• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

PowerBands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I wonder if firepower endorsed this product..

Name and shame time, which public figures helped perpetrate this myth?

Brendon Fevola
fevola_main_alt-420x0.jpg

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
http://www.tawakilagi.com/2010/04/04/rugby-league-to-investigate-the-games-latest-craze/
IT’S the $60 bracelet they tell you has the potential to make ordinary men into super human. So just imagine what it does for superstars such as Wests Tigers pivot Benji Marshall.

The NRL has confirmed it will investigate the use of Power Balance wrist bands after Marshall last week exposed one of world sport’s best-kept secrets.

As he lifted his arm in triumph, Marshall revealed he was wearing the Power Band during his man-of-the-match performance against the Sydney Roosters at the SFS.

It is claimed the wonder band can increase an athlete’s core strength and power by as much as 500 per cent.

And as they began investigating the mystery band on Marshall’s wrist, we discovered he is not the only athlete using it. Parramatta’s Timana Tahu and Eric Grothe, St George Illawarra’s Matt Cooper and Bulldogs half Brett Kimmorley were also said to be fans of the bracelet.

So are AFL superstars Nick Riewoldt and Brendan Fevola, soccer’s Cristiano Ronaldo, Group I jockey Damien Oliver, Wallaby James O’Connor, NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal and world surfing champion Mick Fanning.

And it’s almost certain the numbers are higher, with the common practice of NRL players taping their wrists likely to be concealing just how many players are using the so-called wonder band. According to the advertising brochure, “Power Balance holograms are imbedded with frequencies that react positively with your body’s natural energy field to improve balance, strength and flexibility”.

Highly sceptical, we put a band to the test in our office and were stunned at the results.

Ordinary office workers displayed immediate improvements to their resistance and core strength.

But there’s a serious side to the craze sweeping through the NRL ranks, with claims the lightweight bands could be football’s version of swimming’s super suits.

One leading player agent contacted, suggest “they should be banned because it was a form of cheating”.

“It’s a distinct case of one player having an outside advantage over another,” the agent said. NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley admitted he was unware of players using the band, but said that their impact would be investigated. “We’ve also got rules in the NRL operations manual that says no items of non-standard equipment can be used in the game without prior approval by the NRL,” Annesley said.

“It’s the first I’ve heard of it, so we’ll obviously need to look at it and determine whether we allow them or not. We’d also take medical advice on it.”

The bands are made of rubber and are unlikely to be considered harmful to other players.

However, Annesley added: “Referees and touch judges have the responsibility before a game of checking every player to make sure they’re not wearing anything that would be considered dangerous.

“It is something that we will look into.”

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
This is just embarrassing. Should we be surprised that Today Tonight fully endorse the power mynar technology?

[video=youtube;dFfofmJPxg0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFfofmJPxg0[/video]

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Are you hoping that it improves their power and flexibility by 500%? You wouldn't want it to increase their resistance.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Are you hoping that it improves their power and flexibility by 500%? You wouldn't want it to increase their resistance.

Unfortunately I find it is my personality that is more than sufficient to increase their resistance.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I reckon some of these blokes should strap a Peter Brock Energy Polariser onto their brains to make them go faster.

sevenpointdropgoal

Larry Dwyer (12)
Frangipani stickers, southern cross tattoos, toe ring tattoos, tramp stamps, wearing the Australian flag as a cape, purple and green two tone sparkly metallic car paint, free spinning chrome hubcaps, premix drinks of all varieties, magnetic zen necklaces, stupid appliances like chocolate fountains and ab-masters, green and gold sombreros, iPhone apps that make stupid light saber type noises, those Adidas pants with the press stud buttons all the way up the side, flavourless low-carb beer, $1,000,000 project homes with ridiculous rendered columns, "Masterchef" branded cookware, The Footy Show, Sunrise, $300 crystal healing sessions, a huge range of super expensive cosmetics, and now these. Today's cashed up morons certainly enjoy an unprecedented variety of crap to waste their money on.

Reactions: Epi

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I was wondering what the fuck these were - I'd assumed they were watches.

With the people I've seen wearing them, it all makes perfect sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.