• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Also I hear that Nudgee 13's matched it pretty handily against State High forwards and the contest was reasonably even upfront , however , whatever ball State High got they converted into points opportunity as they pimp slapped the Nudgee backs

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
I heard that the BSHS u/13 A team beat the Churchie u/13 A team by 21 tries to nil. Can anyone confirm this?

And the under BSHS 14 B's beat Churchie 7 tries to nil.

and the BSHS 14 A's beat Churchie 7 tries to 1.

What is happening at Churchie rugby?

Can someone comment on this?

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
@ Hound

I didn't get to see Churchie and State High on the weekend but ( in the 13's ) 67-0 seems like a shellacking

I assume the "A" Team was trotted out for the 3rd chukka again ? And likely after the damage had been done ?

I wouldn't have thought the State High forward pack would have had their way with your forward pack - admittedly not as big as the Boppa State High Pack. But not this means anything with boys who know how to play breakdown Rugby as a pack ( which Churchie and Terrace are the best at IMO at this age group level )

Do I assume correctly that State High went medieval on you through the backs ?

@GO

As with any under age team once a team gets ascendancy it is very hard to stop the rot. The BSHS fullback was just about unstoppable by the end of the game (as well as their outside backs) I don't know what teams were put together A/B/C but with Borders and long weekends some boys were not available. From my limited view Churhcie maned up in the forwards but once the big boys got a roll on it was hard to stop.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Hi Bear,

I don't think it was 21 tries in the U13 but it was comprehensive. No conversions taken. These are trials and each team had a mix of players in the run on. So as such (if it is any consolation) Churchie did not run on their best 15 during the game. Keep in mind that this BSHS team put on over 100 on NC the week before. They are a good side big side with fast backs. Skills could be a lot better but they don't need them. BSHS will cause headaches to every team they play this year

U14

Again Churchie run these trails using an A/B squad with all boys getting a run in both squads I believe. BSHS also had a few A's in the B squad. I know Churchie had a number of boys unavailable due to injury and Long weekend. Lose a couple of Key players and the results can balloon out. The Churchie B team, once the squad is sorted out, will be OK and will win more than they lose this year. The A team had a crack and looked competitive for the fist half. Silly errors gave the ball to BSHS who made the most of them. To Chruchie credit they scored a good team try right on full time. If nothing else these boys don't give up. The hard work these boys put in know will pay dividends in a few years time when they catch up in maturity.

R

Rugby Spirit

Has this become and U13 & U14 forum...Lol Can anyone say who made the GPS trial teams on the weekend does anyone have any news from another age group other than 13...come on guys these are 13 year year olds you are talking about...some have developed some haven't...any news on whats happening when they have all matured and evened out?
Or have the real posters moved on....

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
Has this become and U13 & U14 forum.Lol Can anyone say who made the GPS trial teams on the weekend does anyone have any news from another age group other than 13.come on guys these are 13 year year olds you are talking about.some have developed some haven't.any news on whats happening when they have all matured and evened out?
Or have the real posters moved on..
lol.. then don't read it. Scan through and move on. If people want to talk about Qld GPS 13s on a Qld GPS forum then they can. As I said; scan through until you find your points of interest. But sorry I can't help if nobody else is posting here - imagine if the above weren't posting - then we'd have silence.

Keep up the posts, it is a forum after all.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Wading is good. Wading works . But you may have to be wading a while until someone posts what you want to read.

There was 2 or 3 pages of U15 News a couple pages back and Blue and White and others were put on the lie detector about what's going on at Nudgee and why their 15's will continue to kick everyone's ass ........and they passed with flying colours

To quench your thirst re : GPS selections I only know that BBC supposedly landed 5 in GPS 1 ( lock , 7, wing , centre , and fullback ) 1 in GPS 2 ( reserve hooker ) and 2 in GPS 3 ( Prop and 10 )

It was only told to me verbally by a mate of mine last night and I haven't seen any team lists

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
No worries Lion Man. I don't disagree with your assessment , however , a little perspective is not a bad thing here when you consider :

