• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Official Sean McMahon Bandwagon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
yeah I agree, keep down the hype.

At this stage he is not a test player, he is simply the greatest player never to play a test

That's a pretty big call, he is better than Kurindrani?

Good performance from Sean on the weekend. Hopefully he can get some consistency. Aus rugby back row depth is looking very strong at the moment.

Does he have a nickname? I feel like we need a nickname for him.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
<snip>
Does he have a nickname? I feel like we need a nickname for him.

How about "On'ya" as in "good on you" and evocative of Sonia McMahon?
194279-sonia-mcmahon.jpg

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
In the few games of Brisbane club rugby that Sean played at GPS a few years ago it was clear he was going to reach the top level eventually. He made an impact in everything he did.

I may be wrong but you don't usually see forwards who play 7's crack it in the 15-man game, its usually the nippy backs. His extra conditioning and motor have done wonders in his ability to hit lots of rucks and maintain a strong running game.

Will probably win MVP for the EOYT and then captain the Wallabies at the next World Cup.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I didn't see the game but am willing to say he will be the best Wallaby 6 ever.

I actually don't think he's a test 6, but rather fits the mould of what the modern 7 is......... the day of the "fetcher" is over.

Having said that, I would start him at 6 on the weekend if Higgers is not fit...........

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Matt Burke visited my high school in my final year for a photo and training session. When cheekily asked about his recent Baa Baas experience, he quietly admitted he'd spent most of the week drunk with the team.

I'm not suggesting Barbarians RC are a park grade kick and giggle outfit, only that a ridiculously fit and fast 20 year old is probably going to burn a few of the bigger older piggies.

I'm on the bandwagon but hope he isn't thrown to the wolves this month. The English pack is a meaner beast than the one he just burned.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
the day of the "fetcher" is over.

Amen, Brother.
The day of the fetcher ended in 2010 or 2011.
We in Australia didn't see it and felt good about shooting the messenger.
Three years later, we are slowly getting on message.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
He was NRC player of the series and was one of best walllaby performers against the Baas Baas.

He is ready to play test rugby and deserves his first cap against Wales.

Status
Not open for further replies.