• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
May as well throw my hat in the ring for a few players for the Norths v Souths Colts game excluding the obvious 20's players:

North:
Conor Moroney(7 for Uni)
Sam Wallis(8 for Uni)
Big Emmanuel(Lock for Brothers)
Effie Maafu(Wests Hooker)
Wests half-back(no idea of his name but has blonde hair)
Jordan Tupai(Norths)

Jac Van Eeden? Wests half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Whilst a good prospect, I haven't yet pictured where he will actually play in the future. Part of me says #15, maybe #12, but I really think he could be a very good #9. Why the move to Queensland??
He told me he did not enjoy it down in "Aerial Ping Pong" land. Was chasing a look into possibly playing sevens and keeping his 15's going at the same time in Australian rugby nursery.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
We seem to be missing a few tipsters this week. Nick Dobell, Phatmik, Refabit and New Recruit have been quiet this week?? Maybe keeping us in suspense till the last minute.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Round 13 so far.
NCWK
Bond by 8
Brothers by 25
Easts by 17
UQ by 6
Happy to Chat
Bond by 12
Brothers by 20
Easts by 15
UQ by 10
Sage
Bond by 16
Brothers by 18
Easts by 15
UQ by 8

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
We seem to be missing a few tipsters this week. Nick Dobell, Phatmik, Refabit and New Recruit have been quiet this week?? Maybe keeping us in suspense till the last minute.

They love keeping us in suspense, especially Phatmik. May get to the brothers v geeps game tomorrow. Whom am I watching from gps?

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
They love keeping us in suspense, especially Phatmik. May get to the brothers v geeps game tomorrow. Whom am I watching from gps?

Can't say I've seen too much of Geeps 38-0 first round game 5 to Bond and they have not won a game yet. Hopefully they can do one on the Brethren haha. That would cause some banter. Go Geeps!!

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Quite a few out from Brothers against Geeps as well, in addition to the 4 out already, we have an additional two: #7 exams and #10 concession. So more from Colts 1; the replacements thus far have been outstanding against much heavier competition over the last 3 weeks. True Blue's those young men.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Bond vs Sunnybank- Bond by 7
Brothers vs GPS - Brothers by 18
Norths vs East's - East's by 21
UQ vs Wests - UQ by 20

phatmik

Herbert Moran (7)
Apologies in the tardiness of my tips but I just only regained conciousness after picking myself off the floor. Someone told me that George Smith was coming to play for Qld and rumour has it that John Eales and Tim Horan are just waiting on their clearances from Fox to play as well.

Pardon my lack of humour but Colts program .... What Colts program...

Anyways this weekend, some real belters of some games coming up.

Bond at home to Sunnybank
Cream really rising to the top. I got it wrong against the Brothers game when the bank played them. Nothing new there from me but I reckon Bond are really coming home with a wet sail
Bond by 12

Brothers host GPS
The Souths GPS game was atrocious. Lack of discipline Lack of structured cohesion Plenty of emotion. Roll your eyes at me as I keep saying thus but I do see talent particularly at warm up (skills, passing accuracy and structure etc) just stops when the ref blows time on. Shame but Brothers will build their momentum on this game
Brothers by 15

Norths vs East's
Norths are pumped after their Prem boys rolled Wests at Ballymore. A 19yo Norths Colts prop debuted that game and played well from all reports. Confidence and enthusiasm is infectious and I rate this Norths team
Norths by 5

UQ vs Wests
3-4 weeks ago I did think Wests would gain some momentum from the bye and step up but now unsure. UQ are difficult to beat at the best of time but at home nigh impossible. Changed my mind
UQ by 12

Souths Prem Colts v BBC (trial match)
A rare occasion for an afternoon of fun. Be also interesting to watch this lock from BBC who recently signed with Melbourne.

No idea on the Union vs Confederate u20's match

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Thank god the rain has stopped. Burgers are on me

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Wow Easts caused a surprise and a blow outs in the points difference.

Close with Bond and UQ; can't wait for some reports.

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
Wow Easts caused a surprise and a blow outs in the points difference.

Close with Bond and UQ; can't wait for some reports.

Watched Easts on the weekend and they could have won by more. Their backs were unstoppable in patches and Norths had no answer to east's passing game, speed or tackling, Easts stuffed up 2-3 tries out wide within 5m of the try line (bad passes and handling errors).
Norths were the bigger side in the forwards but struggled in the set piece. They constantly were beaten in the line outs or struggled to the ball in straight. Easts scrums and play at the breakdowns was dominate and gave their backs time to set and execute their set plays. East No 1 tackled everything and everyone and also made 2-3 steals in the breakdowns (not the biggest prop in the comp but high work rate)
Easts No 12 broke the line on many occasions and exposing the Norths back line to deal with the Easts fast outside backs and clever passing game. Easts No 9 also dominated and played the perfect serial pest game, frustrating the Norths forwards with his pace, kicking game and step.
Not a great day for Norths on their Heritage Day and also not being able to play on the main field due to the damage caused by the flooding last weekend.
Easts will cause some headaches for some teams in the future if they play like this for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.