• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Did BBC have their main squad on? Can't imagine they did.

BBC had about 5 out today : see earlier threads.really missed Leyland and Farrell. More injuries to Gunter and Christianson
Note to Backs coach of BBC : mate they looked like soldiers crabs going sideways at about the same speed. Get some punch in the centres by putting Folds or Smith there.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I'd say Alex Mafi would have something to say about that. Returning Aus Schoolboy. That's a big statement seeing there is a lot of talent running around. (Including Moroney)

If he can get back on the pitch.. Still on crutches and a moon-boot. If it's as serious as a broken ankle he may only play a very limited number of games for Nudgee.

Terrace looked very good against Nudgee, but I can't see Nudgee playing the same performance in regular season. The only times Nudgee looked good were when the ball was shovelled to Pritchard

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
If he can get back on the pitch.. Still on crutches and a moon-boot. If it's as serious as a broken ankle he may only play a very limited number of games for Nudgee.

Terrace looked very good against Nudgee, but I can't see Nudgee playing the same performance in regular season. The only times Nudgee looked good were when the ball was shovelled to Pritchard

Hi King.
Saw Alex Mafi this afternoon.
He is not wearing a moon boot
or on crutches.
In fact, water boy for the Firsts.
He should be right for BGS game.
Also, after the BSH trial game was
seen driving his car.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Hi King.
Saw Alex Mafi this afternoon.
He is not wearing a moon boot
or on crutches.
In fact, water boy for the Firsts.
He should be right for BGS game.
Also, after the BSH trial game was
seen driving his car.

I'd back you over me if you saw him recently, but during the terrace game he was absolutely wearing a moonboot, black hoodie, and holding crutches between his legs

Good to hear he is out of the boot, though. Nudgee are a significantly better side with him there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
BBC had about 5 out today : see earlier threads.really missed Leyland and Farrell. More injuries to Gunter and Christianson
Note to Backs coach of BBC : mate they looked like soldiers crabs going sideways at about the same speed. Get some punch in the centres by putting Folds or Smith there.
Totally agree the inside centre for BBC was not passing quickly to the outside and getting it to the wingers.
GT backline was well structured and fast hands.
GT kicker was a bit of a shocker but fast on the field.
GT backline was fast and strong.
Don't believe BBC back line stuck to Barkers game plan.
They just were not or if they did get the ball to the wingers then GT stopped them.
10 for BBC scored a great individual try.
Lots of dropped ball by BBC in the 1st half.
To be honest the score should have been a lot higher for GT.
BBC missed their injured players and when Gunter came off momentum seemed to slow.
BBC ended up with at least 6 2nds and 16A players out there.
And have to say they all stood up.
Here's hoping they can get it together for TSS.
Great goal by Stead(16A's) in the 2nd half as it still looks like they don't have a kicker.
Smith hurt in the 16A game but they say he will be OK for next week.
16A's BBC won 28-5.
With at least 5 still missing from this side.

GPS selector

Bob McCowan (2)
Young man - I admire your school spirit but the 16 B And C teams count for nought when looking at depth for a first. Xv which is usually comprised of the very best 16 & 17 yr old s and more and more 18!year olds.
If the Terrace 2 nd xv win more than 4 matches I will,go nude in queen st

Anybody know the score of the Terrace Vs BCC 2nds today? It would interesting to find out who won and by how much after all the talk of BBC depth and if old mate GSP will be looking to run nude in queen st

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Anybody know the score of the Terrace Vs BCC 2nds today? It would interesting to find out who won and by how much after all the talk of BBC depth and if old mate GSP will be looking to run nude in queen st

We won't know until all the BBC boarders return what the BBC 2nds will really be like . But I admit the terrace 2nds have much more depth than I thought . I may have to get my asshole bleached - just in case

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
. Get some punch in the centres by putting Folds or Smith there.

I thought Foulds was barely fast enough for No 8 cant imagine him defending too well in the centers - I expect Farrell will make a huge difference to the pack. Too many big boppers not enough workers/mobility from what i saw.

Sam Edwards scored a nice try the boy can move.

faceforrugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
BBC lineup for GT this weekend:

1. Kahn Helms
2. Connor Christianson
3. Luke Peterson
4. Darcy Taimiua-Swain
5. Tom Davidson
6. Ben Gunter
7. Christian Malaula
8. Lachlan Foulds
9. Max Dempsey
10. Tiaontin Roaren
11. Len Ikatua
12. Jerumi Nanai
13. Sam Edwards
14. Ben Simpson
15. Nathaniel Carswell

Dylan Leyland resting a shoulder injury, Jack Farrel resting an ankle, Syd Smith playing 16s, Jayden Ngamu resting ankle, Kareem Tuuga resting knee. Not at strength and haven't been since the nudgee and ipswitch gps trial. Farrel and Leyland will come back into the team forcing one listed above out, either Malaula or Foulds will go to 2nds. Christianson to be replaced by Kareem. Ngamu to come back into the team with Carswell returning to the 16s. And Syd to find some form and straight running in the 16s, might make an debut depending on form and injuires. Carswell to be the replacement wing/fullback. Sam Edwards will most likely stay at 13 if not move back to a wing forcing a younger boy to move back into 16s. BBC by 20+ points up against a small GT forward pack and a league filled backline. Should be an interesting game but no chance GT will win. BBC will still have to play well and get this last game over before heading to the coast to play the match that the college has been dreading on since last year.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah no chance, you forget BBC are the biggest chokers in the comp.

faceforrugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
GT won about 6 tries to nil, but all BBC' s good players were playing in the losing 1st side.

Status
Not open for further replies.