• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
woops I thought they were playing State High. good job from the light dark blue but the BBC team isn't what it was a few weeks ago. Today they would have been missing Lolo Fakioselia, Tom Banks, Josh Bowen, Gareth Kallell and Brayden Hood. Without those players they arnt as good a team that put up that great game versus GT. But I don't know about any grammar injuries but they returned from Rugby camp yesterday and wouldn't have been 100%. Were their only 2 trial games today?

BBC were without Kallell, Hood, Fakaosilea and Banks (isn't he out for a lot of the season anyway?). Josh Bowen played at fullback. BGS were without Greene, Aiono, Cornelsen and Radford. So both sides were missing a lot of key players.

Impressive result from GT however, their season is looking promising. A massive improvement from last year. Mid-table finish is well within reach for them.

gbanger

Peter Burge (5)
I don't understand why terrace were taking penalty shots at goal in the trial match against nudgee. Speldwinde #4 for nudgee injury was only a stinger and will be back next week. #1 sikimeti injury is a little more serious but won't miss too many matches

J

John Coffee

BSHS defeated Ipswich 14-7. Lacklustre game in the mud sodden Fursden rd fields. I wouldnt read much into the win as both teams played with less than their share of first string players in less than ideal conditions. The State High forwards again, proved better than their backs. In the collision they stood their own but certainly wasn't made easy by Ipswiches determination. I'm puzzled however because I would have expected Ipswich's player depth to exceed that of State High. I didn't see much evidence of that on the day. Starte High was near strength save 2-3 players were unavailable for this trial. Which I would have expected Ipswich to field depth players that would have indicated the strength of their player stocks. This would have assisted to inform of the degree Ipswich could move up-a-cog further than State-High in the season contest.

G

Getzy

Great performance by GT yesterday against a good Nudgee outfit. GT looked promising in the late stages of the game, however the first 20 minutes of the game is where they let themselves down, much like their match against BBC a few weeks ago. Looked to be a full strength side apart from fullback Tom Given running the water. Is he injured of does anyone know why he wasn't playing?

V

vuna goona

I don't understand why terrace were taking penalty shots at goal in the trial match against nudgee.

i think teams could be trying to mirror the way they could be playing throughout the year. whilst teams wouldn't have shown a lot, certain teams with gun goalkickers, will be looking to take points as often as possible. as this was the last trial before the season, and the shocking conditions, i think teams and terrace would have been focusing on a possible strategy and could see them taking a lot of penalties throughout the year.

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
My predictions for the seasons are as follows:

1.Nudgee (undefeated)
2.Southport (loss to nc)
3.Churchie (losses to nc, tss)
4.Toowoomba (losses to nc, tss, acgs, bgs)
Terrace (losses to nc, tss, acgs, tgs)
Grammar (losses to nc, tss, acgs, gt)
7.State High (losses to everyone except igs, bbc)
8.Ipswich (losses to everyone except bbc)
9.College (losses to everyone)

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
My predictions for the seasons are as follows:

1.Nudgee (undefeated)
2.Southport (loss to nc)
3.Churchie (losses to nc, tss)
4.Toowoomba (losses to nc, tss, acgs, bgs)
Terrace (losses to nc, tss, acgs, tgs)
Grammar (losses to nc, tss, acgs, gt)
7.State High (losses to everyone except igs, bbc)
8.Ipswich (losses to everyone except bbc)
9.College (losses to everyone)

Fair post, it just goes how to show how close this years competition really is. Top 3 could go either way and in my opinion the same goes to positions 4-9, however i do not see them finishing higher then third bar, TGS. Injurys and how well the boys play together as a team will be the difference. State high, ipswich and bbc would also be my prediction for a bottom three finish however, i can easily see them placing in the middle of the ladder. Looking forward to a cracker of a season.

UP THE BLUE AND WHITE

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Great performance by GT yesterday against a good Nudgee outfit. GT looked promising in the late stages of the game, however the first 20 minutes of the game is where they let themselves down, much like their match against BBC a few weeks ago. Looked to be a full strength side apart from fullback Tom Given running the water. Is he injured of does anyone know why he wasn't playing?

Tom Given received a shoulder injury in QLD trials and I believe that he is able to play on it but they didn't want to take the risk with him being probably the best goal kicker in the competition. Terrace has a bye the coming weekend and I would imagine that he will be tested again along with a few other key players. I think that James Dalgleish copped a spray from his coach for taking the penalty kick early in the game. Which teams play who this weekend and what are some predictions?

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Ladies and gentlemen the season is finally upon us, and we have:
BBC vs NC
TGS vs ACGS @ TGS
TSS vs IGS
BSHS vs BGS
GT with the BYE, to play Downlands

V

vuna goona

Ladies and gentlemen the season is finally upon us, and we have:
BBC vs NC
TGS vs ACGS @ TGS
TSS vs IGS
BSHS vs BGS
GT with the BYE, to play Downlands
winners- NC, TGS, TSS, BGS- churchie could prove me wrong and hopefully for them they will

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
TGS seems to be the favourite for a round 1 upset, I'd be looking at the Grammar v State High game but anything can happen up the mountain.

Should start compiling an injury list,

ACGS - 8. Oppenheimer
BBC - 11. Banks, 14. Kallel
NC - 1. Sikimenti
GT -
IGS -
TSS -
TGS -
BSHS -
BGS -

morelando bloom

Peter Burge (5)
Tom Given (GT) is out for the season with a busted shoulder.
Reports are that Isaac French (GT) has also been injured, can anyone confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.