• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Highly intense encounter. Violently stroppy too.

Engrossing stuff considering not even a chance of a try til 38th min.

TJ's voice growing increasingly taut, fraught and distraught as the contrails of the evil empire get bogsnotted into the sodden pitch by the new dynastians.
Bogsnotted? I gotta use this word more often.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That was not a very gentle game. Geez I loved it, and I imagine the Crusaders will enjoy a bye next week. Slade is playing like he was expected to a few years back, no injuries etc and seems to be getting a bit of confidence. All in all a bloody good game. Also think Cane is seen as a player Chiefs see no reason to thrash, he was injured early and with Latimer playing well I guess they figure there no hurry to start him often. Thought he played bloody well tonight when he came on, love his workrate!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Test-match winning performance from I.Dagg at the back iHomo.

Crusaders lineout got them home in the end i2ndHomo

"Angry Seahorse" = what Retallick looked like tonight.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How much trouble is Bird in? Should be plenty, that was just plain fucking stupid, cost us momentum & thank fuck it didn't cost us the game as well. Not good seeing KR going off either, badly wanted ID hooked as soon as he started kicking like a pussy but big ups for Todd having the balls to leave him out there & Dagg for playing thru the obvious pain, hope he's good to go in 2 weeks. As for Slade, could've shot him for the 2 off-the-posters but got us home in the end, munted ear & all. Pretty happy right now.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bird suspended for 1 week so misses 0 as we have the bye. Fitzgerald also 1 week for the high shot on Read, misses ANZAC Day v Brumbies, Chiefs lineout will really struggle without him.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
How much trouble is Bird in? Should be plenty, that was just plain fucking stupid, cost us momentum & thank fuck it didn't cost us the game as well. Not good seeing KR going off either, badly wanted ID hooked as soon as he started kicking like a pussy but big ups for Todd having the balls to leave him out there & Dagg for playing thru the obvious pain, hope he's good to go in 2 weeks. As for Slade, could've shot him for the 2 off-the-posters but got us home in the end, munted ear & all. Pretty happy right now.

yep Glass Slade went very well there, ddint look as petrified as he does at the next level up. He really is a genuinely ambidextrous kicker, a fantastic skill. (unless you're having them charged down. see: next level up)

I couldnt see much in Bird's belting, he just stood his ground really. Hardly much of a swinging arm

NZ conference seems a bit of a cripple fight but lo and behold, 3 NZ sides in top 6? wFT is happening in Bokkistan, Shawks atop then daylight down to about 17th?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
NZ conference seems a bit of a cripple fight but lo and behold, 3 NZ sides in top 6? wFT is happening in Bokkistan, Shawks atop then daylight down to about 17th?

Dismal,
I hate to break it to you mate but the NZ teams are currently 3rd, 6th, 7th and 8th. SJK's lot are 11th. The three teams that are in the top six from one country are Australian.

And the only reason the Sharks are so far out in front is that they have played almost every match at home so far, have had a lot of official help and are playing three teams that are basket cases twice.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
. Slade is playing like he was expected to a few years back, no injuries etc and seems to be getting a bit of confidence.

Yeah, the week before v Lions was the best I've ever seen him play and he was good against the Chiefs, here's hoping he can have an injury free run....for once.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
By geez the Clan went well didn't they Teach. Good aggressive defence and pretty well took most of their chances. I suspect the Sharks are going to find out how hard this comp is over next few weeks, travelling and getting a few harder teams they may find it just a bit harder!!

Status
Not open for further replies.