• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QF2 2012 - Crusaders vs Bulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
We've been very up & down this year so they def have a shot but hopefully (from my point of view anyway) they fall flat.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Nope. I will be surprised if you can get more that $1.30 to back the Saders.

Crusaders are currently $1.23 to $4.20 for the Bulls on sportsbet. I would say this is pretty accurate with the Bulls having to travel so far and assuming the Crusaders have a fully fit side. Crusaders by 8 and the same goes for the Reds against the Sharks basically. Both those SA sides are capable though, so they'll be great games to watch hopefully.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Crusaders are currently $1.23 to $4.20 for the Bulls on sportsbet. I would say this is pretty accurate with the Bulls having to travel so far and assuming the Crusaders have a fully fit side. Crusaders by 8 and the same goes for the Reds against the Sharks basically. Both those SA sides are capable though, so they'll be great games to watch hopefully.
If there's one thing to come out of this season, it is the side that takes thier opposition lightly gets beaten.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The only teams the Bulls have beaten since round 12 were their perennial bitches the Lions and Cheetahs and should consider themselves lucky they also got to play the Rebels, Waratahs, Blues and Higlanders. They may have had the most favourable draw to get into the finals.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
The only teams the Bulls have beaten since round 12 were their perennial bitches the Lions and Cheetahs and should consider themselves lucky they also got to play the Rebels, Waratahs, Blues and Higlanders. They may have had the most favourable draw to get into the finals.

It makes me sad the Waratahs are part of that list... and yet I can't even remotely argue with you.

Saders by 10.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Crusaders making a loss hosting this match.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/supe ... -Crusaders

Hosting the Bulls is likely to punch the Crusaders in the pocket.

Although Saturday night's Super Rugby qualifying final at AMI Stadium offers the franchise the chance to earn extra revenue through gate takings, it is likely to be offset by a series of large fees.

Sanzar dictates teams hosting a qualifying final must pay the visiting side $96,000.

This increases to $128,000 for the semis and $160,000 for the grand final. In addition to paying the Bulls the visitors' fee, the Crusaders must meet the South African team's flights, accommodation and food costs.

When the Crusaders hosted the Durban-based Sharks for last year's qualifying final in Nelson, the transport, accommodation and food bill hit $126,000.

In addition, they drew a crowd of only 12,000 at Trafalgar Park.

Although the Bulls' expenses will be less because there will be no need for as many connecting flights, they will still be significant.

To aid their recovery following last weekend's match against the Lions, the South Africans are entitled to travel business or first-class and will stay at the Clearwater Resort on the outskirts of Christchurch.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Despite the financial loss that the Crusaders appear to be heading towards, hosting the Bulls, I really can't see that being translated to the scoreboard.

Even though they will be staying in some fancy pants hotel in the Shakey City, and travelling up front on the plane, the journey will take its toll on the Bulls.

IMHO, the Bulls will also be vulnerable having had a more physically demanding run up to the finals. This will tell in the last 20 minutes.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Will be an interesting game. The saders have not been the usual invincible force of old this year. As they are playing at home, they will likely get up, however I would not be at all surprised to see the Bulls snag this one. They were another side we were all expecting would struggle this year after loosing Steenkamp, Matfield & Bakkies, I reckon they have done alright.

J

Jiggles

I wouldn't be shocked if the Bulls did win. I think their position on the table is boosted by their easy draw this year, but they are still a good team and good enough to be in the finals when you look at the teams that missed out.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
The home crowd don't appear to care, so long as their team wins. Far too many booed the referee at the weekend when he quite correctly disallowed two tries, one for a grotesquely forward pass, the other when Adam Whitelock was in danger of getting to the tryline ahead of the ball, he was so far offside.
Despite plenty of individual brilliance and decency, the Crusaders have become an unappealing bunch. Maybe something decent died when Brad Thorn left.
Whatever the cause, I hope the Crusaders lose and come back next season with a proper respect for referees.

source:http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/opinion/7296554/Serial-cheats-Crusaders-prosper-by-conning-refs

Added for flavour.

Status
Not open for further replies.