1. The BBC boys had been at camp last week and got back late Friday with no training
2. Several of these players then turned around and fulfilled their Term 2 Sporting commitments before trotting out on Saturday
2. We had some kids playing their 1st and 2nd game of Rugby for the school
3. Key players were out injured or haven't arrived yet
4. It is a trial where some boys who start likely wont during the regular season
5. For all intents and purposes it was a tied game given that disallowed try which at best ( from a Terrace perspective ) was a player error in placing the ball short when the defense had been beat or at worst was a referee error in not permitting the ongoing movement where the ball was scooped up in support and placed over the line.

Anyway...who gives a rats ....it's a trial

I understand Terrace have another or maybe more than 1 that are coming for Term 3 anyway.

All good

R

Rugby Spirit

lol.. then don't read it. Scan through and move on. If people want to talk about Qld GPS 13s on a Qld GPS forum then they can. As I said; scan through until you find your points of interest. But sorry I can't help if nobody else is posting here - imagine if the above weren't posting - then we'd have silence.

Keep up the posts, it is a forum after all.

Wow that's pretty deep...seeing as you replied to mine I will to yours...apologies if I offended any 13 year old dads out there who are just entering the world of GPS rugger and are super excited about "little" Johnny being the next big superstar, wait a few years when it all evens out...remember who is playing and how old they are its a little "Over the top"....no need to read this no need to reply...

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
To quench your thirst re : GPS selections I only know that BBC supposedly landed 5 in GPS 1 ( lock , 7, wing , centre , and fullback ) 1 in GPS 2 ( reserve hooker ) and 2 in GPS 3 ( Prop and 10 )

It was only told to me verbally by a mate of mine last night and I haven't seen any team lists

No surprises there even though BBC 4 did not play-he made Qld 1 last year. As expected Nudgee 3,8,10,12 made it plus a truckload in GPS 2.

15 BBC & 3NC were the standouts.
I hear 9 is BGS

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Calvin Pritchard makes GPS 3 Bench after playing QLD 1 last year.
Reuben Wall also in GPS 3. Plenty of big names have got a point to prove

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Surely its OK to discuss U13 and U14 Rugby . No ?

Just as its acceptable to talk about Rugby 2 years up in 15's / 16's ?

Why are parents 2 years up more moderate and sagely and parents 2 years below OTT Nutters ?

Could it be that all enjoy the experience positively just the same ?

Anyway ....it seems like regular programming has resumed

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
If I remember correctly last year saw a number of players not make GPS 1 but then play Qld 1, I think the selectors, where they know what certain players bring to the table, will give other boys a shot with the 'top' team to see if they bring anything different.

e.g. Moroney was bench GPS 2 (from memory) Qld 1 and Australian Schoolboys - so I wouldn't read to much into GPS selections just yet.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Although these teams aren't a great representation as players like Conor Moroney was on the bench in GPS 2 last year and then played Aus schoolboys

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
If I remember correctly last year saw a number of players not make GPS 1 but then play Qld 1, I think the selectors, where they know what certain players bring to the table, will give other boys a shot with the 'top' team to see if they bring anything different.

e.g. Moroney was bench GPS 2 (from memory) Qld 1 and Australian Schoolboys - so I wouldn't read to much into GPS selections just yet.

Correct.
He played the tests & was named best player on NZ tour and started from GPS 3.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Is anyone surprised that all 5 boys named in extended Aussie under 18 sevens squad are in GPS 1.?
B&G - Pat Carrigan named in GPS 1 as 5. Was he at GT last year?.
Darcy Swain named at 4 but I have not seen him play since he got back from Japan.
Selectors showing great faith.

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
Is anyone surprised that all 5 boys named in extended Aussie under 18 sevens squad are in GPS 1.?
B&G - Pat Carrigan named in GPS 1 as 5. Was he at GT last year?.
Darcy Swain named at 4 but I have not seen him play since he got back from Japan.
Selectors showing great faith.
Can you please put a copy of the list in this forum please

Status
Not open for further replies.