• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pumas vs Wallabies, 25th July 2015, Mendoza

Status
Not open for further replies.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
I'd like to see:
  1. Sio - Slipper looks like he needs a rest, but I think we'll see him starting. Would like to see what Sio is capable of in a full test.
  2. Moore (C)
  3. Kepu - one bad game does not dilute his excellent test form last year
  4. Simmons
  5. Skelton - I don't think one poor game deserves him getting dumped after a good season so far. If he is poor again, it might be time to start looking elsewhere.
  6. Fardy
  7. Hooper
  8. Pocock
  9. Phipps
  10. Cooper - see Kepu. Been hurt most of the year and I think To'omua is his perfect partner. His out of hand kicking was excellent, especially length, and I thought 70% of his game was good.
  11. Tomane
  12. To'omua
  13. Kuridrani
  14. Ashley-Cooper
  15. Folau
  16. Hanson
  17. Slipper
  18. Holmes
  19. Horwill
  20. Higginbotham
  21. White
  22. Foley
  23. Mitchell
I do think we'll be seeing Foley at 10 this week.

CarnTheBrumbies

Frank Nicholson (4)
I'd like to see:
  1. Sio - Slipper looks like he needs a rest, but I think we'll see him starting. Would like to see what Sio is capable of in a full test.
  2. Moore (C)
  3. Kepu - one bad game does not dilute his excellent test form last year
  4. Simmons
  5. Skelton - I don't think one poor game deserves him getting dumped after a good season so far. If he is poor again, it might be time to start looking elsewhere.
  6. Fardy
  7. Hooper
  8. Pocock
  9. Phipps
  10. Cooper - see Kepu. Been hurt most of the year and I think To'omua is his perfect partner. His out of hand kicking was excellent, especially length, and I thought 70% of his game was good.
  11. Tomane
  12. To'omua
  13. Kuridrani
  14. Ashley-Cooper
  15. Folau
  16. Hanson
  17. Slipper
  18. Holmes
  19. Horwill
  20. Higginbotham
  21. White
  22. Foley
  23. Mitchell
I do think we'll be seeing Foley at 10 this week.

With the Hooper/Pocock Combination, it is highly unlikely that Skelton will start. The Wallabies need to have 3 lineout jumpers so expect Horwill to start if Cheika opts for Hooper and Pocock.
Also need to say that our scrum suffers immensely with Skelton on.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If we've doing Pooper against the Argies, we'll need Skelton there for the mauls. Sure the line out might suffer but Skelton's been improving his work there. The option at the front without getting off the ground seems to work ok. I don't remember the Argies defensive lineout being that good.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I think I read somewhere Cheika said he was going to play Foley no matter how well, or poor Cooper played, to ensure both had a some game time.

So the plan was most likely going to be 10. Foley. 12. Gits to test out combo's. Gits got injured and To'omua deserves a shot given his impact from the bench.

This scenario is pretty poor IMO, because we already seen the Foley/To'omua combo last EOYT and it left a lot to be desired.

T

Train Without a Station

If we've doing Pooper against the Argies, we'll needed Skelton there for the mauls. Sure the line out might suffer but Skelton's been improving his work there. The option at the front without getting off the ground seems to work ok. I don't remember the Argies defensive lineout being that good.

It works ok as a 1 off trick move. You can't do that multiple times a game and expect to win the ball.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
This just out:

The full Wallabies team to play Argentina in Mendoza will be officially announced at 9am Sydney time, but we can tell you David Pocock, Bernard Foley and Greg Holmes will all start against the Pumas, with Michael Hooper and Quade Cooper on the bench. Scott Higginbotham isn’t in the 23.
Full team to come……
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/?p=83630

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My guess would be:

3 Holmes
2 Moore
1 Slipper
4 Simmons
5 Skelton
6 Fardy
7 Pocock
8 mccalman
9 Phipps
10 Foley
11 Ashley cooper
13 Kurundani
12 Toomoa
14Tomane
15 Folau

Hooper
Sio
Tpn
Mumm
Kepu
Cooper
Beale
White

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Would like to see Sio start.

But he didn't make the cut (for the tweet) so it might reduce the odds.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
My guess would be:

3 Holmes
2 Moore
1 Slipper
4 Simmons
5 Skelton
6 Fardy
7 Pocock
8 mccalman
9 Phipps
10 Foley
11 Ashley cooper
13 Kurundani
12 Toomoa
14Tomane
15 Folau

Hooper
Sio
Tpn
Mumm
Kepu
Cooper
Beale
White

That's the confirmed team

That's what you call an impact bench.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Reserves

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau (Waratahs - 50 Tests)
17. Scott Sio (Brumbies - 6 Tests)
18. Sekope Kepu (Waratahs - 53 Tests)
19. Dean Mumm (Waratahs - 33 Tests)
20. Michael Hooper, VC - (Waratahs - 42 Tests)
21. Nic White (Brumbies - 19 Tests)
22. Quade Cooper (Reds - 54 Tests)
23. Kurtley Beale (Waratahs- 49 Caps)

T

Train Without a Station

I'm torn. Quade needs game time and I think he is our best option.

But at the same time Quade has to improve his form to be our best option and throwing Foley in for the Bledisloe after not much game time is no alternative. He needs game time too in order to show his 2015 form.

Hopefully (and I doubt they would though), the coaches don't weight great performances against a weaker team (in the loose anyway) the same as performances against the Boks, or we could be in for a rude shock against the All Blacks.

Good Quade is on the bench and will get some time. My only gripe is that Foley didn't get some time last week.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Strong team.

Like Cheika's thinking - very physical starting side to deal with the Puma's combative approach early on, and then a very mobile set of replacements to take advantage of the tired legs later on. Only gripe is Skelton. Think Horwill earned a call up after last week and Skelton played himself out of the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom