• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
This is why Nudgee is often referred to as the Queensland Institute of Sport.

It's ok, if that's what they want to do . As long as the kids know this is why they're winning. Not because of great coaching or exceptional effort.
Tooms,

So fielding the most (safe assumption) teams in every age group, every year for the last 30 years has done nothing to assist in its depth and competitiveness.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
Tooms,

So fielding the most (safe assumption) teams in every age group, every year for the last 30 years has done nothing to assist in its depth and competitiveness.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the point?

Numbers participating don't translate to quality in the top XV in an age group. If that was the case there'd be other schools performing better as well.

Hey Nudgee actively pursue quality players. We all know this. Good on them. That's the way it is. But other schools don't, or at least not as aggressively.

You don't go to NC to get a great OP. Every school has it's strengths and weaknesses.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I
I'm not sure what that has to do with the point?

Numbers participating don't translate to quality in the top XV in an age group. If that was the case there'd be other schools performing better as well.

Hey Nudgee actively pursue quality players. We all know this. Good on them. That's the way it is. But other schools don't, or at least not as aggressively.

You don't go to NC to get a great OP. Every school has it's strengths and weaknesses.
I would say it is exactly the point. Your comment clearly stated nudgee wins because of recruiting not hard work or coaching. Churchie always is competitive at the least and they also have good depth there is a clear link between depth and success. BBC by all reports have had some top players the last couple of years but little depth compared with nc acgs terrace.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)

Absolutely it's a numbers game, the more people playing the better the top team. It's as simple as that. Put in place good development programs and it improves the statistical chances of finishing on top. And I know I shouldn't bite at your throw away line but I didn't need a great OP to figure that out. :)

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
I
I would say it is exactly the point. Your comment clearly stated nudgee wins because of recruiting not hard work or coaching. Churchie always is competitive at the least and they also have good depth there is a clear link between depth and success. BBC by all reports have had some top players the last couple of years but little depth compared with nc acgs terrace.

Depth helps, but <> success

A school with depth will be more successful more often, but it's just one factor.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
Absolutely it's a numbers game, the more people playing the better the top team. It's as simple as that. Put in place good development programs and it improves the statistical chances of finishing on top. And I know I shouldn't bite at your throw away line but I didn't need a great OP to figure that out. :)

You talk like its a zero sum game.

NC would be very competitive with their depth if they stopped pursuing quality players. That is a fact. But they would not be as dominant. Period.

It also wasn't a throw away line, rather a fact.

Ear

Peter Burge (5)
Would be a massive shame to see IGS and BSHS go the way of Sydney equivalents.

Action required imo, get recruiting at the 13's level to begin with. Get them playing. When we played BSHS they had a third (C's) team right the way through but not a fourth.

Agree with Bowside here. Going to school is about so much more than developing academic skills and life outside school is very little to do with essay writing and the academic grind.

Rugby develops some of these life skills in a very unique way and that's part of the reason the sport was invented. Get the boys participating.

What is the Cohort size at BSHS?

Is it True there are over 3000 students currently as BSHS?

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
ScreenHunter_008.jpg

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I'm changing my tips, BGS at home will win a thriller against State High!

BGS seconds destroyed BSHS, and without front line stars Liam McNamara, Enokka Kalupou, and Matt Sautia BSHS just haven't got enough firepower to overcome a BGS defence that's proven to be good under pressure (I know how that sounds but it's true)

Status
Not open for further replies.