• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I take your point about UQ. But I don't mean to burst your bubble on UQ but I'm discounting fairly heavily the losses to The Bank and Bond. They were missing the following players:

Wallis for Bond game
Poncini for both games
Horan for both games
Hunt for both games

Also think a few played out of position (Clancy? and Rayment??, both these players did not play against Sunny). Some fairly useful footballers that were out. That's why the Brothers game was a better form reference as these players played. The losses to Bond and The Bank are forgives as far as I'm concerned.
UQ did not have a good game away at Bond and were missing a few and I'm sure it will be different this time round with UQ at home to Bond for round 12.
Top 4: Brothers, UQ, Bond and Sunnybank in no particular order because it will all come down to which of the 4 want it the most.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Sage you are more forgiving than the Dalai Lama.
- Not a solitary win against the big 3 - Brothers, Bond & Bank.
- Leaked 41 points against Bond (without Luka) and 45 against Bank
- Waived the white flag in the Bond game after 10 minutes.

Will be keen to see Round 11 against your mob to see if they're the real deal.

Yeah I am fairly forgiving; you have some really good points but they were missing some really good players....so we will have to see. We both agree that they are the danger....that's the important point.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Sage you are more forgiving than the Dalai Lama.
- Not a solitary win against the big 3 - Brothers, Bond & Bank.
- Leaked 41 points against Bond (without Luka) and 45 against Bank
- Waived the white flag in the Bond game after 10 minutes.

Will be keen to see Round 11 against your mob to see if they're the real deal.

Look forward to seeing you there! We will have to have a beer...(I owe HTC one)

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
HTC said:
"Speedy Winger (Hayden Sargent) should be playing halfback, has the speed, has the build and has rugby brain, if he wants to take the game any further (not unlike Josh Coward). Bond 13 as you put it "a complete waste" is under utilized for his size and speed. IMO the downfall is due to lack of good ball off the scrum and having a few more moves in the backline. I think the backline coach needs to step up, it is not u15 schools rugby."

Hayden's background was initially at 10 before migrating to 15 (at about same age) and then on to 11 by school opens. Has played the odd game at halfback and isn't too shabby there. He has scored an overseas gig for later in the year I hear, which should be the catalyst for his rugby growth. Due north.

Don't blame the backline coach for the lack of back moves. He is extremely capable (and knows most of the boys from school/Junior Gold) but trying to work wonders in a straight jacket courtesy of boofhead on high.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeah he has said he doesn't like it on the wing and prefers 15 but I'd like to see him give the halfback a go in the absence of Harry Nucifora to the u20's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Righto! My picks for round 10
Top 4 playing bottom 4
Bond by 18 vs Easts
UQ by 15 vs Souths
Sunnybank by 20 vs GPS
Brothers by 18 vs Norths
Good luck and injury free!

phatmik

Herbert Moran (7)
Let's give this another go

Easts at home Vs Bond
Don't know what happened with Easts last week but there you go.
Bond by 12
Souths at home V UQ
I am still on this band wagon with Souths with their new players plus at home.
Souths by 2
GPS at home playing the Bank
I can't see nothing but misery here for GPS I'm afraid.
The Bank by 30
Norths at home to Brothers
Norths have a nice back 3 11-14-15 combo and the 13 is handy but their forwards work rate and discipline s a pack needs to increase tenfold.
Brothers by 22
Wests have the bye which will give some of their forwards a much needed break. Watch out Easts - Norths and Sunnybank

Hope I do better than last week but seriously why would you listen to me :)

Enjoy the footy burgers on the weekend everyone

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
Loving the discussion on the comp guys it is really hotting up with no clear line drawn between 3 down to 6/7th about who is making finals. As opposed to the prem comp which has a clear line at the 4.

My heavies are teetering on the brink so the games with Brothers and Wests are going to determine spots in the end of July in my opinion. Wests having the bye will be good for them, I agree with you phatmik about their forwards.

This week:
Bond by 15 over Easts
Uni by 25 over Souths
Bank by 40 over GPS
Brothers by 20 over Norths

Enjoy the games guys.

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Might as well chuck my hat into the ring with the tips:
Bond by 10 over Easts
Souths by 1 over UQ - (new brothers from Sunnybank are a massive addition)
Bank by 45 over GPS
Brother by 25 over Norths (agreed 11,13,14,15 from Norths are quality).

Happy Punting

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Hard to get excited about this round with the semi finalists playing the also-rans in every game. I suppose they still will have to go through the motions to get wins...

Here are my darts:
Bond by 14 over Easts (lucky win round 1 to become convincing win round 2)
Uni by 20 over Souths (like picking the wings off flies)
Bank by 30 over GPS (scoreboard attendant has put in another nail in case it gets to 3 figures)
Brothers by 22 over Norths (competitive till Norths tire - about 7 minutes in)

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Might as well chuck my hat into the ring with the tips:
Bond by 10 over Easts
Souths by 1 over UQ - (new brothers from Sunnybank are a massive addition)
Bank by 45 over GPS
Brother by 25 over Norths (agreed 11,13,14,15 from Norths are quality).

Happy Punting

So Souths have picked up two backs from The Bank??

I think if they picked up two forwards from The Bank that would be a better addition IMO. I quite liked the Souths backs (admittedly they had Moseley and Ngamanu) when Brothers played them, however wasn't fussed about the forwards. Don't think this would phase UNI.

UQ seem to play a lot better or have a higher win ratio when Horan plays.

On the injury front for Brothers, can report that Jack Ireland (Hooker/Loosehead), Soli Latrell (TH) and Manny Meafou (Second Row) are all out this weekend. They may be out for a while from what I gather.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
My Pick's for the week (using Phatmik's format).
Easts at home Vs Bond
Think the Tiggers will still be licking their wounds from last week. Bond have the travel worries and don't play as well away, but will be too strong.
Bond by 22
Souths at home Vs UQ
Be a great day at Chipsy Wood Oval tomorrow, but not necessarily in the Colts game. Even with the new arrivals and assuming that Horan plays, I think UQ has it.
UQ by 24
GPS at home playing the Bank
Another hard day for GPS, however there must be a rally somewhere there, COM'ON BOYS!!!
The Bank by 26
Norths at home to Brothers
Brother's played very well against Easts last week (from what I heard equal to The Bank win earlier). If that's the case and IF they are consistent then they should provide for a comfortable win.
Brothers by 28

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Nick Dobell seems to be holding his cards close to his chest this week. Come on Nick lay them out, what are your picks for round 11?

Nick Dobell

Bob McCowan (2)
Nick Dobell seems to be holding his cards close to his chest this week. Come on Nick lay them out, what are your picks for round 11?

Sorry, waiting on the late mail! Not really.

Bond by 12
Uni by 18
Sunnybank by 55 (believe Sunnybank are very good and getting better)
Norths by 7 (Norths better than results suggest. Brothers will expect to win, may well do that but tipping an upset!)

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
HTC, my favourite part of your score updates was how Easts scored 4 points in the 2nd half.

I am thinking either a try from the 1980's (4 points)
or a penalty goal + a league field goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.