• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Also, would the Grammar posters like TheKing, and SamoanNo8 etc stop posting here. You are really taking away from your teams victory by speaking nonsense on this forum

Congratulations to BGS - but please dont ruin the victory by posting ridiculous comments on here.

Not going to lie, I chuckled quite a bit..

G

Goldcoastie

I think this argument about horns etc is ridiculous.

As an impartial spectator, I didnt hear any remarks about Greene's mother or a horn. The game is over.

Also, would the Grammar posters like TheKing, and SamoanNo8 etc stop posting here. You are really taking away from your teams victory by speaking nonsense on this forum.

On a lighter note - It was good to see someone topple the infamous NC. I though for sure 25 mins in that nudgee were going to be too strong but I was certainly mistaken. Josh Birch, Zach Laud and Matt Marsden all had fantastic games. As did Tuttle, Mafi and several other nudgee players whos names I do not know.

Congratulations to BGS - but please dont ruin the victory by posting ridiculous comments on here.

Best of luck to all teams next season.

As someone who has enjoyed this forum all year and even though I am a diehard TSS supporter, your comment about TheKing and SamoanNo8 is just pathetic. This is an open forum and anyone and everyone is entitled to their opinion, that's what makes it interesting - no restrictions about who can say what. TheKing just saw his current or old school win a premiership. Why wouldn't he say that they are the greatest?? He even said that this was just his opnion. So mate, I think it is YOU who should no longer post here. Rather you should go and GET A LIFE if comments like that upset you.

G

Gregan

As someone who has enjoyed this forum all year and even though I am a diehard TSS supporter, your comment about TheKing and SamoanNo8 is just pathetic. This is an open forum and anyone and everyone is entitled to their opinion, that's what makes it interesting - no restrictions about who can say what. TheKing just saw his current or old school win a premiership. Why wouldn't he say that they are the greatest?? He even said that this was just his opnion. So mate, I think it is YOU who should no longer post here. Rather you should go and GET A LIFE if comments like that upset you.

Theres a difference between celebrating and arrogance. Calling other schools shit is pretty appalling. As is saying he thinks they are the best schoolboy rugby team ever. Those are not very modest comments in victory.

Thanks for the advice ill get a life as soon as possible.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Can't you lot just behave? This is a schoolboy forum but that doesn't involve acting like one...

Grammar won, Nudgee Lost

Final Score 35 - 24

Crowd of between 5000 - 10000 at Ross oval

Standouts: Greene, Marsden, Tuttle, Cornelson, Blackhurst...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Can't you lot just behave? This is a schoolboy forum but that doesn't involve acting like one.

Grammar won, Nudgee Lost

Final Score 35 - 24

Crowd of between 5000 - 10000 at Ross oval

Standouts: Greene, Marsden, Tuttle, Cornelson, Blackhurst.

This.
Read and digest this advice.

runitstraight

Frank Row (1)
Whats the history with Greene?

I heard he started out at Churchie and left due to attitude problems , then when they beat ACGS this year the headmaster wouldnt shake his hand?

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Rnd 9 GPS results
1st: TSS 27 d GT 17; ACGS 32 d BSHS 10; TGS 24 d BBC 16; BGS 37 d NC 24
16A: GT 29 d TSS 12; BSHS 26 d ACGS 17; TGS 28 d BBC 15; NC22 BGS14
15A: TSS 33 d GT 0; ACGS 12 d BSHS 7; TGS 26 d BBC 12
14A: GT 19 d TSS 5; BSHS 20 d ACGS 10; TGS 66 d BBC 5
13A: GT 39 d TSS 5; BSHS 17 d ACGS 12; TGS 50 d BBC 5

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
ScreenHunter_006.jpg

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
As much as i hate to say it, congratulations on the great season. Dont agree that they would be the best GPS team ever but....
How was Greene's game apart from his perfect kicking, he doesn't have a huge spark in his attack which he lacks at fullback but at 10 he distributes a great pill which is all you need really.

Now onto next season. GT 16A's got up over premiers TSS 16A's yesterday whilst missing 9 players to the 1st XV is this a positive sign for GT next year. Still backing NC for next years premiership. Finally on a topic that is beginning to anger me. Kids repeating! Some rules need to be made to stop this. If you really feel the need to repeat to improve your "schooling marks" should you be allowed to play in the 1st XV. It doesn't make the competition very fair on anyone playing at the real age. Does anyone know if the new QLD schooling system which will work off the financial year could change this? If your going to import and give out scholarships do it right and get a good bunch of rugby players into grade 8 or 9 and if by grade 12 they are still good at rugby you've made a good choice. Nudgee do it right IMO

redwhiteblue95

Stan Wickham (3)
Although the red white blue didn't have much to play for yesterday, Terrace looked quite impressive given their results for the year.

redwhiteblue95

Stan Wickham (3)
With the reports of the number of year 11's in the Firsts, in addition to the results of the 16's it looks like TSS, GT, BBC and Nudgee will be the teams to beat.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Although the red white blue didn't have much to play for yesterday, Terrace looked quite impressive given their results for the year.

have to agree i think the 2 weeks against State high and nudgee for terrace lost all their credibility for the great work they have done. Shame about yesterday GT had a 2 on 1 and threw the pass that was a sure thing try and would have won GT the game but the player went for the ball and scored a full field try which sealed it for TSS but thats rugby. It was an even game IMO

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
With the reports of the number of year 11's in the Firsts, in addition to the results of the 16's it looks like TSS, GT, BBC and Nudgee will be the teams to beat.

Its a bit worrying to see the amount of players in the firsts for BBC in the 16's age group who are on scholarships when meanwhile their 16a's loose by 15+ points each game. Also its hard not to tip this years premiers to not be favourites for next year although that being said, its how you interpret the importance of Greene.

redwhiteblue95

Stan Wickham (3)
have to agree i think the 2 weeks against State high and nudgee for terrace lost all their credibility for the great work they have done. Shame about yesterday GT had a 2 on 1 and threw the pass that was a sure thing try and would have won GT the game but the player went for the ball and scored a full field try which sealed it for TSS but thats rugby. It was an even game IMO
the 10, 12, 13. any of them there next year for terrace? had some serious game

Status
Not open for further replies.