• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stillnoidea

Peter Burge (5)
Maybe that is BBC's problem. Too many 16yo's (maybe believing their own press as undefeated 15's) playing against bigger stronger 17yo's.

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
Maybe that is BBC's problem. Too many 16yo's (maybe believing their own press as undefeated 15's) playing against bigger stronger 17yo's.
do not believe you are correct.The 16's have shown commitment to training and have now been picked against Nudgee.
The talk of BBC is that Syd Smith has been asked to leave the school .

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
do not believe you are correct.The 16's have shown commitment to training and have now been picked against Nudgee.
The talk of BBC is that Syd Smith has been asked to leave the school .
BBC have a strong record of top players being ill disciplined at school...

The Eagle

Stan Wickham (3)
The wings and 15 are all under 16's from last weekend
The centres from 15A's last year-Stead and Cotton moved the ball around .
13 in the 1st's this year is a natural wing and played that in the GPS 1 .
They need fast hands and smart heads Stead and Cotton had that and have shown that when given the opportunity in the 1st's.
BBC need aggression, heart and speed
I saw Cotton step Ponga against Churchie last year and score a try and thought that was pretty impressive. I was expecting BBC 16a's to be the dominant team in that age group after last year, however the test will be this week when they play NC.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
Might go down and watch the 14 A game bbc v nudgee .
The 2 Centres for both teams are on NRL training scholarships. 3 with broncos and 1 with cowboys .
If they keep nudgee below a 15 point winning margin they have done well .lowest score for nudgee 14 a this year is 60 points .

The Eagle

Stan Wickham (3)
The 2 Centres for both teams are on NRL training scholarships. 3 with broncos and 1 with cowboys .
If they keep nudgee below a 15 point winning margin they have done well .lowest score for nudgee 14 a this year is 60 points .
WOW! That is amazing , love watching new talent coming through, however it would be great to see them stay in rugby. The ARU needs to get rugby back on to free to air television and get the Australian public more involved. Drop the elitist attitude and show Australia that Rugby really is the greatest game of all.

M

Meriden87

I joined this link in the hope of seeing positive talk about young men out there giving it their all every weekend. All I see is a definite hatred of BBC and a not so positive out look for other teams unless they are playing against BBC. I watch a lot of GPS rugby games each weekend and I am astounded by the natural play of some of these boys. In the 15As last week, I saw a chap run 30 mtrs, throw 3 dummies and score a try (doesn't matter what game because I am sure there was a touch of magic in all games played last weekend). This is why I go and watch rugby (gps or club or super15) each week. To glance at the magic that CAN happen. Enjoy the game ladies and gents, no matter what school or team you support.

Stillnoidea

Peter Burge (5)
Assuming Swain out injured, here's my pick of a BBC forward pack to try and get some grunt and muscle in against Nudgee:
1 Helms
2 Christianson
3 Peterson
4 Leyland
5 Davidson
6 Tuuga
7 Farrel
8 Gunter

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Assuming Swain out injured, here's my pick of a BBC forward pack to try and get some grunt and muscle in against Nudgee:
1 Helms
2 Christianson
3 Peterson
4 Leyland
5 Davidson
6 Tuuga
7 Farrel
8 Gunter

Has the Tuuga at hooker experiment been dropped?

And surely it's unlikely that they're dropping Maloulou from 6 if he's captaining the side!

Stillnoidea

Peter Burge (5)
Just my preference for the pack. Trying to get some size and weight into the forwards that are being out-muscled at scrums and breakdowns in my opinion. S Farrel has gone ok at 2, but I don't know if he's fit enough or big enough, when there are other options.

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
I saw Cotton step Ponga against Churchie last year and score a try and thought that was pretty impressive. I was expecting BBC 16a's to be the dominant team in that age group after last year, however the test will be this week when they play NC.

Very hard to compare as 4 players from the winning team of last year are playing in the 1st's.
Also Nudgee have some new Scholarship players.

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
Has the Tuuga at hooker experiment been dropped?

And surely it's unlikely that they're dropping Maloulou from 6 if he's captaining the side!
He is still the captain of Rugby at BBC and that will not change.
An amazing young man and role model for all of the school rugby players.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
[quote="jack07, post: 644046, member: 20756"]He is still the captain of Rugby at BBC and that will not change.
An amazing young man and role model for all of the school rugby players.[/quote]

Correct-probably the most popular kid at the school.He will handle this with dignity & grace-like he does everything else.

Hilltop View

Peter Burge (5)
Digby, there is plenty of talent in these 2 sides. There are actually 5 in the NC side in Broncos program, 1 of these boys are with cowboys as well and BBC have 3 boys that I know of. Should be a great game.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
You are dreaming if you think any of these players are really on deals .. The best player is not with either of these NRL so I have been informed by a cheif recruitment guy from a Sydney club...

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
You are dreaming if you think any of these players are really on deals .. The best player is not with either of these NRL so I have been informed by a cheif recruitment guy from a Sydney club.

That's is why I was careful to use word scholarship and not "contract " .
Yes I know the boy you are talking about . He is new at nudgee this year . Is he playing 8 or 12 ?he interviewed at ACGS as well
Nudgee did not need the 2 new boys . They were undefeated last year !!!

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Round 3 opinions (Thus far tipping 7/8)

IGS v TSS.

It's the mullets v the fresh cuts this week and with TSS on a roll to start their season, lots will be tipping against the boys from the west. I'm unsure where it is being played so I'll say if it is down the coast, TSS by 25 but if it is up at Ippy, there might be an upset. IGS have done this to good teams in the past and can never be discounted at home. In fact they have a large spoiler streak and TSS would be wary not to read too much of their own press, especially after the insipid performance by the White Elephants in the first round. IGS forwards need to use every one of the dark arts Coach Eagle has passed on to shut down the very effective TSS pick and drive.

ACGS v TGS

Churchie toured Scotland as an acclimatization exercise for the TGS game and the school has razed a local slum to erect a purpose built climate controlled indoor rugby pitch to replicate the conditions the $2 Billion Churchie rugby satellite has predicted they will face this weekend on the range. TGS will put up a brave fight for the first twenty minutes but will be ultimately be rolled by one of the most cynically amassed rosters of schoolboy rugby talent since NC had Australian Schools players (Matahaere) in the 2nd XV. If Perese, Ponga or Mason do a hammie in the cold, this could become a very different season for Churchie although no doubt another "full fee" payer would bounce up next week to fill in.

NC v BBC

Before the season started, people were considering local apartment rentals to get close to the action of what was tipped as a blockbuster but if beating TGS by 3 at Miskin is the best BBC can do with its embarrassment of riches, then this does not deserve match of the round status. The White Elephants need to find their mojo because the season is nearly half over. NC had a yawn and a stretch last week before casually flicking BGS to the kerb and BBC will be sweating like Gerard Baden-Clay at his first shower parade that NC do not do the same to them, condemning them - again - to a season of excuses. NC by 15-20, but only if they focus on the game at hand and not the following week - NC v Churchie at Churchie.

BSHS v BGS

I really can't get excited about this one at all. BGS are a shadow of their recent selves and the BSHS rugby program is only weeks away from raiding Christmas Island with a handful of visas to keep its teams on the field. In the end I think the Polynesian presence will be too much for the Grammar who will be hopelessly distracted by the schoolyard scheming around all of the new words now allowed in Scrabble and BSHS will get up by 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.