• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

OPEN INVITE - Posters (people who post) and ideas wanted for G&GR front page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Guys, I think the intent for this page is for people to run by us ideas they have for THEM to turn into blog posts.

Not so much for others to write about. If any of you want to write the stories you've suggested then I 100% support it. Just let me, or one of the other guys know, and we can help you get it on the front page.

Hey, yep, I'm keen to try and tee up the Pascoe thing. Just wanted to check it with you guys first.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
What about an AMA (ask
Me anything) with a current player?? Get them online for a couple of hours and answer a heap of questions. Notify the board of times, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Bring back Cat_A's Social Media pages or something along those lines.

I'm a fan of Dismal's efforts but am also aware that some of Dismal's posts are quite unique and GAGR could understandably want to keep some of these in the forums...

The World Cup provides all sorts of avenues for GAGR to explore and I reckon some form of fast facts about the smaller nations would be well received by our members and the general public.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bring back Cat_A's Social Media pages or something along those lines.

I'm a fan of Dismal's efforts but am also aware that some of Dismal's posts are quite unique and GAGR could understandably want to keep some of these in the forums.

The World Cup provides all sorts of avenues for GAGR to explore and I reckon some form of fast facts about the smaller nations would be well received by our members and the general public.

Like the ones that have been posted over the last couple of days?

As for Cat - like I've said, no use suggesting something for someone else to write. It's up to them to write it (no one told her to stop doing it, she just opted not to). Come up with an idea for YOU to write.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I'm new to Snapchat and I've scanned the G&GR snap code (and the Tahs Code) Anyone know what on earth do I do with it?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Hit the ghost at the top of the photo screen. Then hit add friends. Then hit either add by Snapcode (to use photo of our snap code in your gallery) or hit add by username to type in greengoldrugby

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Then what?

You need to go to your Stories page (which you do by swiping to the left). There you will see a Recent Updates section, where stuff from GAGR and other people you follow will appear for 24 hours only

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Front page ideas? For starters, the logo is too old.

logo-new.jpg

Old and tired.

Needs a change.

It is so old, those green bits could potentially be misconstrued as being moldy. Mold is dangerous to humans. A potentially hazardous motif. "Are they running a safe forum here?", readers will wonder. "Or a potential death trap?"

If the GAGR owners want to continue leaving themselves open to potential lawsuits then fine, it's their call.

My submission for a new, safer, sturdier logo:

85ff9708-428a-4a2b-b7c9-aa3a2871239c_zpsit0lyoig.png

New logo positives:
  • Black is thinning (beneficial to the fat pricks that may post here)
  • Anti-racist
  • Svelte
  • Rugby-related
  • no mold

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member

logo-new.jpg

Old and tired.

Needs a change.

It is so old, those green bits could potentially be misconstrued as being moldy. Mold is dangerous to humans. A potentially hazardous motif. "Are they running a safe forum here?", readers will wonder. "Or a potential death trap?"

If the GAGR owners want to continue leaving themselves open to potential lawsuits then fine, it's their call.

New logo positives:
  • Anti-racist
  • Svelte
  • Rugby-related
  • no mold

Thank you for your submission. It will receive due consideration from our logo approval committee
C10382-15A.jpg

mst

Peter Johnson (47)

logo-new.jpg

Old and tired.

Needs a change.

New logo positives:
  • Anti-racist
  • Svelte
  • Rugby-related
  • no mold
Great effort, I think you should try again after the hard work you put in with the last one.

Pjess.gif

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I am a bit scared to ask what you All Back supporters use, or how you apply the other "warpaint" colour. :eek:

I also very proud you overcame the paint by numbers issue in your above submission; how to colour in white on white paper. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.