• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD COLTS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
One of my mates was at Brother game and said that Bond went uncontested the whole game, is this True???
That's a bit on the nose???

also they put 60 on bond, hard to see anyone challenge them

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
yep. Good on them. must have been a good game to watch. Souths just can't get a win against the top sides!!

Yes William , if that is your real name. It’s hard to see Souths being a serious threat, the only team I think is a threat to brothers is Sunnybank if and big if they get all players back from prem mens

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Speaking of the Legs, his battle with Shea on the wing was very good and entertaining to watch at least I thought so. Seeing across the competition, it's becoming more and more predictable as we move towards Finals, upsets will come and there will soon be 4 left.

I'm picking the last 4 to be.

1 Brothers
2 Wests
3 Souths
4 Sunnybank
Final 4 for mine
1 Brothers
2 Wests
3 Sunnybank
4 UQ
Question. With the Reds not making the finals, is Petaia going to play with his mates at Wests"?

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Tips for the week

5 from 5 last week

UQ (5) v Norths (9) UQ have had a couple of unfortunate losses and you wonder if some boys are away with Uni holidays. They should still have too much for North's who have developed as a team this year. UQ by 14

Brothers (1) V Sunnybank (4) The Bank really need this one as only 2 points seperate 3rd from 5th. While be pumped up and put in a good show I just cannot see them getting close to what is an excellent Brothers team. Brothers by 4 tries.

Bond (7) V Souths (3) For mine the game of the round. Bond are a good team but too far back to to play finals. I tip Souths in a very close encounter Souths By 7

Wests (2) V GPS (6) West will have too much firepower for GPS. this game will be the final nail in the GPS season. Wests By 20

Easts (8) v Logan (10) Logan will fancy there chances against a the team that they beat in the first round. However Easts have improved a lot since then while Logan have regressed. Easts by 30

It will be interesting to see which one of Souths, Sunnybank and UQ miss out. It could well come down to the last round with UQ V Souths being a play in game.

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
Tips for the week.

UQ (5) v Norths (9) UQ will be feeling braver than a Kings boy at the inter-collegiate rowing regatta in this one. Norths have been playing for pride in their last few games and are yet to gain much! UQ by 8 boat lengths or 45 points.

Brothers (1) V Sunnybank (4) Brothers at home and getting ready to rest players no doubt. Have they done it this week as team lists not out yet. Sunnybank on the other hand, do they chase Brothers second loss of the season and risk losing players for the next three weeks in doing so? Tough call here. Me personally for Sunnybank, any player 50-50 would be rested to chase three from three in the last few rounds. Brothers by a considerable margin.

Bond (7) V Souths (3) Well Bond disappointed last week. Their season is GONE! They can sleep now..... They are playing for pride and to upset the 3rd through 5th placed teams. Souths on the other hand must win this one to have any chance. I give it to Souths by 12 points.

Wests (2) V GPS (6) GPS must win this one if they have any chance of a top four finish. Wests proved me wrong AGAIN last week and won it where I thought they would lose it, in the last 10-15 minutes. Great player rotation from the Wests management. Oh I don't know on this one. Wests every time I tip against you, you win. This time you deserve the favouritism though, Wests by 22.

Easts (8) v Logan (10) Easts were unlucky last week. Points spread only came in the last 7 minutes after they lost Webster. Logan, what is going on? I thought two forfeits and you are OUT!! I hope East see some open space and win by a massive margin, they deserve it.

Final 4 for me;
1: Brothers
2: Wests
3: Souths
4: Sunnybank

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Just tried looking for this weeks teamsheets and none up so looked at last week and noticed that GPS had copped yet another yellow card. So had a look over the season.

GPS are the most undisciplined team in the comp with 10 yellow cards. Yes 10. The average per team is just over 4. So they are killing it as the worst outliers. Sometimes a yellow can be unlucky in the moment. But this is a fairly damning pattern and probably a pointer to why this team is struggling to make the finals when I believe they have a good roster of players.

