• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zonkors

Agree John Coffee, a further extension on the report for the game...

First half BBC had the majority of possession with the #8 finding himself on the end of good balls from his backs. BBC's backline dominated the half especially out wide, and this looks very promising seeing as it's a totally different backline to their first string side.

Second half a few changes were made BSHS backrow which took the field in the secondhalf excelled, moving their hooker to #8, bringing on #18 as Blindside Flanker and pushing the #8 to Openside Flanker. There go forward helped BSHS retain possession and there tight game play was very good and worked efficiently to the BSHS game plan.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
With the state teams now selected it looks like the strength of TGS has been confirmed. Even though Bougoure probably only got into QLD 1 due to a missing Wilkin from Iona, 2 starters (Bougoure/Placid) has got to mean something. Back this up with 5 other boys with queensland rep honours and it looks like TGS are going to be serious contenders. Nudgee were accurately represented by Tuttle and Sikimenti as starters and a couple of other boys. Churchie/TSS/BBC/IGS/BGS also had 3/4 players present in both QLD 1/2. Special mention to Korzyck from State high and Dalgleash from Terrace for earning the only spots from their schools.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Anyone else have serious concerns over the Nudgee back line? With the exception of Tuttle there are not too many well known faces.

1. G. Wessels
2. F. Postale
3. D. Sikimenti
4. ?
5. ?
6. H. Fitzgerald
7. J. Rodwell
8. E. Tuifao
9. James Tuttle
10. P. James
12. Jack Tuttle
13. W. Shipperly
14. ?
15. ?

16. A. Mafi
17. D. Anae

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
Anyone else have serious concerns over the Nudgee back line? With the exception of Tuttle there are not too many well known faces.

Wingers, yes. 9,10 and 12 combo looks very good at the moment with Paddy James playing well today and James Tuttle unfortunately being unable to trial due to injury. I think Will Shipperley will be playing outside centre for Nudgee this year and he is a very good player. Reid Foran will most likely play at fullback, having already received 1st XV experience last year. Nudgee may lack some finishing ability on the wing which will be a major flaw in their team.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
nudgee also have a winger named Riley who I'm pretty sure is in the Australian Talent Squad. lew Robson also got a few minutes for nudgee against TSS on the wing a few weeks ago even though he still bleeds the red and black

B

Boomboom

With the state teams now selected it looks like the strength of TGS has been confirmed. Even though Bougoure probably only got into QLD 1 due to a missing Wilkin from Iona, 2 starters (Bougoure/Placid) has got to mean something. Back this up with 5 other boys with queensland rep honours and it looks like TGS are going to be serious contenders.

Also helps when Jason Gilmore( tgs head coach) is the head of selection for qld

C

churr

Also helps when Jason Gilmore( tgs head coach) is the head of selection for qld
i completely agree, have now watched TGS in 2 trials and in both have looked unconvincing, losing to TSS with a lot of the players selected today, for them to have that many just isnt right in my opinion as a few other players have been hard done by

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think you are giving it abit too much thought guys. Some of those players have been around the QLD scene for a while, the only one I tend to question is Placid who didn't even trial. Bougoure, Potgeiter, Deck, Vanzati and co are all deserving.

A team of individuals won't win the title, lets see how they go in round 1 against Churchie who have equally as much fire power I would argue.

T

Tarabs

nudgee college have 4 front rowers that made QLD teams, does anyone know how nudgee will cater for this in the GPS rounds ? surely they won't put one of them in the 2nds, maybe one of them can play in the back row somewhere ?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
maybe one of them can play in the back row somewhere ?

6. Fitzgerald, 7. Rodwell, 8. Tuifao. No need for anymore backrowers.

Sikimenti will be playing 3, I imagine Wessels will get 1. and Postale will get 2. Leaves Mafi and Anae on the bench.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)

Sikimenti will be playing 3, I imagine Wessels will get 1. and Postale will get 2. Leaves Mafi and Anae on the bench.

no that leaves Mafi in the 16 A which people forget he is a year below

L

LightDarkBlue

How many times have you personally seen him play?

