• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risky

Bob McCowan (2)
Completely agree, from the games I've seen him play he has made outstanding tackles for people who weigh a good 30 kg heavier than him. I'd like to add that what I think is his biggest asset is his outstanding speed. On any given day where he plays a full game, he makes 2 or 3 runs down the wing for at least 20 metres. I will certainly miss seeing these runs and the boost he gives the team if indeed he is injured for the NC game. Such bad luck for Grammar leading up to the crucial game of the season, Lewis would be one great player with his great agility and speed facing up to some big Nudgee boys - let's hope his injury isn't too bad.

there is a lot of depth in the grammar side. At the start of the season there were nearly 50 players in the 1st's training squad. that means that there will always be a player that has had some experience playing at 1st XV level. With Lewis Radford, there is still Kemp, Laud, Forsyth and many other seconds players that are more than ready to play on the weekend and arguably play at the standard of Radford.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
there is a lot of depth in the grammar side. At the start of the season there were nearly 50 players in the 1st's training squad. that means that there will always be a player that has had some experience playing at 1st XV level. With Lewis Radford, there is still Kemp, Laud, Forsyth and many other seconds players that are more than ready to play on the weekend and arguably play at the standard of Radford.
Yes, Grammar has so much depth, but I don't think any of those players can get the flare which Radford brings to the team. I still think BGS can just get over without Lewis, but it will be a hell of a lot harder.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
P8020227 (Large).JPG

I assume there is for the GPS winner, but I'm not sure whether they would bring it to the game. It is up to the GPS administration to whether they bring it to the game or not.

The Rugby Cup will be presented to the winning team after the game.

armatt

Fred Wood (13)
Thoughts on a possible final between 1 & 2 on the ladder after the final round? The only real issue about this would be the regularity of a tied top of the ladder - it could all get too confusing and hard to organize. Has anybody got any thoughts about how the new arrangement of sports are going? I certainly think a longer preseason in rugby got more opportunity for equal opportunity.

Taipan seems to be a part of DoubleTake filming - anyone know if there is a live stream going for the BGS v NC game?

Hi mate, I run DoubleTake.

Straight up I have to say unfortunately there won't be a live stream. To set this up relies on a fair bit of effort by and collaboration with the hosting school's IT department (we need some pretty decent bandwidth) and at this stage, only Churchie have thrown the resources at it. Hopefully with the feedback we've received this year (and some impressive viewing figures), we might be able to roll things out more widely next year - it is certainly my hope. Talks will begin with schools pretty quickly after this season wraps up.

Also, we are contracted to TGS, ACGS and BBC for this season so only set out to cover their games. However, with TGS playing BBC this weekend, I'm trying to get the spare camera to Ross (the camera is available but the operators' roster was set a while back and I'm struggling with availability). If I can get a camera there I'll certainly put a decent amount of footage up (not just the regular tries montage).

G

GPS fan

Hi mate, I run DoubleTake.

Straight up I have to say unfortunately there won't be a live stream. To set this up relies on a fair bit of effort by and collaboration with the hosting school's IT department (we need some pretty decent bandwidth) and at this stage, only Churchie have thrown the resources at it. Hopefully with the feedback we've received this year (and some impressive viewing figures), we might be able to roll things out more widely next year - it is certainly my hope. Talks will begin with schools pretty quickly after this season wraps up.

Also, we are contracted to TGS, ACGS and BBC for this season so only set out to cover their games. However, with TGS playing BBC this weekend, I'm trying to get the spare camera to Ross (the camera is available but the operators' roster was set a while back and I'm struggling with availability). If I can get a camera there I'll certainly put a decent amount of footage up (not just the regular tries montage).

Churchie have thrown resources at bandwidth and recording the games as they have a team of champions, a fantastic coach and are guaranteed to win this years premiership in their centenary year and want it recorded for posterity...........hang on any chance of arranging a hard drive failure and wiping out the whole season?

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
If I can get a camera there I'll certainly put a decent amount of footage up (not just the regular tries montage).
Perfect, thanks for clarifying. Real pity, would be a great thing to see the game and spread it around, but it is what it is. Really should be a good game and I look forward to the highlights if you can get them up and get a camera there. Should be a good season next year with more video and more live streams.

armatt

Fred Wood (13)
Churchie have thrown resources at bandwidth and recording the games as they have a team of champions, a fantastic coach and are guaranteed to win this years premiership in their centenary year and want it recorded for posterity.....hang on any chance of arranging a hard drive failure and wiping out the whole season?
mmmm we'd have to do something about the DVD archive as well ;)

F

frank Row

F

frank Row

Grammar ? Depth ? didn't their 1st XV beat TSS but their 2nds go down by 60 points ?

Status
Not open for further replies.