• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pumas v Wallabies, Rosario, 5th October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Apparently "@<insert Gaggerlander's name> thingie" doesn't work following some sort of upgrade for tapatalk (what ever that is) according to @Cyclopath.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
If I had to guess based on experience, we're giving this more though then they do.

Honestly, they'd probably be valuing the timeliness of the match report over the fact it's original content.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
No, he doesn't make a salient point at all.

@Braveheart81 makes an assumption that they saved money by rehashing an ARU report, whilst it could just as easily be stated that the reds made a decision to use ARU material given it was in reference to a wallaby victory and that overplaying the reds hand would be seen as being pretty poor form and a bit over the top.

For the record, the @ thing did work that time.

I wasn't making an assumption that they did it as a cost saving measure.

I was making a comment that apples were being compared with oranges in that one website basically reposted an article that already existed on its parent website whereas the Tahs wrote something original about their own players.

When all the Australian rugby websites are run through the same servers on the same template I don't see the point in reposting the same articles in multiple places. Why not just post a link to the Wallabies article rather than posting a slightly modified version?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
No, he doesn't make a salient point at all.

@Braveheart81 makes an assumption that they saved money by rehashing an ARU report, whilst it could just as easily be stated that the reds made a decision to use ARU material given it was in reference to a wallaby victory and that overplaying the reds hand would be seen as being pretty poor form and a bit over the top.

I agree with absolutely everything else in your post though - hardly an intern's fault if no one above them is perusing it.

*edit* what's with the @ symbol thingie not working?
Relax, it could also be read that not having an unpaid intern might be a good corporate decision, given the quality we see from Moore Park. "Save" on unpaid position seems to make no sense unless the unpaid position loses value for you. It wasn't meant to be offensive.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Relax, it could also be read that not having an unpaid intern might be a good corporate decision, given the quality we see from Moore Park. "Save" on unpaid position seems to make no sense unless the unpaid position loses value for you. It wasn't meant to be offensive.
To be honest, it was a kinda slow morning at work until lunchtime, and was just being a bit nitpicky.

(Didn't think i came across as offended, I didn't use "fucken" even once).

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Okay, this is how the media works and this is undoubtedly what happened at the Reds.........

The ARU Media team wrote up a match report, chucked it in a press release, and sent it to their ENTIRE media contacts list. This list probably includes everyone from the Super Rugby Media Teams (like the Reds), the SMH, individual journos, and maybe even large blogs like G&G.

From there those who have received the content decide what to do with it. The ARU Media don't care if you cut it up because any coverage creates value for their organisation and the Reds probably ran it because it was quick and easy to put out. In the internet age timely content is the most important thing, people read absolutely shite articles when they're fresh off the press (that's why we see so many fuck-ups on Rugby Heaven when they try to pump out content ASAP).

I hope this has made sense and been enlightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.