• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pumas vs Wallabies, 25th July 2015, Mendoza

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Team named. Good side.

Argentina

1. Marcos Ayerza
2. Agustín Creevy (c)
3. Ramiro Herrera
4. Manuel Carizza
5. Tomás Lavanini
6. Javier Ortega Desio
7. Juan Martín Fernández Lobbe
8. Facundo Isa
9. Martín Landajo
10. Nicolás Sánchez
11. Juan Imhoff
12. Juan Pablo Socino
13. Matías Moroni
14. Gonzalo Camacho
15. Santiago Cordero

Reserves:
16. Santiago Iglesias Valdez
17. Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro
18. Matías Díaz
19. Matías Alemanno
20. Leonardo Senatore
21. Tomás Cubelli
22. Santiago González Iglesias
23. Lucas González Amorosino

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Tuculet injured.

Suspect there's a bit of rotation in the centres to add caps - dunno. But they're not the only team to be doing that ...

Forwards with Lavanini and bench look better than last week.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
This goes without saying, but the forward pack, in particular our tight five really need to impose themselves physically in the set-pieces and in open play. That Argentinian tight five are no pushovers, that's for sure.

The Wallabies need to come out hard in the first 20 and get out to an early lead; set the tone for the match and rattle the home team's confidence. If the Argies stay within a penalty or two of the Wallabies, their belief will grow.

I would hope that the coaches tell the team to keep the ball in play as much as possible and see if the Pumas can keep up i.e. kicks that stay in play rather than go into touch, quick taps etc.

Also - anyone know if the Argies are clamping down on the patrons shining lasers?

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
McCalman is a different ball runner, less width, more direct, as is Pocock

I expect a more direct approach

It might have been more productive to have had the 2 7's switching starting rolls last week and this to give more balance?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Be handy if the backs pass and catch the ball and score some trues

Here is a Scottish Highland's Officer from back in the day, in their "trues", dressed for the Regimental Ball.
DSCF0007.jpg

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
If they insult us again with that rubbish we should turn our backs on the singer.
No, we should just repay Argentina by replacing their anthem with "Good night to get lucky" ala the Russian Police Choir next time they're here.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Plenty of G&GR posters have been doing just that for the last six months.

Much to my complete shock, Cheika has totally ignored them! The nerve of the bloke.

Last six months? Where have you been? They were doing it the morning after he had an absolute cracker in the final against the Crusaders last year and haven't let up since.

Just imagine if one of the League rapist/wife-beater/druggie/bestiality/alcoholic corridor shitters was playing Union. There would be fans self-immolating in front of ARU headquarters. Some people just can't let go and allow time to heal the wounds.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just imagine if one of the League rapist/wife-beater/druggie/bestiality/alcoholic corridor shitters was playing Union. There would be fans self-immolating in front of ARU headquarters. Some people just can't let go and allow time to heal the wounds.

Or perhaps some people (not that I'm one of them) don't think enough time has surpassed to allow such wounds to heal......

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Or perhaps some people (not that I'm one of them) don't think enough time has surpassed to allow such wounds to heal..

The main argument against Beale is that he behaved badly towards a woman. Many of the Wallaby supporters who claim to loathe Beale for that reason would enthusiastically support Julian Savea's selection for the Wobs if he was eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.