1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Representative Team - 2011

Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by RugbyInterest, May 23, 2011.

1. jddd

lads officials/coaches are in the meeting as we speak.dont expect any teams to be releases untill tomorrow
  2. redsfan123

From memory they didnt get released till 9:30 or 10:30 last year, when they were supposed to be up around 7:30. Im sure as soon as it's decided tonight it will be posted
    Swarley likes this.
  3. Swarley Bob Loudon (25)

Just heard from a mate, pretty controversial selections. Didn't get the whole team.

GPS1:

9. Gale (NC)
    10. Brittain (NC)
    11. Hunt (NC)
    12. Tuttle (NC)
    13. Soape (ACGS)
    14. Elliot (TSS)
    15. Bowen (IGS)

Grant Davies is on the GPS 2 bench.
    jddd likes this.
  4. brandonk

teams got picked a while ago mate. meeting was at 6ish. i know the gps 1 backline. but ill wait to see the full team
  5. fourgreatkids

care to tell us the backline then?
    abcde and Swarley like this.
  6. brandonk

jks hes already said it above ^^
  7. brandonk

wait no thats wrong, hunt 15 tgs fella 11
  8. MessyDubbs Guest

so it looks like nudgee took control of the process?
  9. light Peter Fenwicke (45)

That's alot of NC. Big surprise is the demotion of Meehan for me. Davies was a little off so that could be expected, but from all reports Meehan was going strong.

Tipping some big shocks in the forward pack, expect a few ACGS if the backline is NC
    Swarley likes this.
  10. MessyDubbs Guest

personally surprised by the exclusion of greene (bgs) and the inclusion of hunt and gale (both NC). has hunt played fullback?
  11. jddd

well i stand down i was wrong. davies and meehan have every right to be annoyed at the process, this leaves them little chance at a qld spot with the amount of game time and notice given to gps 3, unless they change the system to account for the more broader range of talent
  12. Phoenix Stan Wickham (3)

any word on forward pack

and then also the release of the teams .. like the rest of them
  13. jddd

Well i stand down, i was wrong..well done brittain. And well done the rest of the nc boys who took everyone by surprise. It happens every year, they are never has predicted for good or bad. Davies and Meehan to have every right to be filthy of the process, i understand its ashort season to scope the most talented but you wouldnt see genia and cooper being dropped from the wallabies after a few dodgy games at the reds.
  14. brandonk

Craig Hunt is a fullback?
  15. hurge

Surprised not to see Meehan and greene in there, when do the teams get posted?
    Swarley likes this.
  16. jddd

its the cox brothers all over again
  17. hurge

Wat happened to them?
    Phoenix likes this.
  18. jddd

big names last year that missed out on gps this time last year
  19. Watcher Bob McCowan (2)

I am somewhat bemused by all this comment on the GPS 1 back line...Unless i'm told differently the sides have not been released yet.
  20. Phoenix Stan Wickham (3)

they havent been realsed publically, but people who are in the team know and people find out through texts and stuff

soo the teams havent formally been released but are already known