• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Grammar ? Depth ? didn't their 1st XV beat TSS but their 2nds go down by 60 points ?
Quite a few of BGS's players are in the 16 A's who have had a pretty good season considering 3 of their star players are in the starting firsts team. Furthermore, BGS won the 2nds game against GT, a school renowned for having very good depth in their rugby program.

B

BOLO_lol

Would have thought that TGS would win. No results on the official GPS site.

Watched this game, State high 16 A's got over TGS 4 tries to 2 i think. Quite surprising how the State high 16 A's have improved from coming almost last place in the last couple of years to i think 2nd atm

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
I was a bit disappointed with Lakehm's performance against IGS but he has been improving so much since then. For someone who hadn't played rugby in a good year, he has made such a big impact on the competition and I can assume that the backs of ACGS, GT and TSS were quivering in their boots with him standing in front of them. Let's hop that he brings the goods at the game at Ross - if his improvement throughout the season is saying anything, I have a feeling some Nudgee boys will get hit down and fail to get back up. Lakehm seems to love the spotlight so he should deliver with a crown of 7,500+.

G

GPS fan

Grammar have no depth whatsoever. The teams in the competition with the best depth are TSS and nudgee
/

Obviously your team is now watching the premiership being decided from the sidelines? So firstly assuming TSS has better depth, how did their depth help them.....not much as their season is OVER. Assuming Nudgee has better depth how has it helped them......they still have to get past BGS that apparently has no depth. Now lets look at BGS this year and its lack of depth. Lakeham out for most of the season, Anderson out for whole season, Blackhurst has missed a game, before Saturdays injury Radford had missed a game, the name escapes me but BGS lost a great No. 7 early in the season and Marsden did not play on Saturday. Thats right, BGS have no depth....

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
BGS have improved dramatically in the last few years, changing their win percentage from 20% to about 58%. Not to mention the extremely good fill ins for the many injured players. Lakehm (First XV Squad 2011), Nick Anderson (First XV 2011), Radford missing a few games, yet they still pull off some astounding wins against teams like TSS. Anybody doubting the depth of the BGS program is a fool. The 2nds beat GT, a school renowned for its depth. Even the 16 A's have had a great season despite losing 4 of their best players to the First XV.

gbanger

Peter Burge (5)
GPS fan, you fail to understand What depth is. It is the ability to compete to a high level in lower grades other than firsts and the A's.. I can confirm that BGS 4ths lost to nudgee 6ths 53-0... Now tell how that is at all depth.

G

GPS fan

GPS fan, you fail to understand What depth is. It is the ability to compete to a high level in lower grades other than firsts and the A's.. I can confirm that BGS 4ths lost to nudgee 6ths 53-0. Now tell how that is at all depth.

You are so much wiser than myself grasshopper........ obviously BGS's lack of depth has been so detrimental to their performance this season......if only BGS had depth they could have covered their injuries and have been playing off for the premiership on Saturday....wait a minute

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Almost all teams can do that in the GPS champ.
Really in the First XV and in GPS, nobody cares about depth. If they did, we would all say BSHS were terrible because they provide 2 teams in each age group, despite this, they had dominated along with NC for the last few years (disregarding this year). GT have good depth but fail at Firsts level.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
Depth refers to the entire age groups performance-schools which take in players for their first XV only will usually perform well in the firsts, possibly flowing to the seconds
But schools which have good depth should be generally winning consistantly throughout the age group-take nudgee for example

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Depth refers to the entire age groups performance-schools which take in players for their first XV only will usually perform well in the firsts, possibly flowing to the seconds
But schools which have good depth should be generally winning consistantly throughout the age group-take nudgee for example
The GT example doesn't really work though...

gbanger

Peter Burge (5)
The GT example does work. They are consistently decent throughout every grade except firsts. Whereas grammar have their first decent 1st XV team in 20 years or so and no 'depth' travelling into your lower grades

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
BGS have improved dramatically in the last few years, changing their win percentage from 20% to about 58%.

With this in mind and disregarding the pinicle of the first fifteen, would anybody be able to provide accurate information on how each school goes for percentage wins? I think it would be best only to gather the info from the A's-C's as schools such as bbc and ippy tend to be a bit few on numbers to make a D team.
Nudgee would easily be my pick as the winner thanks to their boarding house.

Status
Not open for further replies.