• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pre Season '16: Reds v Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Somehow we couldn't sack him after the season ended so it would be totally out of character to can him now, even when there is no discernable improvement 6 months after a 'high performance review'.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
I'd love to see the stats on how many times the Reds have kicked tonight. It's like they're almost allergic to building phases.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Oh god. Back to the 2000s. Our backline seemed unable to drift, their backs were using the full width, and only ball handling errors prevented a cricket score.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Well no improvement in the Reds, but at least the service for the beers improved from last year! Well done QRU.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Well no improvement in the Reds, but at least the service for the beers improved from last year! Well done QRU.
Consolation prize of a few drinks?

From what I've been hearing, the Sydney Sevens has failed on that count and there are unhappy punters.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
I was being a bit tongue in cheek about the QRU's priorities.
But to be fair to the reds, the weather was bad contributing to the tactics and I think the crusaders chanced their arm a little more and got the result

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
And fair enough, too.

As far as the game went, after the first half hour and as it wore on, there was only one side making the running.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
CFS played really, really badly. I keep hearing about how good he is, but everything I see him play he is just awful. He shows signs of what he could do, but just always undoes everything with silly stuff that just defy logic - and then he gets frustrated, hangs his head and shoulders charges someone.

A passable coaching staff would have him working right.

T

TOCC

CFS had a number of good performances in 2015, they're weren't all awful.... But you are right the coaches should be getting more out of him.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
The team in the first half won't get beaten by much this year. Our depth looks total shite though. Not sure anything will save us if we have our usual run of injuries.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Based on the comments so far I assume Daley scrummed well. That'll be a big bonus if he has improved that part of his game. How did Neville & Fakaosilea play?

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Based on the comments so far I assume Daley scrummed well. That'll be a big bonus if he has improved that part of his game. How did Neville & Fakaosilea play?
They were good. I like Lolo at 6 and he'll only get stronger, really good to see Daley back and scrummaging so good after a couple of tough years for him.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.