He played GPS 2 and CSS last year, I think they are rewarding consistency and reputation with his selection. I don't see how they could have picked anyone else to be honest, and thats not even a bias opinion. He is, for the moment, the best 10 in the competition, its up to the others to prove they are better.

Surprised to see Eason on the bench were we? I tried telling you that Dalgleish is far superior player than Eason. In my opinion this makes the amount of times i have seen him play is irrelevant. Dalgleish is far superior than any other flyhalf in the current cohort besides Greene, who at present is injured (2-4 weeks, he said himself). Haven't seen other state players but it wouldn't surprise me to seen Dalgliesh playing in the Australian schoolboys, reasoning behind this is that having a player of Tuttle's class playing outside him will result in James being reflected on in a greater 'light'.

C

churr

Mafi will be playing 16As with Paulo Leleisiuao, these 2 will single handedly destroy the other 16A packs and it is an absolute luxury that nudgee have the quality of front rowers to play these 2 in the 16As and Daniel Anae in the 2nds

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Haven't seen other state players but it wouldn't surprise me to seen Dalgliesh playing in the Australian schoolboys, reasoning behind this is that having a player of Tuttle's class playing outside him will result in James being reflected on in a greater 'light'.

Getting really far ahead of yourself with this prediction LBD. There are two returning #10's from Oz schools last year who have both been selected for NSW 1, David Horwitz and Jake McIntyre. They have enough 10's that they are playing Jake at 15. Tuttle was in the Australian 'A' squad last year, he is the best we have but far from the best Oz schoolboy running around this year. In fact, Jim Stewart (NSW 1) was Inside Centre for the Oz Schools team last year and is returning this year, they have moved him to 13 for NSW 1 though so Tuttle should get the gig at 12. Dalgleish will be hard pressed making Oz Schools 1 but I wouldn't be surprised if he got in the 'A' squad.

zacf01

Stan Wickham (3)
I think you are giving it abit too much thought guys. Some of those players have been around the QLD scene for a while, the only one I tend to question is Placid who didn't even trial. Bougoure, Potgeiter, Deck, Vanzati and co are all deserving.

A team of individuals won't win the title, lets see how they go in round 1 against Churchie who have equally as much fire power I would argue.

I believe Placid was injured and given the feedback on his standout performances last year at the U16s i am sure his selection is jusitified. I also believe he is held in high regard by the ARU high performance units

T

theonceblueandwhite

expecting a big year from GT with dalgleish getting some confidence under his belt with qld selection. top 3 finish along with nudgee and tgs is my best bet.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
expecting a big year from GT with dalgleish getting some confidence under his belt with qld selection. top 3 finish along with nudgee and tgs is my best bet.

as much as i would like too see this and it really could happen i don't expect it, i do expect however a top 6 finish,
although GT only have 1 QLD player and another Jack Heenan in combined states, they really play well as a team because they have played together for so long unlike teams like BBC. TGS on the other hand have plenty of QLD players yet have no win against a GPS team in trials, can anyone from up the toowoomba range fill us in on who they have played and if they played full string team

L

LightDarkBlue

Getting really far ahead of yourself with this prediction LBD. There are two returning #10's from Oz schools last year who have both been selected for NSW 1, David Horwitz and Jake McIntyre. They have enough 10's that they are playing Jake at 15. Tuttle was in the Australian 'A' squad last year, he is the best we have but far from the best Oz schoolboy running around this year. In fact, Jim Stewart (NSW 1) was Inside Centre for the Oz Schools team last year and is returning this year, they have moved him to 13 for NSW 1 though so Tuttle should get the gig at 12. Dalgleish will be hard pressed making Oz Schools 1 but I wouldn't be surprised if he got in the 'A' squad.

I will happily agree with you that he will struggle on the back of that evidence. I guess this means that Greene repeating had no point then? As he was named on the bench, under an injury cloud and the two positions he plays are filled by returning NSW schoolboy players. Tough luck for a guy, whose rugby speaks for itself

Status
Not open for further replies.