• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michalak

Bob McCowan (2)
Plenty down at TSS think BBC are the big danger.But if they have as many injuries as last year they will fall again.Are the ovals too hard at Toowong or what? Ridiculous number of injuries in last 3 years including now rep players like Conrad Quick,Lolo Fakilosea,and last year I think 4 rep players only played 2 matches between them.

Mr King I really enjoy your(fair & entertaining ) match summaries & hope you do it again this year.
You will enjoy watching the new TSS number 8 this year.

Have you got a team prediction for TSS? Seems like they may be in contention to break their premiership drought this year

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Have you got a team prediction for TSS? Seems like they may be in contention to break their premiership drought this year

To early yet- but with 7 back plus new number 8'-even my mate the cricket coach at TSS is confident .
Will know after round 2 where we play BBC at home on old boys day.
Not sure our backline will match NC or BBC but our forwards will up to it.good depth this year.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
To early yet- but with 7 back plus new number 8'-even my mate the cricket coach at TSS is confident .
Will know after round 2 where we play BBC at home on old boys day.
Not sure our backline will match NC or BBC but our forwards will up to it.good depth this year.

I thought young Thomas Van Der Schyff would have been lined up for No. 8. Will he be fitting in at blindside flanker?

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
I've hitched my wagon to the University of Queensland's media unit this year, which unfortunately rules me out of covering the GPS Season.

It'll be the first I haven't covered since 2012.

I'm hoping that some other aspiring young sports journalist can take up the mantle.

Green and Gold has been a wonderful environment to find my voice writing, and I owe it plenty. If anyone is interested this year I'll be happy to help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best of luck TK
hope it all works out

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
I thought young Thomas Van Der Schyff would have been lined up for No. 8. Will he be fitting in at blindside flanker?
He's got to be there or there a bouts. Would of thought loose head lock as I don't think he has the speed. Either way he'd be part of my starting 15

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)

By this I mean 7 players back from last year plus a new number 8 .

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Any feed back from rugby camps.
NC are happy with the progress.
My nephew tells me (from facebook) that BBC s tighthead prop from last year(who had a great season) is still not able to run and there is big concern.
TSS must be overwhelming early favourites.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
My nephew tells me (from facebook) that BBC s tighthead prop from last year(who had a great season) is still not able to run and there is big concern.

I seemed to think BSHS played a trial game recently so preparations starting early for them.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)

TGS toured NZ. Sounded like a fairly successful tour but did not win every game, but a good win over Christchurch Boys' High.

Old Rugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
GT had a "great" start with one of their props suffering a badly broken femur in their first training session on camp. It will be a long and arduous season.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)

correct. Very concerning - they were hoping to have same front row as played most matches last year. Also 2 bad ACL injuries at 1st tackling session.

The good news is that ( Drahms mate) Totai Kefu was seen helping out at the camp. Lets hope he has an official role.

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
GT had a "great" start with one of their props suffering a badly broken femur in their first training session on camp. It will be a long and arduous season.

I'd put "props" in quotations marks because frankly the poor kid was not going to play prop in this years first XV. He's in grade 11 and there's quite a few boys who would have been selected ahead of him. Still a broken Femur and he's out all year! The 16As will miss him.

Speaking of Props does anyone know what position Howard was playing for in the GT 1st XV? He'd surely be up for selection from grade 11, but the question is where? I hear he has not played prop since primary school but he'd fit in there nicely.

Jason Higgins

Frank Row (1)
I'd put "props" in quotations marks because frankly the poor kid was not going to play prop in this years first XV. He's in grade 11 and there's quite a few boys who would have been selected ahead of him. Still a broken Femur and he's out all year! The 16As will miss him.

Speaking of Props does anyone know what position Howard was playing for in the GT 1st XV? He'd surely be up for selection from grade 11, but the question is where? I hear he has not played prop since primary school but he'd fit in there nicely.

Really, Well I have heard from very reliable sources that he was a definite contender to make 1st XV this year and I have also heard from a number of boys that he was 'carving up' while on camp.

Old Rugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Jason you are correct. He had been very committed and talented. He was a real chance and a very good kid to boot. Cam Howard is a strong chance at 6. God help the short blind side runners who come his way.... Brilliant footballer

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Jason you are correct. He had been very committed and talented. He was a real chance and a very good kid to boot. Cam Howard is a strong chance at 6. God help the short blind side runners who come his way.. Brilliant footballer
Short and blindside do not belong in the same sentence

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
Really, Well I have heard from very reliable sources that he was a definite contender to make 1st XV this year and I have also heard from a number of boys that he was 'carving up' while on camp.

Well look you might be right, I just know the props in the year 12 group are very good and the grade 11 boy who broke his femur had only played 1 season at prop and while he had a great chance to come off the bench I find it hard to believe he could start. Of course, in the 6 or more months since last year things may have changed.

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
Cam Howard is a strong chance at 6. God help the short blind side runners who come his way.. Brilliant footballer

At 6? I suppose if he isn't at prop that might suit him. Howard is a ball runner I suppose. I wonder if he's beefed up since last year, perhaps if he had filled out a tad muscle wise (I'm sure he could have) then I could see him at 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.