The next most undisciplined team is Brothers with 6 yellow or red cards. Half of these, unbelievably, are from the one player, Stanghon, with two yellows and a red card already. A card in almost every three games for one player!!! From memory there were a few cards handed out in the Prem Colts GF last year, so refs are not afraid to hand out these tough decisions in season deciders, so Brother must find their discipline quicksmart.

At the other end, the Outliers for the most disciplined when measuring by least red and yellow Cards are Uni with three cards (with two in one match) and Wests with only two yellow cards so far.

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
Tips for the week

5 from 5 last week

UQ (5) v Norths (9) UQ have had a couple of unfortunate losses and you wonder if some boys are away with Uni holidays. They should still have too much for North's who have developed as a team this year. UQ by 14

Brothers (1) V Sunnybank (4) The Bank really need this one as only 2 points seperate 3rd from 5th. While be pumped up and put in a good show I just cannot see them getting close to what is an excellent Brothers team. Brothers by 4 tries.

Bond (7) V Souths (3) For mine the game of the round. Bond are a good team but too far back to to play finals. I tip Souths in a very close encounter Souths By 7

Wests (2) V GPS (6) West will have too much firepower for GPS. this game will be the final nail in the GPS season. Wests By 20

Easts (8) v Logan (10) Logan will fancy there chances against a the team that they beat in the first round. However Easts have improved a lot since then while Logan have regressed. Easts by 30

It will be interesting to see which one of Souths, Sunnybank and UQ miss out. It could well come down to the last round with UQ V Souths being a play in game.
Looking at who out of Souths, Sunnybank and Uni make it... Assuming there are no upsets in games aginst the lower teams; and Bank or Uni lose to Brothers and Wests by > 7; and each team picks up equal bonus points in their other wins, Uni can only make it if they beat Souths by > 7 and the loser of Bank v Souths does not get a bonus point. The odds are not in their favour.
Yes, there are a lot of assumptions but life is not fun without 'em.

Reactions: vac

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
No Real upsets on the weekend, that being said it was very close to some upsets. Some big games when down to the wire. There are some massive games coming up over the next 3 weeks that will have direct results on who can come 3rd and 4th. Would everyone agree it now comes down to Souths, Uni and Sunnybank. I think GPS and Bond to far gone. I predict the following, Brothers, Wests, Sunnybank, Souths. I think Uni good enough just don't have the draw coming home, happy to be wrong. What does everyone else think?

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
No Real upsets on the weekend, that being said it was very close to some upsets. Some big games when down to the wire. There are some massive games coming up over the next 3 weeks that will have direct results on who can come 3rd and 4th. Would everyone agree it now comes down to Souths, Uni and Sunnybank. I think GPS and Bond to far gone. I predict the following, Brothers, Wests, Sunnybank, Souths. I think Uni good enough just don't have the draw coming home, happy to be wrong. What does everyone else think?

Trotter yep getting to the business end of the season.

Within three rounds to go look the games are as follows.

Sunnybank 42 points Have Bond , Souths, Logan. As I see it. Bond is a tough game as they beat the bank in the first round and only just lost to Souths on the weekend. They beat Souths round one. They then finish with the guaranteed 5 points agains Logan.

UQ 43 Points have Wests, Easts, Souths. Wests are a benchmark team so that will be tough. They should have an easy win against Easts and I see the game against Souths being a play in game for position on the final day.

Souths 45 Points have the tough run against GPS, Sunnybank and UQ. They should beat GPS this weekend. But then have the tough run against the Bank and UQ. They have not beaten a team in the top five so they have to break new ground.

Souths 45 Points W,?,? Guaranteed 50 Points
UQ 43 Points L,W,? Guaranteed 48 Points
Sunnybank 42 points W,?,W Guaranteed 51 points

For mine 52 points guarantees you finals and the team that will have the most influence on the ladder is Souths with them playing both of the other contenders who they lost to in round one. The Bank has the easiest run having beaten Souths in round one and playing two teams with nothing to play for.

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
Where have all the pundits gone???

