• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Looks like a great team @TheKing

Just wondering.so you obviously think Horan is better than Mason and Hewat is better than Gunter? Interesting decision

Not necessarily, but that's what I imagine the selectors will decide. Hewat should get in on reputation, and Mason appears to me more a league 5/8 than a union flyhalf, though many skills are transferable. Mason's skills are getting players into holes, whereas Horan is more a flyhalf in the model of Sam Greene IMO.

It's about the selectors preferences, but that's what I'd be banking on. Gunter may well have a shot in the 6 jumper, but I've heard good things about Tualima's preseason in the gym. I see Gunter as a more raw prospect. It'll be exciting to watch the games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Thanks Digby, I'd assume he'd be thrown on to the wing in GPS 2. If he does end up paired with Tyrone Southorn though I'd be concerned with the size in that backline. Is there anyone else I've missed that you believe warrants selection?

#1 Sham Vui (IGS) & #11 Ty Hussey (NC)?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
#1 Sham Vui (IGS) & #11 Ty Hussey (NC)?

I had Sham at tighthead for GPS 3, with Josvyn Sokimi his partner. Josh Webb at 2. Locks are thin down this far, maybe Zac Shepard from BSHS paired with BGS bolter Harry Bartkowski, but Callum Ball at TSS might be an option too.

In the backrow I imagine Harley Fox at 8, either Christian Malaulau or Jackson Evans (Jaidan Schultz could perform well also) at open side, with a big hole at 6 - Mckenzie Browne from southport could fit this spot.

I imagine Max Dempsey and Liam Moseley will be the halves, with Jayden Sua, Hiale Slade-Roycroft and Nikau Te-Rupelikely to be in the frame for centres. Roycroft could be a bolter for 6 as he's a league second rower, a key defensive position.

As you said, Tyrone Hussey will be involved in the back 3 somewhere, with the fullback either Rob Lane or Jayden Ngamu (depending on who gets picked for 2s). The Ipswich backline could contribute a winger here or there as both Ethan Page and AJ maraeli? both have sufficient size and speed to play Wing here. Toowoomba Grammar have recruited an inside centre who is by all accounts a rare talent, but I haven't been able to ID him.

Still too many variables to be able to definitely pick a team.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Surely there's a better half than Pilz.

I've seen him play twice, including a game for Qld Red 16's in Sydney, both times he was pretty average.

Nucifora?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Surely there's a better half than Pilz.

I've seen him play twice, including a game for Qld Red 16's in Sydney, both times he was pretty average.

Nucifora?

I was of the same opinion during the season, but when I watched the highlight tape it did enough for me. Nucifora is probably the next cab off the rank, with Dempsey behind them both

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
From what I can understand

Churchie v TGS - 11 am (def)
Nudgee v IGS - 11 am (prob)
GT v BGS - 11 am (def)

Churchie v BSHS - 11:45 am (def)
Nudgee v BBC - 11:45 am (def)
GT v TSS - 11:45 am (prob)

TGS V BSHS - 12:30 (def)
IGS v BBC - 12:30 (def)
BGS v TSS - 12:30 (def)

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
My brother was speaking to some terrace players and found out that Jack Lodder (1st XV from last year/16 A's) has finally one too many concussions and cannot play this year.

There is a rumour that a year 11 boy from BGS who played 1st XV last year is moving to terrace next term as a full fee paying student. Apparently not enjoying Grammar. Forsyth? Handy replacement

Nikau Te-Rupe may not be eligible for schoolboys because of broncos commitments and Nick Weller is a darkhouse for the GPS teams.

Terrace play TSS first and BGS from what I heard.

Should be a great day of rugby,
Get with me!

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
There is a rumour that a year 11 boy from BGS who played 1st XV last year is moving to terrace next term as a full fee paying student. Apparently not enjoying Grammar. Forsyth? Handy replacement

Terrace play TSS first and BGS from what I heard.

