• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Has anyone been able to confirm whether Forsythe is at GT and what his eligibility is?? Did he play GPS trials?? He wasn't named in the 20 man GT squad that played on Saturday.

leftrightout

Stan Wickham (3)
"He could probably add a whole heap of BBC boys to that list as well, pretty minor representation for the 2014 favourites"

Dear King

BBC has had 116 years of being the underdog-and would prefer it to stay that way.
IMO the 20015 side will be considerably stronger than this year.The backline is far from settled but the new number 6-Farrell -is impressing the hell out of everyone & no one wants to be tackled by him at training.

Farrell has some go in him and has been doing ok in the trials but can he go for 70min, word has it he runs out of steam at training.
And as for nobody wanting to tackle him thats a big porky.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
"Would pick Joey Fittock or Fred Dorough over Ogilvie any day. "

add Sam Edwards to that mix-leading tryscorer for Qld maroon last year.

Or.... You could put fwd your own predictions GSP.

Let me guess: you are a BBC supporter!

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Or.. You could put fwd your own predictions GSP.

Let me guess: you are a BBC supporter

Correct. But I would like to think I am fairly objective.
That is why I have repeatedly said on earlier threads that:
1) ACGS are favourites in 2014;
2)Perese & Hewitt are the 2 best players in the comp.
I did not see the 2nd trial but I know that Ogilvie is a better fullback than winger & that there a quite a few rep wingers not in your squad that would suit that position better.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Or.. You could put fwd your own predictions GSP.

Let me guess: you are a BBC supporter

Correct. But I would like to think I am fairly objective.
That is why I have repeatedly said on earlier threads that:
1) ACGS are favourites in 2014;
2)Perese & Hewitt are the 2 best players in the comp.
I did not see the 2nd trial but I know that Ogilvie is a better fullback than winger & that there a quite a few rep wingers not in your squad that would suit that position better.

So.... Let's see your side rather then picking my predictions apart.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
"So.. Let's see your side rather then picking my predictions apart. "

Picking apart??I commented on one position.

No -I would prefer not to as you might over react again.

Linespeed

Sydney Middleton (9)
McReight to start at 12 while only in year 10, pushing Eddie McCorley to the wing.

"Fast" Eddie's shoulder looked sore at GPS trials so it may be a good move out of the smash-fest in the centres. The +ve is he def has the pace to finish on the wing.

I heard #10 Sly is out injured - don't know details

For me Paddy Dooley sets the benchmark in that fwd pack - very effective/high work rate/leader.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
"Fast" Eddie's shoulder looked sore at GPS trials so it may be a good move out of the smash-fest in the centres. The +ve is he def has the pace to finish on the wing.

I heard #10 Sly is out injured - don't know details

For me Paddy Dooley sets the benchmark in that fwd pack - very effective/high work rate/leader.

A lot of Grammar Boy's pulled up sore after the GPS trials, particularly after becoming acquainted with PJ Van den burg it seems.

Yes, Sly is out for an indefinite period of time after a bizarre injury prior to the trials, where it seems a touchie's flag poked him in the eye down on the Gold Coast playing League. He's been in hospital for a while after surgery and is reportedly wearing an eyepatch around school.

Couldn't agree more with Paddy Dooley. He is one of the stars in that forward pack, and apparently up around 90-95 kilograms. He'll do well out of the GPS Trials.

guildford

Peter Burge (5)
Has anyone been able to confirm whether Forsythe is at GT and what his eligibility is?? Did he play GPS trials?? He wasn't named in the 20 man GT squad that played on Saturday.
Incredibly yes it seems he is coming, starting next term, confirmed by his Mum. As to eligibility who knows? Going into yr eleven but to play 1st XV I personally would have thought not but there have been plenty of rule benders of late in this area so good chance of him playing

Linespeed

Sydney Middleton (9)
Incredibly yes it seems he is coming, starting next term, confirmed by his Mum. As to eligibility who knows? Going into yr eleven but to play 1st XV I personally would have thought not but there have been plenty of rule benders of late in this area so good chance of him playing

Is this situation actually covered by GPS Rules or does it form part of an "Agreement" between GPS schools?

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
What's the go with the gps teams, have they not been released already? I thought word was getting spread today?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Terrace have already been made aware of the selections.

Horan starts at 10 for GPS 1
Nikau Te-Rupe at 13 for GPS 2
Moroney on bench for GPS 2
Quilian Malak and Reuben Wall start for GPS 3

Leofa never made it to the second trial, George Cox had concussion issues, Roycroft misses out altogether

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
Terrace have already been made aware of the selections.

Horan starts at 10 for GPS 1
Nikau Te-Rupe at 13 for GPS 2
Moroney on bench for GPS 2
Quilian Malak and Reuben Wall start for GPS 3

Leofa never made it to the second trial, George Cox had concussion issues, Roycroft misses out altogether

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do you think ponga will get an aic 1 spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom