• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Herat and Mosley for sure, I won't be surprised if they both in the Australian School Boy side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Any insights into what the Nudgee team will look like?

Regular players who played 1st XV for Nudgee last year and are back this year are:

· Jack Ireland
· Gavin Luca
· Tom Zappala
· Reece Hewat
· Liam Moseley
· Tony Hunt
· Calvin Pritchard

Others who played a handful of games that are back are:

· Liam Richman

. Kalala Meni

As someone has already said Hewat and Luca were Aussie Schoolboys last year, and you would assume would be there again; I reckon with the addition of Moseley this year.

Hewat and Moseley were both in the QLD Red 7’s National Team and would be unlucky to not make the Aussie Youth Commonwealth Games squad, selected from that tournament too.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Found the Darling Downs team. All up, 86 GPS reps involved in JGC with 18 in possession of First XV caps.

@linespeed No, not yet - I'm allergic to preseason!

Pink(mainly BBC & NC)v Purple(mostly ACGS & BSHS) is curtain raiser to Reds v Brumbies on Saturday.

Hopefully The King can provide an update.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Regular players who played 1st XV for Nudgee last year and are back this year are:

· Jack Ireland
· Gavin Luca
· Tom Zappala
· Reece Hewat
· Liam Moseley
· Tony Hunt
· Calvin Pritchard

Others who played a handful of games that are back are:

· Liam Richman
. Kalala Meni

As someone has already said Hewat and Luca were Aussie Schoolboys last year, and you would assume would be there again; I reckon with the addition of Moseley this year.

Hewat and Moseley were both in the QLD Red 7’s National Team and would be unlucky to not make the Aussie Youth Commonwealth Games squad, selected from that tournament too.

Wow I did not know Pritchard was back.

Clear clear favourites.

Linespeed

Sydney Middleton (9)
Wow I did not know Pritchard was back.......

This should be his year if injury free....possibly a 4th trip to Nationals at Riverview since U16s.

GSP #12 was the problem area for BBC in 2014, how are the centres looking at BBC this year?

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
This should be his year if injury free..possibly a 4th trip to Nationals at Riverview since U16s.

GSP #12 was the problem area for BBC in 2014, how are the centres looking at BBC this year?

I would add workrate and ground coverage out of the back 5 to the issues list.

What are the options there - anyone want to 'pick' the line up

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
This should be his year if injury free..possibly a 4th trip to Nationals at Riverview since U16s.

LS

12 was only a problem for 1st 4 matches then then it went well when they stopped experimenting(beat IGS 65-8).The backs will not be a problem for BBC because:
-the whole backline for BBC except 9 & 13 are back;
-there are 3 others backs that played 1 or 2 matches last year that are back.
-4 in Qld 7s team-so the back 3 should be electric.

2 spots up for grabs are 9 & 13.
Will they have forward depth??Not to match NC-and perhaps TSS.

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Players emails and letters sent to those successful in making the Australian Youth Commonwealth 7's squad..... Good luck to all the Queensland GPS players who tried out!!

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Players emails and letters sent to those successful in making the Australian Youth Commonwealth 7's squad... Good luck to all the Queensland GPS players who tried out!!
I wonder how many Qld boys made the train on squad? Good luck to them!

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
I got it right last year (see below) and this year is just as easy .
The results will be:
1 NC (and undefeated);
2 "daylight";
3 TSS
4 BBC.

( Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' , Jul 30, 2014.
Page 23 of 150>44There is a difference between "talking" & "talking it up".
  1. I have consistently said that on paper I pick:
    1.Churchie;
    2.NC;
    3.BBC or TSS)​

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Word is out that Nudgee boys Reece Hewat and Liam Moesely have been selected for the wider squad for the Australian Youth Commonwealth Games Team..... Anyone else heard about any others?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The respective schools, parents, associates and friends of those who participated in the ARU National Youth Sevens, and those who have been selected in the Wider Training Group for the Youth Commonwealth Games Team, are right to feel proud of the boys in the squads and congratulations to them all on a job well done.

However -- let's keep the Youth Commonwealth Rugby 7's chatter to the ARU Age Group 7's thread and not duplicate it here, unless that selection is going to impact on the Qld GPS competition.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Word is out that Nudgee boys Reece Hewat and Liam Moesely have been selected for the wider squad for the Australian Youth Commonwealth Games Team... Anyone else heard about any others?
Anyone know if any BBC GPS 1st XV team members got letters?

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Word is out that Nudgee boys Reece Hewat and Liam Moesely have been selected for the wider squad for the Australian Youth Commonwealth Games Team... Anyone else heard about any others?
If any of these boys make the final squad (3 - 13 Sept) they will be out for the last 2 games (Rd 8 & Rd 9) of the GPS season. How would NC go not having Hewat and Mosely for 2 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.