• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pumas vs Wallabies, 25th July 2015, Mendoza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Or perhaps some people (not that I'm one of them) don't think enough time has surpassed to allow such wounds to heal..
Will the people that make a negative comment literally every time his name gets mentioned and often when it isn't mentioned ever let up?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
Here is a Scottish Highland's Officer from back in the day, in their "trues", dressed for the Regimental Ball.
DSCF0007.jpg
geez-what chance of having a quickie out the back wearing that gear?
at least the kilt was practical

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
Can Someone tell Cheika that Beale is an absolute fu*king liability and does not deserve a spot in the team.

No that liability is wearing no.10

As seen from last weeks game, Cooper & Git didnt quite click in broken play although the set piece try was a pearl. Again, when Phibbs & To'omua was inserted, the game changed prolly for the better.

Now this week Foley takes the reigns, others may not think so, but Foley needs at least a sound game (good command of the pack, tactically accurate kicking, and sound decision making ((i.e. when to attack, kick for terrority and when to put the hammer down)) - taking adv of field position with creative enterprise or at least create enough to unleash the Kuridranis, Tomanes & Folaus) to play a major role in the RWC.

Hoping he and Beale have a decent game #Wobs14+

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Beefcake, apologies in advance for this, but it is Phipps not Phibbs. How to we as a group of intelligent people not get this right?

Anyway, I agree with you that the biggest issue is Beale at 10. Actually, scratch that, it's Beale at 12 (shudder). On the wing or at fullback I can live with it, but not in the inside backs. I'll not say anything about his past behaviour because it's been done to death.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Beefcake, apologies in advance for this, but it is Phipps not Phibbs. How to we as a group of intelligent people not get this right?

Anyway, I agree with you that the biggest issue is Beale at 10. Actually, scratch that, it's Beale at 12 (shudder). On the wing or at fullback I can live with it, but not in the inside backs. I'll not say anything about his past behaviour because it's been done to death.

I think Beefcake meant that Foley's the liability.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I think Beefcake meant that Foley's the liability.

Yes, but nonetheless it was a good opportunity to crucify KB (Kurtley Beale) in advance for playing poorly wearing the jersey number that he's highly unlikely to even represent as a reserve.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
The main argument against Beale is that he behaved badly towards a woman. Many of the Wallaby supporters who claim to loathe Beale for that reason would enthusiastically support Julian Savea's selection for the Wobs if he was eligible.

One's been in top form during the Super season and the other has been consistently poor. That's the difference. Beale is there because of his so called playing reputation, while many people would rather he not be there for his off-field reputation and poor form.

M

Moono75

In the interests of international relations I posted this care package off last week....fingers crossed it arrives in time!

Attn: The Two bit Tenor
C/o The Voice Argentina
Estadios Malvinas Argentina
MENDOZA

1e5f3b71430416155163d7971e6d2423.jpg

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)

No, no I insist on apologizing firstly for being an imitator, I'd never fit the lofty standards of such a group, thats why I starting playing rugby. Easier to let the actions do the talking, so to speak.

Further my continual mispelling of 'Phipps', is hindered by phonetic reflexes, Phibbs and Phipps are not the same :) Curious given my handle on other more difficult names such as Kuridurani and Lealiifano. Must be the foreign tongue :)

Lastly, on not being clear that Foley could indeed be the liability. With only months left to RWC and still none the wiser on the flyhalf. Foley has performed admirably but there have been many contenders and none have managed to cement this pivotal position. Even as the incumbent, I hold many doubts that Foley can deliver in the big games, but he is good company as QC (Quade Cooper), To'omua & KB (Kurtley Beale) have neither delivered consistently.

It'd be interesting if Larkham role in the Wobs setup also included mentoring this group. QC (Quade Cooper) & To'omua are the genuine fly contenders that I see delivering the cheikaball system 2.0 (global). Given Foley doesnt realistically play any other position as soundly in comparison to the options (fullback has been mentioned but KB (Kurtley Beale) is superior player), he is probably plays as shadow squad insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.