• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Oz Schools v NZ Schools Test & Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
I'm abroad and I would be willing to pay the price of a ticket to watch this game online. The technology is there, just surprised that wonks that promote the game dont investigate the marketing opportunities.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Afternoon chaps. I have somehow stuffed up timings and have only just joine via Fox. bloody 26 minutes gone already.

Aus 8 NZL 3. I think I have the game on IQ to catch up what I have missed.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
27 Minutes gone. NZ #11 lining up penalty B HOOPER.

Successful Aus 8 NZ 6 28:30 gone.

!0 McIntyre KO out on the full.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
I have the penalty count at 7-2 in favour of NZ with 10 mins still remaining in the first half. Now 8-2!!!!

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Looking forward to seeing that try on replay - did he get it down? The NZ ref didn't hesitate to put his arm in the air!!

Looks like it brushed a blade of grass for a nano second!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
NZ THP Salui grinds over line for a meat pie. V lucky to score as ball just grounded.
NZL 11 Aus 8 32:59 gone.

#8 Aus appears to have taken a knock to his knee.

Didn't look like a grounding watching live, but replay seems to show a grounding (only just).

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
He was right there and had a better view than anyone. Also, the slo motion replay shows a try The ref is doing well.

Australia has been playing great. Very good in defence. But NZ look the better team heading into the 2nd half. Anyway, good rugby.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Wallabies could learn a fair bit about the benefits of quick pick and drives from the Oz schoolboys!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Oranges
NZL 11 Aus 8

Stats
Rucks/Mauls NZ 36 AUS 29
Pick Drive NZ 8 Aus 7
Tackle Break NZ 6 AUS 5
Line break NZ 0 Aus 1
Handling error NZ 2 AUS 6
Total kicks NZ 5 AUS 7
Advantage Line NZ 27/36 AUS 22/29
Ball Control NZ 60 % AUS 40%
Time in Opp Half NZ 46% AUS 54%
Time in Opp 22 NZ 1:54 AUS 2:16
Lineout NZ 5/0 AUS 3/0
Penalties won NZ 7 AUS 3
Turnovers NZ 6 AUS 4
7+ phases NZ 1 AUS 2

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Oz schools down 8-11 at halftime after running into a very stiff breeze and against an 8-3 penalty count. They've been playing very well though and have had the better of the game so far - hopefully they can use the wind to their advantage in the second half.

Oz forwards are more than matching their NZ counterparts at the breakdown and in tight generally. Oz backs also giving the NZ backs very little space and forcing plenty of dropped balls.

Whiteley doing plenty of work and leading by example as are Dempsey and Staniforth. Pulver playing very well at 9.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
NZ commentator - "Haven't seen much of Jack Dempsey today""!!! - myopic comment really - he also thinks that Riverview is in Qld.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Oz boys looking sloppy early in the 2nd half - too many unforced errors. They need to settle and use that bloody breeze to play down the other end.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Pleash yellow carded for pulling down a maul close to Oz line. Robertson on for Whiteley.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
CTPE, you seem faster on the fingers than me for the summary updates. I will bow out to unclutter the tread, and let you post updates.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is that Robinson on in the front row for Plesch?

Damn solid looking scrum on defence there.

Edit: Confirmed T Robinson on as replacement of Plesch (sin bin)

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Even the NZ commentator calling NZ offside at the ruck - ref can't see it though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.