence. Both of these can be attributed for the Blues tries tonite but flukes? You're kidding yourself...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I enjoyed the game. Plenty of skills and fast ball movement.

Nothing like a try off the kick-off from your previous try to man shame your opponents who, until then, had been dominating the game.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Haha.the Blues actually showed a lot more commitment and mongrel at the breakdown than they did last week..you may call it a 'free-for-all' but to those of us who play hard-hitting tough rugby, we call it competition.

And what is a fluke try? There is great attacking flair/structure and poor defence. Both of these can be attributed for the Blues tries tonite but flukes? You're kidding yourself.
When I say free for all I meant that because the ref wouldn't penalise. He blew a scrum a few times. The blues recognised this and used it

M

Moono75

Well done Blues. Entertaining game, can only build from their. Some exciting talent so could do anything this year. Crusaders 0-2 can we write them off this year....enough with the sabatical Dan, Ritchie needs you back.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Well done Blues. Entertaining game, can only build from their. Some exciting talent so could do anything this year. Crusaders 0-2 can we write them off this year..enough with the sabatical Dan, Ritchie needs you back.
You'd be brave to write the Crusaders off. They always start slow and then nearly bloody win the thing if they don't actually win it.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They actually did the exact same thing last year. Didn't get their first win until round 5. Pumped by the Blues and then lost to the Hurricanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.