• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Upset of the tournament. Or was it?

Sharks still to travel.
Brumbies and Saders are my picks at this stage.

I think the Highlanders deserved the win, so would not class it as an upset. They are playing an enjoyable style of rugby to watch and having some fun out there. My old man and the father in law, both canterbury supporters, are following the highlanders now. They love their playing style.

Colman is pushing for an AB hooker spot. the Smiths are being awesome. Fekitoa is having a blinder of a debut season. Sopoaga is running the backs nicely. For a team lacking the AB numbers that others have, they are doing alright.

Some tough games coming though. 6 day turn around after their stormers game to play the lions back in NZ. crusaders twice. Hurricanes and Chiefs (probably with Cruden back). Reds and Waratahs are likely to be the weakest teams they are going to face after the SA teams, to be honest. The waratah performance against the Blues has given me some hope.

The Crusaders Highlanders match is going to be huge. Got my tickets early for that one. i know a lot of Cantabs are making the drive down for the game.

I would love for the boys to make the top 6. Pretty sure we can make it very hard for teams in the next few games. They certainly won't be a walk over.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
wow, even the one-sided bokke commentators ended up saying it about 5 times: "energy". A.Smith played like 3 MOTM's.

Elliot's Dixon Balls into everything

Unwanted JAFFA Fekitoa scoring a brilliant solo try.

Auck needs some wealthy benefactors to set up 2 more franchises, god knows how many other blokes slip through the system. Call one the 'North Harbour Shore Parties' and the other one the 'Counties Manukau Broken Homers'.

Harbour Parties and Counties Homos for short.

M

Muttonbird

What you are saying is that Auckland's Polynesians fall through the system. I say fine, if being removed from the family environment encourages performance for the benefit of All Black rugby then bring it on. Just want to make sure they don't get poached by an Australian franchise with big ideas.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
wow, even the one-sided bokke commentators ended up saying it about 5 times: "energy". A.Smith played like 3 MOTM's.

Elliot's Dixon Balls into everything

Auck needs some wealthy benefactors to set up 2 more franchises, god knows how many other blokes slip through the system. Call one the 'North Harbour Shore Parties' and the other one the 'Counties Manukau Broken Homers'.

Harbour Parties and Counties Homos for short.

You could hardly say Fekitoa slipped through the system. The Blues had him last year and chose not to play him.

I see he has had a bit to say about Sir JK.
https://nz.sports.yahoo.com/rugby/n...itoa-says-blues-didnt-give-him-a-fair-chance/

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
woah, 4 in a row today, 4 good guys vs bad guys encounters, will be drongobrain by the end of that lot, if someone thinks it'd be a good idea to call me on the tellingphone today, then please think again.
The wife is **ON NOTICE** that if she wants me to wash her nuts or shave the kids or hang up the cat blanket or shave the dogs nuts then she can **THINK AGAIN**
14:35
image.php
Crusaders v. Brumbies
image.php
Cantabs to run riot in broad daylight at tinpot new Lancaster Park Rec Centr. You can not stop Luke Whitelock, you can only hope to contain him.
17:35
image.php
Chiefs v. Lions
image.php
Chiefs to stem the bleeding here
19:40
image.php
Waratahs v. Hurricanes
image.php
Canes to continue resurgence vs perennial aussie tourney favourites well into their bumblefart comical mid-seasonal phase by now haha oh dear
23:00
image.php
Stormers v. Highlanders
image.php
phlegmatic southerners to run riot vs storm front franchise in tatters
lukebraid_zpsd90e18bf.jpg

"Hello, my name is Luke Whitelock
and I am in the All Black picture. Hello."
-Luke Whitelock of Canterbury.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
woah, 4 in a row today, 4 good guys vs bad guys encounters, will be drongobrain by the end of that lot, if someone thinks it'd be a good idea to call me on the tellingphone today, then please think again.
The wife is **ON NOTICE** that if she wants me to wash her nuts or shave the kids or hang up the cat blanket or shave the dogs nuts then she can **THINK AGAIN**
14:35
image.php
Crusaders v. Brumbies
image.php
Cantabs to run riot in broad daylight at tinpot new Lancaster Park Rec Centr. You can not stop Luke Whitelock, you can only hope to contain him.
17:35
image.php
Chiefs v. Lions
image.php
Chiefs to stem the bleeding here
19:40
image.php
Waratahs v. Hurricanes
image.php
Canes to continue resurgence vs perennial aussie tourney favourites well into their bumblefart comical mid-seasonal phase by now haha oh dear
23:00
image.php
Stormers v. Highlanders
image.php
phlegmatic southerners to run riot vs storm front franchise in tatters
lukebraid_zpsd90e18bf.jpg

"Hello, my name is Luke Whitelock
and I am in the All Black picture. Hello."
-Luke Whitelock of Canterbury.

Put that thing away. There are minors that occasionally visit here.

Seriously. Luke Whitelock?

Thank god my wife does not sport balls. Clearly one of us chose well.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Had to work today, just finished watching the Crusades/Brumbies, looked fairly comprehensive esp with losing 3 guys so early. Posted a coupla weeks back that if we beat Chiefs & Brumbies we could start thinking about Finals footy. Mission accomplished so Finals here we come!

Now watching Chiefs, looks like they've taken a while to break the Lions down but the gates are about to open. Off to a do but recording the 'canes/'tahs & hope to be sober enough yo watch it when I get home (in other words prob watch it some time tomorrow). NZ conf looking pretty good right now. Almost as good as badabing's post above. Things that make you go mmmm-mmm.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Nice confidence boosting try-fest from the Chiefs. Next weeks game against the Blues in the 'naki will be a cracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.