• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pumas v Wallabies, Rosario, 5th October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I would suggest after the Lions series he would have to have be considered the second best 13 in the world. The dominance of Conrad Smith has been the only thing keeping him out of a World XV.

jeez stop it the man love its too much, he's a good honest international player... certainly not better than Jean de Villiers and Conrad Smith and no better player than Manu Tuilagi or Jamie Roberts, certainly no creativity like Brian O’Driscoll...

I'd like to see him push himself...

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Jeez a lot of people here not comfortable about qusestioning AACs current game. sadly not the same loyality about props. lol

That's because our scrum has been munted every week since the third Lions test. There hasn't been one less than average performance from AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in that time.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
No where near as good as Conrad. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has a very low error rate and defends very well but I have to disagree with his decision making. Too many times I have seen him tuck the ball under his arms and run at the opposition when their are players in space outside him. Also he cant pass left to right very well. I think he may be forced to the bench at some stage.

Yes, Smith almost always looks to create opportunities for his support. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) almost always doesn't.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Incredible that the Tahs release can't find room to mention one player from the lesser clubs.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sort of shameful. It's the Australian team, not x Reds, y Waratahs, z Brumbies, ect. Who cares if it was players from the Waratahs scoring 6/7 tries, it was Wallabies players scoring them. You don't here the Brumbies saying Brumby-Wallabies just because Lilo has scored most of our points this year.

Foley is a happy ’Wallatah’ ......... The Wallatahs continued to pile on the points

Not saying they shouldn't show pride in their players, but Wallatahs is a bit much. Maybe if the Wallabies were 14/15 Waratahs I could laugh it off.

Reactions: gel

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Incredible that the Tahs release can't find room to mention one player from the lesser clubs.
Not incredible if you have read many missives from the Waratahs in recent years. Reality is not always their baseline.
I agree, this one is quite ridiculous.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Let's give this a little bit of perspective. The article posted on the Reds website is an abbreviated version of the article posted on the ARU website.

http://www.rugby.com.au/wallabies/News/NewsArticle/tabid/1516/ArticleID/10339/Default.aspx

A few bits and pieces have been changed slightly and the Reds version is a lot shorter but many of the paragraphs are just lifted directly from the same article. It's clearly been put together from the same original piece.

The article on the Tahs website was clearly written from the Tahs perspective by the Waratahs Media Unit.

What I want to know is who is getting their match report for a Wallabies game from one of the Super Rugby franchise websites and needs that bit of information to be objective, complete and without bias? Surely everyone is reading a report from somewhere else first, which is why I have absolutely no problem with any franchise putting out an original piece entirely based on their own players participating for the Wallabies.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Surely everyone is reading a report from somewhere else first, which is why I have absolutely no problem with any franchise putting out an original piece entirely based on their own players participating for the Wallabies.

Me either. Their talking about their own players and for those subscribed to their respective club feeds, they'd be interested in hearing how those players are travelling.

For those throwing their hands up in disgust, perhaps widen you're readings for the next couple of weeks. It's standard practice for clubs around the world to discuss solely on their players who have played in international games. For example, this link is from Manchester United's website on their player's performances whilst on international duty;

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...nal-action-for-manchester-united-players.aspx

The Tahs, Reds etc have their own agenda which they need to push to showoff their brand. No idea why this is so shocking to some.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Making it 'Franchise-centric' is fine, but referring to the national team as '...dubbed by some as the Wallatahs...' is wankery, as no-one, apart from a Waratah press officer would use that term.

Absolutely. I think the term is ridiculous and the article was pretty over the top. Given the likely age of the unpaid media intern at the Tahs, wanking is probably one of their favourite pasttimes so there's no surprise that this article followed that theme.

I just wanted to balance out the supposed objective reporting by the Reds to say that it wasn't a report by the Reds at all. It was just a rehash of the ARU media release.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Wallatahs !!!! Wall-a-buncha-wanakers.... forgive me while it just go and throw up.... Its as bad as Quade Copper refering to our jersey as yellow... eeeewwww.... jeez... I hope the ARU executive has a shot at them for abusing the Wallabies brand...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Wallatahs !!!! Wall-a-buncha-wanakers.. forgive me while it just go and throw up.. Its as bad as Quade Copper refering to our jersey as yellow. eeeewwww.. jeez. I hope the ARU executive has a shot at them for abusing the Wallabies brand.
What are they gonna do - sack the unpaid intern!!
This is the problem at the Waratahs - this stuff is palmed low down the tree, and not really overseen. The organisation should be more professional.
But @Braveheart81 makes a salient point - the Reds saved on even an unpaid intern by flogging ARU material!!

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
What are they gonna do - sack the unpaid intern!!
This is the problem at the Waratahs - this stuff is palmed low down the tree, and not really overseen. The organisation should be more professional.
But @Braveheart81 makes a salient point - the Reds saved on even an unpaid intern by flogging ARU material!!

No, he doesn't make a salient point at all.

@Braveheart81 makes an assumption that they saved money by rehashing an ARU report, whilst it could just as easily be stated that the reds made a decision to use ARU material given it was in reference to a wallaby victory and that overplaying the reds hand would be seen as being pretty poor form and a bit over the top.

I agree with absolutely everything else in your post though - hardly an intern's fault if no one above them is perusing it.

*edit* what's with the @ symbol thingie not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.