Round 16, good luck picking 5 from 5 this week Frotter. Round 15 saw some very close and interesting results with the "top 4" sneaking by with close wins. I see this week going;

Norths (9) V East (8): Norths led 10 - 0 last week against UNI. WOW! Easts on the other hand put 6 or so tries past Logan. This one will be very close and I give home ground advantage to Norths. Going down to the wire, Norths by 8.

Sunnybank (5) V Bond (7): Sunnybank found Brother's achilles heel last week, make it rain!! Seriously though, the Bank were bloody good and very unlucky. They need to take this form into the final three weeks. Bond on the other hand gave Souths a real scare. If the coaching staff of the Bank can pick them up again for this week's clash it will be Bank by 24.

Wests (2) V UNI (4): Wests were less than convincing last week against GPS and will need to find combination early if they are to get over UNI. UNI on the other hand are on knifes edge and need to win 2 of their last 3. Do they rest players this week and hope for 2 from 2 heading into the finals. I give this to Wests who seem to be going into the final stages of fixtures injury free! Wests by 18.

Souths (3) V GPS (6): This could go any way. Souths were meant to have an easy game last week against Bond, well this didn't happen. A penalty try sealed the win! GPS nearly got away with one against Wests. Souths must win this one at home and they will. Souths by 16.

Brothers (1) V Logan (10): Brothers got the scare they needed last week. If not for a real team effort from Brothers, Sunnybank would have gotten the marbles. Logan's end of season games get no easier. Brothers by a bonus point in this one.

At the end of this round I see the table as being:

Brothers (1) 72 points
Wests (2) 69 points
Souths (3) 49 points
Sunnybank (4) 47 points
UNI (5) 43 points
GPS (6) 33 points
Bond (7) 32 points
Easts (8) 19 points
Norths (9) 17 points
Logan (10) -1 points

Reactions: vac

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
The Bank v Souths game of the round. If my math is correct, the winner locks in a finals berth.
Knock out finals start this weekend for UQ.
Loose and it's all over.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Getting to the pointy end of the season now. My tips for the week

UQ v GPS GPS now playing for pride but it won't be enough UQ by plenty (40)
Easts V West Easts have battled manfully all year and are my tip for big improvement next year. Wests by plenty (30)
Sunnybank v Souths This is the game of the round. Sunnybank beat Souths well in the first round and will fancy their chances. Souths have not beaten a team in the top five this year and have to beat either the bank or uni to play finals if they lose both they finish 5th. Should Sunnybank lose this game they will rely on Souths beating UQ and finishing level on points with points differential getting them home as they have Logan next week so will probably end up with a points differential of about +200 . I will back Souths in a very close game. less than 7
Bond V Logan Logan have done well to make it to the end of the season. Bond by 50 at home
Brother v Norths Norths are also a team on the rise for next year. They have steadily improved all year. Brother are the benchmark team and rightly so with Wests are favourites for the big dance. Brothers by 50.

52 points is still the magic number to play finals

Over to you boys

steveadams12

Frank Nicholson (4)
With the backend of the season now here, what is everyone’s opinion on what the NRC 19’s sides are/should be looking like?

Will Smith

Peter Burge (5)
With the backend of the season now here, what is everyone’s opinion on what the NRC 19’s sides are/should be looking like?

The teams will be Brothers/Wests dominated, with the exception of Souths, Sunnybank, and UQ having a few players in. As for players its hard to say who will and won't make it, there are frontrunners for positions but no guaranteed picks

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Perhaps I am cynical but I expect the selectors to pick the usual suspects. I have not seen anyone out and about so the status quo will remain. There have been boys who have made tremendous progression this year who have not have not been on the radar so they will be ignored in favour of the boys who have been picked a few years in a row.

Will Smith

Peter Burge (5)
Perhaps I am cynical but I expect the selectors to pick the usual suspects. I have not seen anyone out and about so the status quo will remain. There have been boys who have made tremendous progression this year who have not have not been on the radar so they will be ignored in favour of the boys who have been picked a few years in a row.

Usual suspects meaning, boys selected for rep teams in the past? Also, I believe there are some boys outside the "status quo" worthy of a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.