• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Under 13A - BBC 34 def IGS 5 - 6 tries to 1
Smaller BBC pack dominated the larger IGS pack and ran them around

Yes a brilliant display of running rugby by BBC 13A team . Had it all flick passes , cut outs, rolling mauls, chip kicks etc
Dear RedBlack & Jake the Peg - for your benefit you might like to know that the whole BBC 1stxv watched the game and 2 of the first xv ran the water for the 13A s.
Not to bad for school whose rugby culture you have bagged all year.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
I agree - some sensational playersin that BBC 13A team. Qld Reds be warned - a portly fellow with red hair well known for his links to the Broncos was watching and I saw him write in his notebook. "BBC 2, 12 &13 . Get names"[/quote]

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Good day of rugby at IGS today
BBC won 13A premiership 32-5
IGS won 14A 13-12 despite BBC scoring 2 tries to 1 and missing 2 simple penalty kicks
BBC won 15A 35-12
BBC won 16A by a lot
BBC won 1sts 64 to 8

Big crowd too. The tuckshop ran out of water!!

Chris Green

Frank Nicholson (4)
quote="GSP, post: 665702, member: 12343"]Yes a brilliant display of running by BBC 13A team . Had it all flick passes , cut outs, rolling mauls, chip etc
Dear RedBlack & Jake the Peg - for your benefit you might like to know that the whole BBC 1stxv watched the game and 2 of the first xv ran the water for the 13A s.
Not to bad for school whose rugby culture you have bagged all year.[/quote]

Very good game to watch. The game was a local closer than scoreboard shows as it was only 10 v 0 at halftime with a try right on halftime to BBC. IGS went very close a couple of times in the first half but some good defence and a couple of small mistakes denied IGS. BBC were the better team on the day with a stronger 2nd half performance.
IGS 1st XV also made the tunnel for the IGS boys as well as stayed to watch the game. Good crowd to watch some exciting rugby players coming up thru the ranks.

Chris Green

Frank Nicholson (4)
I agree - some sensational playersin that BBC 13A team. Qld Reds be warned - a portly fellow with red hair well known for his links to the Broncos was watching and I saw him write in his notebook. "BBC 2, 12 &13 . Get names"
[/quote]

I agree as well as IGS 8 & 6

Benchwarmer

Frank Nicholson (4)
Watch Coulston 13A BBC.....T&F Metwest captain last year....fast sprinter...strong league player and has made the complete transition to union from what I have seen...maybe the next Ponga...?.......no doubt move outwards or to 15 by the later years....I witnessed an awesome battle in the lower ages this year....12A IGS stronger than any BJRU rep or U12 state team....really good depth as evident while state champs were running.....13A BBC & IGS...imagine a combined team!....14A Nudgee, GT, IGS & TSS a string of talented lads throughout!....15A showed the skills required to take it through to the next phase of competition...well done all schools and well done to the boys!!

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
Dear The King and Monday Expert
You have impressed me all year with your knowledge.
I wonder if I can call on your wisdom to answer the following:
1) which was the better team ACGS 2014 or BSHS 2008 and why?They both dominated the whole comp.
2) they both had a number of massive victories . Who scored the most points ?

Cheers

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
Watch Coulston 13A BBC...T&F Metwest captain last year..fast sprinter.strong league player and has made the complete transition to union from what I have seen.maybe the next Ponga.?...no doubt move outwards or to 15 by the later years..I witnessed an awesome battle in the lower ages this year..12A IGS stronger than any BJRU rep or U12 state team..really good depth as evident while state champs were running...13A BBC & IGS.imagine a combined team!..14A Nudgee, GT, IGS & TSS a string of talented lads throughout!..15A showed the skills required to take it through to the next phase of competition.well done all schools and well done to the boys!!

Reds need to move quick as Broncos are watching

Status
Not open for further replies.