I just got off the phone from the director of rugby at Grammar who confirmed BGS were playing at 11 and 12:30, so I think you might be mistaken.

And cut it out with the Forsyth to Terrace rumours, they're just stupid.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
I just got off the phone from the director of rugby at Grammar who confirmed BGS were playing at 11 and 12:30, so I think you might be mistaken.

TheKing, I'm sorry mate, these are not rumours...

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
I had Sham at tighthead for GPS 3, with Josvyn Sokimi his partner. Josh Webb at 2. Locks are thin down this far, maybe Zac Shepard from BSHS paired with BGS bolter Harry Bartkowski, but Callum Ball at TSS might be an option too.

In the backrow I imagine Harley Fox at 8, either Christian Malaulau or Jackson Evans (Jaidan Schultz could perform well also) at open side, with a big hole at 6 - Mckenzie Browne from southport could fit this spot.

I imagine Max Dempsey and Liam Moseley will be the halves, with Jayden Sua, Hiale Slade-Roycroft and Nikau Te-Rupelikely to be in the frame for centres. Roycroft could be a bolter for 6 as he's a league second rower, a key defensive position.

As you said, Tyrone Hussey will be involved in the back 3 somewhere, with the fullback either Rob Lane or Jayden Ngamu (depending on who gets picked for 2s). The Ipswich backline could contribute a winger here or there as both Ethan Page and AJ maraeli? both have sufficient size and speed to play Wing here. Toowoomba Grammar have recruited an inside centre who is by all accounts a rare talent, but I haven't been able to ID him.

Still too many variables to be able to definitely pick a team.

Harry Egan for the second row job? Maybe Dooley?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
TheKing, I'm sorry mate, these are not rumours.

I just don't understand.

Doesn't Terrace reject 3/4 of all applicants in to Year 8? surely by extension they would have a waiting list triple the size of the school!

If he's gotten in midway through Year 11 then he has either been on that waiting list for a very long time, or Terrace have made an exception because he's a talented athlete. I don't believe it was the first because he had an elder brother pass through Grammar, and very happily to boot.

He's not eligible to play First XV this year now I'm fairly sure under the handshake agreement, as was the case with Richie Asiata and Hiale Roycroft. I'm still stunned. He was a bright, happy, popular young kid who was treated like a hero by just about everyone at the school.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The King no. They exclude most applicants at year 5 because of the number of classes. A lot more classes in yr 8 means it's not as tough to get in. Besides plenty of kids drop out of school around grade 10 so not unfeasible that space is open.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
In my Terrace senior year, we had about 5 drop out at least from 8-12 with only ever 1 or 2 kids joining from a waiting list. That is where terrace offers up oppurtinities

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)

Please cut it out with your uninformed posts, they're just stupid.

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
Results?

there is no chance a player is coming to terrace, because even if they did he cant play 1st XV due to the fact he is coming to the school too late in the year. it was the same situation with Hiale Roycraft last year, was unable to play 1st because he came to late into the year.....

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
BBC 7. Defeated NC nil
2 tight heads to BBC but Nafibanx Hewitt not playing.
The king was right. Man of match Karem Tauga. BBC have got themselves big mobile aggressive hooker. He put some big hits on.
stunned- the IGS pack is bigger than BBC . Shit some big units but depth is an issue . I hear no 3rds this year for IGS

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Mate I spoke to his brother on Monday night, and while I now realise he didn't explicitly deny it, saying "haha who said that" led me to believe that it was an unfounded rumour.

Since no-one can figure out any motivation to his leaving the school asides from "he has more friends at Terrace", it does seem implausible that he had left.

I had plenty of friends from Terrace as well in my time, but I didn't drop out of my school to be with them. The fact that he had family go through the school, was apparently well liked by all his peers, was academically and athletically successful at the school makes claims like that unbelievable.

Don't get up me for rationalising that he couldn't have left when all available evidence pointed to this rumour being a result of trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.