• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Obituaries

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Carrie Fisher leaves us aged 60. Not been a good year to be a celebrity.

addendum: refresh my page and wob beat me to it.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
I have a theory that this is actually now going to be a normal year in terms of celebrity deaths. There are just so many of them these days, that the attrition rate has to rise. Very few people would have given a thought to more than one or two of these people in the year before their death. Who knows who will rise from relative obscurity to grab their final headlines next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
John Hurt, 77:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/celebrities/88861405/british-actor-john-hurt-has-died-aged-77

Probably best remembered for this.....

IMG_0669.GIF

Hard to believe that scene is pushing 40........

Most youngsters probably also remember as the dictator from "V for Vendetta" & may not know he played Winston Smith to Sir Richard Burton's O'Brien in "1984". I'm pretty sure the irony wouldn't have been lost on him.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
One of the greats......... RIP

Joost van der Westhuizen, South Africa rugby great, dies aged 45

Joost van der Westhuizen, the South African Rugby World Cup winner, has died aged 45. The former scrum-half had been living with motor neurone disease since 2011 and was admitted to a Johannesburg hospital on Saturday morning.

The J9 Foundation, the charity founded by Van der Westhuizen in 2012, confirmed that he had died at home, saying in a statement: “It is with great sadness that we confirm the passing of Joost. He passed away in his home surrounded by his loved ones. He will be sorely missed.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/feb/06/joost-van-der-westhuizen-south-africa-rugby-great-dies

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sadly passed away yesterday.

One of the best attacking 9s ever but I like to remember him for his defending in the 1995 WC final.

Nag ou Grote!

(Mods feel free to delete if its been posted earlier or not in the right forum)