• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
BGS d GT 24-7
Lewis Radford (11) straight after the kick off. Broken collarbone? Looks serious
Radford has been in and out all season after a stunning season in 2011. Really bad luck for the school captain, would have loved to see him face up against NC.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
So final results for the round

BGS d GT 24-7
IGS d ACGS 29-12
TGS d BSHS 36-28
TSS d BBC 29-12
NC bye.

This means that the game between BGS and NC at Ross will decide the outright premiers if I'm correct.

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
1st XV Points ladder -
1 BGS, NC, IGS(Bye to come) - 12
4 TSS 10
5 TGS 8
6 ACGS, BBC 3
8 BSHS, GT 2

Round 9: TSS v GT; NC v BGS; BBC v TGS; ACGS v BSHS; IGS Bye

How did BSHS play today? Im very suprised the scoreline was that close against early favourites TGS.

U

Usain Bolt

Edited

What a game it was! Highlights included grammar being marched 50m for backchatting to the ref as well as a good old schoolboy brawl in the end as gt crossed the line. In the end the gt prevailed as 12-0 victors. I recall seeing the head of terrace rugby and vice principal having heavily heated discussions with grammar staff. How Intresting, would have loved to heard what was said.

On more important matters, anY news on the BSHS VS TGS and TSS VS BBC?
TGS 36 BSHS 28

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
Today Greene played in a quade like fashion (Flyhalf in attack, fullback in defence)-has this always been played by grammar?

R

rugby124

Does anyone have confirmation about Radford's broken collarbone? Grammar captains seem to have bad luck at tennyson...

gpsrugby2012

Stan Wickham (3)
Any news about NC against Downlands? Did they rest their whole 1st XV and if not, were there any injuries to anyone? I've heard rumours around the town that the final at Ross Oval is expecting 5000-1000 spectators to witness the NC vs BGS clash.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Anyone know if Matt Marsden is going to be well enough to play against NC or if Nick Anderson will be having a run?

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
Anyone know if Matt Marsden is going to be well enough to play against NC or if Nick Anderson will be having a run?
Did Marsden go down at the end to Daniel Sitanelei? If so BGS could be facing some weakness on the wings with their two starters out

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Any news about NC against Downlands? Did they rest their whole 1st XV and if not, were there any injuries to anyone? I've heard rumours around the town that the final at Ross Oval is expecting 5000-1000 spectators to witness the NC vs BGS clash.

I would be expecting 4000+ at Ross oval next week.
The BGS vs TSS game had over 2000 supporters and the game was minimally hyped up. The annual Downlands vs TGS game apparently picked up 10,000 supporters aswell. Nice to see the interest in GPS rugby so high.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Greene got chucked around by Daniel Sitaleni like a ragdoll after pushing him from the back. Remember Sitaleni is 3 years younger than Greene too.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
I would be expecting 4000+ at Ross oval next week.
The BGS vs TSS game had over 2000 supporters and the game was minimally hyped up. The annual Downlands vs TGS game apparently picked up 10,000 supporters aswell. Nice to see the interest in GPS rugby so high.
Some Nudgee old boys say they are expecting 10,000.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Seeing the whole incident from a distance I mightn't be fully reliable, but it looked like Sitaleni held Greene down and pushed him on the ground, to which Greene gave him a little shove when getting up. Next thing Green got thrown a good 5 metres. Quite astounding sight.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Seeing the whole incident from a distance I mightn't be fully reliable, but it looked like Sitaleni held Greene down and pushed him on the ground, to which Greene gave him a little shove when getting up. Next thing Green got thrown a good 5 metres. Quite astounding sight.
yeah I missed what Daniel did but I wouldn't expect Greene to push him in the back for nothing. Also for Lakeym not too be sent off for the shoulder charge on Larosa and then Sitaleni was sent off for his was abit unfair to the terrace boys

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
yeah I missed what Daniel did but I wouldn't expect Greene to push him in the back for nothing. Also for Lakeym not too be sent off for the shoulder charge on Larosa and then Sitaleni was sent off for his was abit unfair to the terrace boys
I was pretty surprised that he didn't get a yellow. As soon as I saw the tackle I was really just hoping not to get a red and have him out of the NC game. So many people have been sent off for similar misdemeanors, but I think the difference was Lakeym attempted to use arms in his tackle, while other simply go straight in. There could have also been a warning to both sides after Lakeym's hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.