• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Talking to a guy a a function last night involved as ass coach of Chiefs under 20 side.
He was very complimentary of Churchie 1st xv.
He said:
1 they played kiwi rugby
2 forwards had very low body height
3 most of the time you could throw a blanket over their forwards as they worked as a pack
He asked who the forwards coach was but I did not know . Gilmour ??i think
As for BBC he said they played dumb wet weather football . At 5-3 they looked good but lost 6 line outs on their throw .
1 I told him the line out was better than last year when number 8 threw the ball in and he said "heads should roll"
2bbc had no kicking game

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
At 5-3 they looked good but lost 6 line outs on their throw .
1 I told him the line out was better than last year when number 8 threw the ball in and he said "heads should roll"
2bbc had no kicking game
They have struggled at the line out for at least 3 years straight. Why is that? Surely they should be doing set piece work?

How has Mack Mason been going? The first round or two I heard he was a bit withdrawn? I know he is a very quality 10 with a great kicking game and in the last 2 weeks of wet weather footy he must have been vital

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
After next weekends games I think we will have a better idea of the teams that are in the race to take out each age group ....
Any thoughts so far???

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
After next weekends games I think we will have a better idea of the teams that are in the race to take out each age group ..
Any thoughts so far???
I don't know about predicting each age group, but BSHS u/13 B's now have 233 point for and only 7 against - from 5 games. Pretty good effort i say.

Phantom

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yes I have been seeing this in most games TSS play, only a couple of the forwards are doing the grind work. If you want the glory runs all the time, get out and play in the backs where you can maintain your hair do. It is so evident in Australian rugby ie the wallabies, that we select the boys who look awesome running the ball and forget to select the mongrel bread ball fetchers and mugs in the ruck and mall ie something the wallabies don't have. The more I watch the GPS rugby NSW and QLD the more I see it. In NZ from under 7s to AB they have a blood lust for the ball not just the flashy runs.
Heart and sole of the TSS grind work. #1, #4, #5 and ball fetcher #7.

All this from an old outside centre hack.

TheObserver

Frank Row (1)
Yes I have been seeing this in most games TSS play, only a couple of the forwards are doing the grind work. If you want the glory runs all the time, get out and play in the backs where you can maintain your hair do. It is so evident in Australian rugby ie the wallabies, that we select the boys who look awesome running the ball and forget to select the mongrel bread ball fetchers and mugs in the ruck and mall ie something the wallabies don't have. The more I watch the GPS rugby NSW and QLD the more I see it. In NZ from under 7s to AB they have a blood lust for the ball not just the flashy runs.
Heart and sole of the TSS grind work. #1, #4, #5 and ball fetcher #7.

All this from an old outside centre hack.

I gotta agree with you on that one. GPS rugby has a habit of picking players who prefer to "seagull" in the backs rather than perform their other roles. It seems they would be perfect rugby league players than union.

Sometimes the best players on the field are the ones who rarely touch the ball. They seem to keep everything together out there. That being said, it can be hard to find that balance. Not all things on the field can be seen by coaches, selectors, etc......

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
NC v TSS First XV team list 23 Aug 2014

Nudgee / Southport
1.Jack Ireland 1. Harry Weld
2.Robbie McCafferty 2.Brad Undi
3.Gavin Luka 3.Calum Ball
4.Nick Jeffries 4.Liam Clifton
5.Jackson Evans 5.Cooper Mackenzie
6.Agassi Stowers 6.PJVan den Berg(Vcpt)
7.Tom Zappala 7.Angus Allan
8.Reece Hewat(Cpt) 8.Emery Pere
9.Elijah Pilz(VCpt) 9.Jordan Lenac
10.Liam Moseley 10.Tyler Campbell
11.Tony Hunt 11.Josh Neal
12.Calvin Pritchard 12.Jai Whitbread
13.Franklin Calugay 13.Joey Fittock
14.Tyrone Hussey 14.Dylan Riley
15.Liam Richman 15.Fred Dorough(Cpt)

I was just about to ask you for that.. Thanks :)

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Anybody got team lists for IGS and BBS 13A's - this should be one of the clashes of season - I might try and catch BBC V GT this weekend.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
I gotta agree with you on that one. GPS rugby has a habit of picking players who prefer to "seagull" in the backs rather than perform their other roles. It seems they would be perfect rugby league players than union.

Sometimes the best players on the field are the ones who rarely touch the ball. They seem to keep everything together out there. That being said, it can be hard to find that balance. Not all things on the field can be seen by coaches, selectors, etc..

I agree with your point that some of best players rarely touch the ball and it generally involves some of the boys in the tight.
But I'll disagree on the seagulling point, especially in the U14A's and all the A teams up. These guy's would be dropped and playing in the lower grades in the blink of an eye, if they were hanging out with the pretty boys.
Coaches make game plans around having a few of these big faster blokes in the wider channels, especially if they feel they are going to dominate the rucks. It creates space for these fleet footed hair gel boys to do their stuff, as that "seaguller" generally attracts a fair bit of attention wether he gets the ball or not. Just look at the AB's on the weekend, they had Coles and Read running one 15m channel, and Messam, Retalick running the other.

Nightmare

Allen Oxlade (6)
I was informed yesterday which will probably put a smile on a few peoples face that #13 for Churchie has decided to take the union path over league (which is his background)....He formally had ties with the Cowboys.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
I was informed yesterday which will probably put a smile on a few peoples face that #13 for Churchie has decided to take the union path over league (which is his background)..He formally had ties with the Cowboys.
Nightmare - has he achieved an agreement with the Reds or another Super franchise at all?

Nightmare

Allen Oxlade (6)
A
Nightmare - has he achieved an agreement with the Reds or another Super franchise at all?

ARU I was told exactly what that means in relation to franchise I have no idea.
At a guess may explain as well why his been added to the Australian schoolboys team.Having said that I can only go on what Ive seen in the GPS comp this year and knowing his background in league but very much deserved IMO

Roscoe

Frank Nicholson (4)
Has anyone got an IGS First XV teamlist?

1. Braden Schiller
2. Tevita Wolske
3. Shambeckler Vui
4. Harrison Douglas
5. Izack Rodda
6. Jaiden Fa'anana-Schultz
7. Samuel Wallace
8. Emmanuel Faaleveleve
9. Harry Parcell (C)
10. Brock Hammond
11. Connor Storck
12. Maranatha AJ Raeli
13. Ethan Page (VC)
14. Jackson Weir
15. Geoffrey Robertson

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Does anyone know anything about the REDS Elite Talent Camp? Apparently there were some invitations sent out this week for U15 ans U17 players.

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
Does anyone know anything about the REDS Elite Talent Camp? Apparently there were some invitations sent out this week for U15 ans U17 players.
These invitations have been sent to the Directors of Rugby who are giving them out to the boys at each School.

Status
Not open for further replies.