• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pacific Rugby Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Gets underway this Friday. The fixtures can be found here

The ACT are up against Samoa A and have announced their team.

Scott Sio (Tuggeranong Vikings)
2. Siliva Siliva (Royals)
3. Ruan Smith (Easts, ACT)
4. Etienne Oosthuizen (Easts, ACT)
5. Leon Power (Queanbeyan Whites)
6. Jordan Smiler (Easts, ACT)
7. Colby Fainga'a (Tuggeranong Vikings)
8. Fotu Auelua (c) (Western Districts Lions)
9. Ian Prior (Uni-Norths Owls)
10. Zack Holmes (Tuggeranong Vikings)
11. Stephan Van Der Walt (Easts, ACT)
12. Jordan Rapana (Royals)
13. Tevita Kuridrani (Queanbeyan Whites)
14. Tom Cox (Uni-Norths Owls)
15. Robbie Coleman (Queanbeyan Whites)

Replacements
16. Robbie Abel (Royals)
17. Sione Taula (Tuggeranong Vikings)
18. Les Makin (Queanbeyan Whites)
19. Gareth Clouston (Tuggeranong Vikings)
20. Tim Cree (Tuggeranong Vikings)
21. Mark Swanepoel (Royals)
22. Sam Windsor (Queanbeyan Whites)

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I believe I was pissed off about this last year but why is there no Perth side in this comp? Even if we based them over east.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
On a different note, this is what I don't get about the "Super Rugby B" league that the ARU are proposing.

We already have tournaments like this, it's practically the same thing. Acting as if we're building a 3rd tier by expanding on fixtures like this is just bullshit.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I believe I was pissed off about this last year but why is there no Perth side in this comp? Even if we based them over east.

To be fair, you guys are a long way from the Pacific Ocean :D

It is good that the Force B side or Junior Jedis as I'd like them to be known have been added this year.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1. DANE MARAKI
2. LUKE HOMES (EPS)
3. RICHARD AHO
4. WILL SKELTON
5. JED HOLLOWAY (EPS)
6. PETER SAMU
7. PAT MCCUTCHEON (C) (Full)
8. AJ GILBERT
9. GRAYSON HART (Full)
10. JAMES HILGENDORF
11. BRENDAN HARTMAN
12. CAM CRAWFORD (Full)
13. MICHAEL HODGE (Full)
14. ELIJAH NIKO
15. LACHIE TURNER (Full)
16. TOLU LATU
17. MICHAEL ALA’ALATOA
18. KEVIN MCNAMARRA
19. STEVEN CUMMINS
20. DAVID HICKEY
21. JOCK MERRIMAN
22. DAVID HORWITZ
23. BEN HARRISS

Ollie Atkins injured?

Betham, Barnes, Timani, Horne injured

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
On a different note, this is what I don't get about the "Super Rugby B" league that the ARU are proposing.

We already have tournaments like this, it's practically the same thing.
We have tournaments like this but they have been very ad hoc and there really arent enough games. That's why I think it's a good idea to expand it for a third tier. We're utilizing existing structures, but now they'll get more training opportunities, more game time and dedicated support staff (physios etc). Up until now it's been a pretty ordinary development tool and why many in club land have been quite disparaging about the players and coaches involved.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
The Manly Daily reported that the lumbering giant Greg Peterson was playing. Don't know if he is now injured. On a more important note how can a recent school boy be ranked our No4flyhalf? Once again, in reference to a lot of these selections, the process is seriously flawed.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Wonder why Saifoloi is not starting at flyhalf ahead of hilgendorf?

Is Apo injured or just discarded?

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Cam Crawford at 12 for development reasons so the tahs can get him on the field in place of carter?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Folks should get to the ground early to watch some of these lads play and McCutcheon make his comeback.

Most of the Tahs invited player group is in the squad plus a couple of country players and all the fit Tahs EPS and contracted players not needed in the Super Rugby match.

Folks should not get their knickers in a knot that better players should have been available - I'm sure they were - but the lads who have put in since September or October, unpaid, in the Tahs invited player group had to get preference.

After the school year was over Horwitz was one of these - and using a couple of country players is a NSW rugby thing.

The team doesn't purport to be the best Tah team available apart from the 22 in the matchday squad. Folks will say it should be and that's fine, but they haven't seen the invited players train their rings off for the best part of 6 months.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
On a more important note how can a recent school boy be ranked our No4flyhalf? Once again, in reference to a lot of these selections, the process is seriously flawed.

How is the process flawed?

Plenty of these players that aren't in the Tahs 35 man squad have been training with the Tahs since the start of the pre-season with no remuneration. They are doing it for opportunity etc. Outside of the contracted Waratahs players, they are not just drawing on the best players in the Shute Shield to fill out the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.