• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
I was just wondering is any of the Australian School boys from Qld playing in the GPS comp in 2015?

Gavin Luka and Reece Hewat from Aussie School boys this year will be back in GPS at Nudgee next year for their final year.

From what I heard there may have been a couple of boys invited to the Reds identification squad who could not attend but will still be in consideration for the Elite squad for instance Hewet and Moseley from Nudgee.

GPSupporter

Bob McCowan (2)
I retract my previous statement there are some nudgee players there just none that played firsts this year (ie. Mosley, hewet, richman and hunt)

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Players who played 1st XV for Nudgee this year and are back next year are:

· Jack Ireland
· Gavin Luca
· Tom Zappala
· Reece Hewat
· Liam Moseley
· Tony Hunt
· Calvin Pritchard
· Liam Richman

I also heard that this year's Director of Rugby Anthony Connellan won't be coaching 1st XV next year.

Does anyone have any idea about who from this year’s teams will be playing next year and who the likely successor for Connellan is?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Jason Gilmore - Churchie 1st XV Head Coach 2013-14 - off to the Reds/QRU full-time, and btw here's an interesting note on his background (from the Churchie Old Boys' Association):

Jason Gilmore Sees Red!
OCTOBER 31, 2014

First XV coach and Athletics Performance Officer, Jason Gilmore (1995) is leaving Churchie, again.

Jason will finish on Friday 31 October 2014 to take up a full-time coaching opportunity with the Queensland Reds where his primary role will be Head Coach of the Under 20’s.

As a former student of Churchie, Jason is part of a strong family legacy of Old Boys that started with his grandfather Alan Edwards (dec’d), who attended the school from 1946 to 1949. Jason is pictured wearing Alan’s Vintage Vikings tie. The rugby pedigree in the family is certainly not a new thing. Before going on to play for Australia, Jason’s great uncle, Owen Edwards (1959), played in the Churchie First XV for two years (1958 and 1959). Jason was also a member of the First XV for two years, in 1994 and 1995. Prior to joining the staff at Churchie in January 2013, he was the First XV Head Coach at Toowoomba Grammar School.

In the two years since, he has forged a new Churchie legacy. This year, Jason has been part of two GPS Premiership groups – the 2014 GPS Swimming team and the undefeated First XV Rugby side, which has been described by many well-respected commentators as one of the best schoolboy sides that has ever played the game. Jason has worked meticulously with his coaching and management staff to prepare and motivate Churchie’s young athletes to give their best. He will be in good company at the Reds joining fellow Old Boys that are current Reds players and players from this year’s First XV who will soon become Old Boys.

All the best Jason! Make them see Red!

Senior Reds – Karmichael Hunt (2003), Quade Cooper (2006), Jake Schatz (2007)
Reds Under 20’s – Michael Gunn (2012), Sam Hyne (2012), Douglas MacMillan (2013), Harley Fox (2014), Izaia Perese (2014), Angus Scott Young (2014)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So Churchie and Nudgee are both looking for new Directors of Rugby and coaches. Anyone have any inside running on who might get these jobs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
I am hearing that the coaches and directors jobs are going to be big surprises.
Anyone have inside knowledge who is going where and if some new blood is coming into the GPS systems

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Anyone have inside knowledge who is going where and if some new blood is coming into the GPS systems

"Mr Andrew Moloney, currently Head of Rugby at Barker College, Sydney, and Australian Schoolboys Rugby Coach, has been appointed to the role of Churchie's Director of Rugby. Mr Maloney has already been to the School to meet with staff, parents and boys in preparation for 2015."

IPPY75

Frank Row (1)

I'm hearing IGS have finally realised Charles can't coach (took long enough). New coach in 2015.

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
I heard differently.The Red team followed their coaches instructions.
He shared field time with a BBC boy both played well in the 10 position.
15 and 14 combined well both from BBC first try was scored thru 15 passing off to 14 .
Another try was scored thru 14 handing off to 15.
Word from BBC boys is that they enjoyed the coaching staff at the Reds which was totally different to Barker's and his coaching teams style.
I certainly hope your not attempting to denigrate Barker

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
A little birdy told me that the BBC coach Barker has moved to Gregory Terrace... but will not coach the 1st XV.

Most likely the 16 A's in lead up for GT's big 2016 push.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
A little birdy told me that the BBC coach Barker has moved to Gregory Terrace. but will not coach the 1st XV.

Most likely the 16 A's in lead up for GT's big 2016 push.

There is a Mr Tom Barker listed in the new staff section of the 2015 welcome letter!!

Linespeed

Sydney Middleton (9)
There is a Mr Tom Barker listed in the new staff section of the 2015 welcome letter!!
Yes the gossip circulating last year was Tom Barker to GT as coach/talent development & not coaching Firsts.

So where do we stand for 2015 1st XV Coaches:
ACGS Moloney
BBC Peterson?/?
BGS Emtage/Gardner?
BSHS ?
GT McCormack
IGS Eagle ?
NC ?
TSS Wallace
TGS Enfantie

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
It must be getting to that time of year where we start picking teams making predictions and talking up BBC as title favourites - let the fun time roll!!!!!

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
So what about coaches in 2015... I predict changed at GT NC BBC for sure and then there needs to be changes at BSHS and IPPY . Surely the state high coach can't survive or the ippy figure head coach ??

Considering the State High coach is the ALP Candidate for Chatsworth, I'd say there'd be a fairly safe bet that changes depending on January 31.

Jack Hardy

Frank Nicholson (4)
BBC players and supporters why put pressure on yourselves? Quietly go about the business of preparing for the season ahead. Be confident in your ability but be humble before the task ahead. Focus on doing the work and let others sing your praises after you have achieved something praiseworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.